Expired

Teenage high sleeper with storage, please help me find one!!

Found 11th Mar 2009
A while ago i saw a metal high sleeper with a metal locker underneath as storage i think it was from Littlewoods (no too sure though) my son wanted this one but i can't find it. I have been looking everywhere for something similar but alas no joy. I need help in finding something modern and for a teenage boy!!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

23 Comments

I got my daughter one of these a few years ago... be warned they creak like mad, doesn't matter how much you spend, they just do.. and when my daughter got to 14 she was too big for it, and she was a size 10 at 14, so not heavy.

ChipSticks;4615559

I got my daughter one of these a few years ago... be warned they creak … I got my daughter one of these a few years ago... be warned they creak like mad, doesn't matter how much you spend, they just do.. and when my daughter got to 14 she was too big for it, and she was a size 10 at 14, so not heavy.

agree with you there, my son had one for about a year, it creaked something terrible and he found it very uncomfortable, so we got rid.

Ikea have some decent ones but are very, very high, some are only suited to old houses with high ceilings.

Banned

got mine from mfi 10 years ago, and it is solid, it has never creaked and did my daughter till she was 14, now been taken down and put in my sons room, was about £400 mind but still going strong after 10 years

bitseylango;4615582

agree with you there, my son had one for about a year, it creaked … agree with you there, my son had one for about a year, it creaked something terrible and he found it very uncomfortable, so we got rid.Ikea have some decent ones but are very, very high, some are only suited to old houses with high ceilings.

Yeah, my friend had one from there and her daughter couldn't even sit up in bed... lol

She soon got rid.

sassie;4615622

got mine from mfi 10 years ago, and it is solid, it has never creaked and … got mine from mfi 10 years ago, and it is solid, it has never creaked and did my daughter till she was 14, now been taken down and put in my sons room, was about £400 mind but still going strong after 10 years

Ah, my daughters was about £200, maybe you have to really spend a lot to get a decent one.

Original Poster

I don't mind about the cost ( got some money for once) but any suggestions would help.
Thank you all for the comments they are all noted so i can tell my son, but i still need a bed with lots of storage.

:thumbsup:

Banned

ChipSticks;4615626

Yeah, my friend had one from there and her daughter couldn't even sit up … Yeah, my friend had one from there and her daughter couldn't even sit up in bed... lolShe soon got rid.Ah, my daughters was about £200, maybe you have to really spend a lot to get a decent one.

the one we got is thick solid wood, must admit it is rather chunky, we got bed, under desk, underbed bookshelf with drawers, a wardrobe and another chest with shelves and drawers, came to about £700, daughter grew out of it and it really is far to big for my sons room but couldnt throw a perfectly good solid bed, so he now has it

Original Poster

Where did you get it from Sassie? Urgently need a decent bed.

Banned

i got it from mfi, but dont know if mfi still about, and also it was like 10 yrs ago

Banned

item number 140305761929 is exact same bed, they are solid beds, i had a different package so cam with different furniture but the bed is the same

Original Poster

Where from? MFI is in administration.

When you say 'money' how much you mean? :giggle:

]http//ww…gle

Banned

ooops sorry its on ebay, item number 140305761929, trust me there wouldnt be a poblem taking down and putting back together again, mine ha been taken down to be moved rooms, have a look it maybe local to you

Banned

we searched high and low to find the one we got, as they where all pretty cack and flimsey till we came across the mfi one, even the expensive one (cant recall the name) where flimsey

Found it a bit cheaper here at £590

]http//ww…tml

Original Poster

I need one with LOADS of storage. The room is very small.

Original Poster

I will show my son them tomorrow but he desperately wanted the one with the metal locker underneath, looks like i need a compromise... lol. What i says goes (not!!)

Original Poster

If anybody has any suggestions i would really appreciate them so please feel free to drop some links.
:thumbsup:

Original Poster

does anybody know where i can get one with the metal locker underneath? Or anything similar if all else fails then he will need to think about the other ones i will show him but the help is still needed. :thumbsup:

We got one from STOMPA, expensive but very solidly made. Got a desk underneath, a chest of drawers and a seat that doubles as a spare bed (which has come in very handy for sleepovers).

We got it when he was 5 (even though it was a teenage bed) and he's 9 now with plenty of growth left in it. Good job we've got high ceilings though!

You can often pick them up from Ebay for a fraction of their original cost. Have a look

Its the same as this one:

bedzrus.co.uk/car…427

Original Poster

I would love that one for him KazzyD but he needs a chest of drawers also, i will look at the rest of the sight too. I love Stompa beds...:-D

Original Poster

The Ex Display Stompa Uno Highsleeper looks ideal but it's collection only, boohoo..............

sassie;4615622

got mine from mfi 10 years ago, and it is solid, it has never creaked and … got mine from mfi 10 years ago, and it is solid, it has never creaked and did my daughter till she was 14, now been taken down and put in my sons room, was about £400 mind but still going strong after 10 years

sassie;4615807

the one we got is thick solid wood, must admit it is rather chunky, we … the one we got is thick solid wood, must admit it is rather chunky, we got bed, under desk, underbed bookshelf with drawers, a wardrobe and another chest with shelves and drawers, came to about £700, daughter grew out of it and it really is far to big for my sons room but couldnt throw a perfectly good solid bed, so he now has it

Ahhh. I was on about the metal ones, they creak like mad, wood ones are always fine, don't need to spend loads on a wood ones to avoid creaking
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604833
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3593
    3. black friday dates for halfords11
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…66

See more discussions