Teenage girl dead and boy, 16, fighting for life after London shootings

Top comments
I live in london and these young kids are just wild. When i was 13-14 all i wanted was a playstation and to play football. Now a 14year old wants a rolex and money. I blame the parents and social media.
think it's down to the fact the police aren't allowed to do their job anymore without being accused of being biased. stop and search isn't being used anymore as they were accused of just stopping a minority group of people. hence young males are routinely carrying weapons as they know they're unlikely to get searched. when police try and stop them they flee on mopeds which aren't allowed to be chased incase one of them come off. what's the solution? who knows but we can't carry on like this
Edited by: "discozohan" 3rd Apr
23 Comments
Seems political to me.

There is a massive issue with young people killing each other in London.

Neither country reports crime statistics in the same way.

Neither country follows the same rules for defining a cities metrolpolitan area.

London has an increasing population, NYC has an almost static, declining in real terms population.
deleted1315437
groenleader1 m ago

Seems political to me. There is a massive issue with young people killing …Seems political to me. There is a massive issue with young people killing each other in London. Neither country reports crime statistics in the same way. Neither country follows the same rules for defining a cities metrolpolitan area. London has an increasing population, NYC has an almost static, declining in real terms population.

London is on the decline from what it looks like.
I live in london and these young kids are just wild. When i was 13-14 all i wanted was a playstation and to play football. Now a 14year old wants a rolex and money. I blame the parents and social media.
deleted13154373rd Apr

London is on the decline from what it looks like.

Cuz there all killing each other!?
adeljay9210 m ago

I live in london and these young kids are just wild. When i was 13-14 all …I live in london and these young kids are just wild. When i was 13-14 all i wanted was a playstation and to play football. Now a 14year old wants a rolex and money. I blame the parents and social media.

Socilaisation is everything and starts at home. Its worth noting it is a small selections of kids of living a very certain lifestyle.
I have lived and worked in London all my life and too try and talk about this subject while skirting around the elephant in the room is nigh on impossible and exactly the reason why the problem is getting worse year on year, people blame the parents but the same problems were present 40 years ago when i was growing up in Tottenham and you now have the grandchildren walking the same pavements as both their grandparents and parents did before them.
deleted1315437
coys675 m ago

I have lived and worked in London all my life and too try and talk about …I have lived and worked in London all my life and too try and talk about this subject while skirting around the elephant in the room is nigh on impossible and exactly the reason why the problem is getting worse year on year, people blame the parents but the same problems were present 40 years ago when i was growing up in Tottenham and you now have the grandchildren walking the same pavements as both their grandparents and parents did before them.

It is not easy. All my comments are being removed.
coys673rd Apr

I have lived and worked in London all my life and too try and talk about …I have lived and worked in London all my life and too try and talk about this subject while skirting around the elephant in the room is nigh on impossible and exactly the reason why the problem is getting worse year on year, people blame the parents but the same problems were present 40 years ago when i was growing up in Tottenham and you now have the grandchildren walking the same pavements as both their grandparents and parents did before them.

I said in my first post, "seems political" b/c while there is an issue on the streets of London confined to small selection of the youth population.

The biggest change is in NYC, 2000 murders a year in the 1990s to its quietest recorded month ever being quoted in the press with out context.

A change in demographics, a loss of significance, etc. all effecting who wants to live there and who does live there.

How we tackle this youth issue is the big question, comparisons to non contextual events else where just make the arguments politically motivated.
Without meaning to sound like the odd one out IMO much of the problems are down to PC madness, bad parenting endemic in families, and children not being made accountable for there actions as it doesn't appear a good idea to criminalise young children. Then when something has to be done sadly it' all too late.
Send them all up to Belfast or Glasgow for a spell and see how long they last acting and behaving as they do. Us Celtic folk won't tolerate such nonsense!
Shootings are bad.
.Yoshi.3rd Apr

Send them all up to Belfast or Glasgow for a spell and see how long they …Send them all up to Belfast or Glasgow for a spell and see how long they last acting and behaving as they do. Us Celtic folk won't tolerate such nonsense!

Ha my mate was given a choice aged 15, Leave the falls road go and live with his auntie on the mainland or face the consequences for his crimes (minor theft & vandalism and not very pleasant consequences!)

Tough but effective policing by the community.
DKLS24 m ago

Ha my mate was given a choice aged 15, Leave the falls road go and live …Ha my mate was given a choice aged 15, Leave the falls road go and live with his auntie on the mainland or face the consequences for his crimes (minor theft & vandalism and not very pleasant consequences!)Tough but effective policing by the community.

My comments keep getting deleted but this is exactly what I mean. Why do places like Belfast and Glasgow not have problems with youth acting like wannabe ghetto gangsters? Yes there is crime and gangs but the community would not tolerate youth acting and dressing like they were from an American ghetto so what is going on in London where this is acceptable?
.Yoshi.3rd Apr

My comments keep getting deleted but this is exactly what I mean. Why do …My comments keep getting deleted but this is exactly what I mean. Why do places like Belfast and Glasgow not have problems with youth acting like wannabe ghetto gangsters? Yes there is crime and gangs but the community would not tolerate youth acting and dressing like they were from an American ghetto so what is going on in London where this is acceptable?

I think what you will find is that in those places you mention there is a sense of community, what ever the reason. In London that does not exist, so you have a lot of different people with different views and attitudes all living and working together. They are not meeting on a "social level". What a kid down the road does or how it lives, is not in the mind of people 4 doors away.

Also it is just a small section of London.
Edited by: "groenleader" 3rd Apr
think it's down to the fact the police aren't allowed to do their job anymore without being accused of being biased. stop and search isn't being used anymore as they were accused of just stopping a minority group of people. hence young males are routinely carrying weapons as they know they're unlikely to get searched. when police try and stop them they flee on mopeds which aren't allowed to be chased incase one of them come off. what's the solution? who knows but we can't carry on like this
Edited by: "discozohan" 3rd Apr
groenleader3rd Apr

I think what you will find is that in those places you mention there is a …I think what you will find is that in those places you mention there is a sense of community, what ever the reason. In London that does not exist, so you have a lot of different people with different views and attitudes all living and working together. They are not meeting on a "social level". What a kid down the road does or how it lives, is not in the mind of people 4 doors away.Also it is just a small section of London.

Possibly but what is it about young white men from these areas where they behave and dress like someone from an American ghetto? This isn't normal identity for the majority of youth from this country so there must be something else going on surely
groenleader22 m ago

I think what you will find is that in those places you mention there is a …I think what you will find is that in those places you mention there is a sense of community, what ever the reason. In London that does not exist, so you have a lot of different people with different views and attitudes all living and working together. They are not meeting on a "social level". What a kid down the road does or how it lives, is not in the mind of people 4 doors away.Also it is just a small section of London.

I don't think that's true. I think they are just spoilt rotten in London. There's so much more to do and do many more opportunities they take the best and the take it all for granted. The rest of the country lives in total dark age deprivation in comparison. I don't know anywhere with this sense of community people bang on about.
.Yoshi.3rd Apr

My comments keep getting deleted but this is exactly what I mean. Why do …My comments keep getting deleted but this is exactly what I mean. Why do places like Belfast and Glasgow not have problems with youth acting like wannabe ghetto gangsters? Yes there is crime and gangs but the community would not tolerate youth acting and dressing like they were from an American ghetto so what is going on in London where this is acceptable?

I guess part of it harks back to the old saying of it takes a village to raise a child and in places like Belfast & Glasgow people aren't afraid of stepping up and calling out bad behaviour. In effect an area becomes self policing by the community itself.

I saw similar in Romania last year, when I saw my mate kick a young teenager up the butt. When I asked him why he did that he said it was for swearing around women, I was shocked but he said its normal, everyone has the responsibility raises kids around here.

Try that here and you would probably be charged with assault.
MSK.59 m ago

I don't think that's true. I think they are just spoilt rotten in London. …I don't think that's true. I think they are just spoilt rotten in London. There's so much more to do and do many more opportunities they take the best and the take it all for granted. The rest of the country lives in total dark age deprivation in comparison. I don't know anywhere with this sense of community people bang on about.

A lot of these kids have died or had acid thrown in their faces in pretty grim locations, Newham, Tottenham, etc. While there are some nice developments these places have a lot of people stuck in the cycle of deprivation rather than on the up.
From my experience if young offenders were made to wear GPS tags for say 3 months for a first brush with the law, doubling everytime it would make commiting crime alot more difficult, along with either community service orders or fines that have some relevance to cost of policing. Until crime doesn' pay for these people then why are they going to stop.
discozohan3rd Apr

think it's down to the fact the police aren't allowed to do their job …think it's down to the fact the police aren't allowed to do their job anymore without being accused of being biased. stop and search isn't being used anymore as they were accused of just stopping a minority group of people. hence young males are routinely carrying weapons as they know they're unlikely to get searched. when police try and stop them they flee on mopeds which aren't allowed to be chased incase one of them come off. what's the solution? who knows but we can't carry on like this

Don't worry it will get better. Oh bbc.co.uk/new…080

Oh dear
gizmodo.com/you…727
deleted1315437
Update: Another two murders confirmed. One youngster and a middle aged gentleman.
This has always happened, particularly in London, but now media realise it can attract clicks so they suddenly care, gtfo.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions