Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey £18.99 instore @ Ringwood Waitrose

Posted 11th Feb 2021
Important. Please avoid making journeys that aren’t essential. In-store items can sell out quickly, so any trip made just for this could be wasted and unnecessarily risk spreading the virus. It’s important we all shop responsibly, wear a face mask when required and continue to help slow the spread of Covid-19. You can read more here about the Coronavirus restrictions (gov.uk/cor…rus (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus)).

Spotted in my local Waitrose - after a quick Google the full price of £26 looks quite good but the reduction down to £18.99 convinced me to try my first bottle of Irish Whiskey. It's a blend, but non-chill filtered, natural colour and 46%. Haven't tried it yet - will update when I get the chance at the weekend. Can't open before as it was a chance purchase whilst essential shopping for Valentine's Day - opening before Sunday will illicit too many questions! First ever deal posted! I'm just chuffed to have been in a supermarket and found a yellow sticker in the whisky aisle.
Teeling Small Batch Bottling Note: The flagship expression from Dublin's Teeling, the Small Batch Irish whiskey is made with a blend of malt and grain whiskeys, initially aged in ex-Bourbon barrels. Following that, the Teeling folks moved the whiskey over to casks that had previously held Central American rum! In these casks, the whiskey had an extra rest for up to 12 months, before being bottled at 46% ABV without any chill-filtration. Wonderfully full-flavoured, with plenty of fresh fruit, creamy vanilla and lively spice notes to enjoy!
3666637.jpg
Community Updates
4 Comments
Post a comment