Tecso Express open til 10pm Tonight

Found 24th Dec 2017
Not so much of a deal but a heads up, you can still get those last minute things right up to 10pm at Tesco Express stores.

Gimme some Heat

tesco.com/sto…uk/
Community Updates
Top comments
I used to work in retail, found it unfair to make staff work late on Xmas eve and some on Christmas day. Give the staff a break and let them go home early and spend it with their families. If you haven't got what you need by 4pm then that's your fault!
20 Comments
Just look at the advert on TV.

Same as every year.
I used to work in retail, found it unfair to make staff work late on Xmas eve and some on Christmas day. Give the staff a break and let them go home early and spend it with their families. If you haven't got what you need by 4pm then that's your fault!
I won't be going...
Cold not asda joking btw 😁
Original Poster
Who moved thsi? I want some heat like this one .

hotukdeals.com/dea…362
mtc12 m ago

Who moved thsi? I want some heat like this one …Who moved thsi? I want some heat like this one .https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amazon-prime-now-delivering-up-until-midnight-tonight-if-youve-forgotten-to-get-something-2863362

It's not an offer a mod moved it. And just before it moved it was well into freezing cold...
Original Poster
stoneblade53 s ago

It's not an offer a mod moved it. And just before it moved it was well …It's not an offer a mod moved it. And just before it moved it was well into freezing cold...

And Amazon delivering til midnight is an offer?
mtc110 m ago

At least with yours you don't need Tesco Express Prime to make use of it
mtc132 m ago

Post it tomorrow, mods might be enjoying their Christmas day and not notice
Give them heat? This is absolute zero!

You gotta an extreme Scrooge to make workers work till 22:00 for the last minute few. Read my post on "A Christmas Carol".
Edited by: "splender" 24th Dec 2017
stoneblade2 h, 24 m ago

I used to work in retail, found it unfair to make staff work late on Xmas …I used to work in retail, found it unfair to make staff work late on Xmas eve and some on Christmas day. Give the staff a break and let them go home early and spend it with their families. If you haven't got what you need by 4pm then that's your fault!

Not all of us celebrate Xmas we live in a multicultural society so im sure most retailers will employ some Muslims etc that won't be celebrating and can cover such shifts if they haven't booked annual leave. I know my hubby's place of work he does Xmas shifts in return the ones that don't celebrate eid are happy to let him have that day off.
Just be glad you get a bank holiday we get nothing
splender36 m ago

Give them heat? This is absolute zero! You gotta an extreme Scrooge to …Give them heat? This is absolute zero! You gotta an extreme Scrooge to make workers work till 22:00 for the last minute few. Read my post on "A Christmas Carol".

I think my bosses must have qualified as extreme Scrooges when I used to have to work to 8am Xmas day on single time (classed as a normal working day as the shift began on xmas eve) and not a word of thanks.
bryanhaines39925 m ago

I think my bosses must have qualified as extreme Scrooges when I used to …I think my bosses must have qualified as extreme Scrooges when I used to have to work to 8am Xmas day on single time (classed as a normal working day as the shift began on xmas eve) and not a word of thanks.

Yes, they qualify indeed. "A Christmas Carol" says so, this summarises excellent the standard our society expects long before Dickens wrote this and is a timeless story on how we should behave and expected to behave. I posted this book on Freebie and it got 700+ degrees heat as you may know.

An extremist of Scrooge. At least double time if not treble times for Christmas Eve, Christmas and Boxing Day. This is for the birth of Christ, for Christ's sake!
Edited by: "splender" 24th Dec 2017
adhkarzf40 m ago

Not all of us celebrate Xmas we live in a multicultural society so im sure …Not all of us celebrate Xmas we live in a multicultural society so im sure most retailers will employ some Muslims etc that won't be celebrating and can cover such shifts if they haven't booked annual leave. I know my hubby's place of work he does Xmas shifts in return the ones that don't celebrate eid are happy to let him have that day off. Just be glad you get a bank holiday we get nothing

Last year I worked Christmas day and Boxing day... Night shifts. Also new year's day

This year I've got to work tonight, tomorrow night, new year's eve, new year's day. Tried to book them off months ago and they were all booked up by the time I got my holiday form from the manager.

Find it a bit unfair that I've got to do it twice in a row.

There might be a couple of Muslims on the night shifts at best in my store.
By the way OP is right... Why is the Amazon one a deal and this isn't? No consistency.
hearts2241 m ago

Last year I worked Christmas day and Boxing day... Night shifts. Also new …Last year I worked Christmas day and Boxing day... Night shifts. Also new year's dayThis year I've got to work tonight, tomorrow night, new year's eve, new year's day. Tried to book them off months ago and they were all booked up by the time I got my holiday form from the manager.Find it a bit unfair that I've got to do it twice in a row. There might be a couple of Muslims on the night shifts at best in my store.

Early bird gets the worm and all that. My hubby has to book his holidays all the way back in October for the next year to even get a chance at decent dates. It's just the way life is get it in first this year rather than later. Saying that he still hasn't handed in his holiday forms so im guessing he's not going to get any days off in the kids holidays which is great
adhkarzf15 m ago

Early bird gets the worm and all that. My hubby has to book his holidays …Early bird gets the worm and all that. My hubby has to book his holidays all the way back in October for the next year to even get a chance at decent dates. It's just the way life is get it in first this year rather than later. Saying that he still hasn't handed in his holiday forms so im guessing he's not going to get any days off in the kids holidays which is great

Like I said, they gave me the form late

For next year I have already handed in my form this time as they actually gave it to me at the end of November rather than at the end of January like last year! Have to wait for the form because they say on that my holiday entitlement for the year... Apparently it varies slightly.
Edited by: "hearts22" 24th Dec 2017
Does anyone have a Tecso near them?
mtc16 h, 23 m ago

Who moved thsi? I want some heat like this one …Who moved thsi? I want some heat like this one .https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amazon-prime-now-delivering-up-until-midnight-tonight-if-youve-forgotten-to-get-something-2863362

Can't argue with your sentiment there.
Cold.

Closed now.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions