Tefal Actifry: opinions wanted

13 replies
Found 23rd Apr 2008
Right, so the people who have one - what do you think? Is it sitting in the back of a cupboard now?

Here's a link if you don't know what it is:
amazon.co.uk/Tef…UOE

13 Comments

looks brill to me!

I have one bought it just after Xmas off eBay,my partners Mum give us £25 so not so bad,as she sucks at shopping at Xmas,despite having a car,yeh same excuse every yr.
I would def buy 1 they so good. I hear Costco and Makro do them cheaper at times but all depends if you got a card for there,hence we haven't and cheapest to go to eBay.

Original Poster

I've being mulling this over since last year, but I feel so conflicted. I keep thinking its a £100 for a glorified deep fat fryer. But then I think if it makes good food (chips mainly lol) I could save a small fortune not going out.

It comes with a little scoop,and you hardly use any oil compared to like a regular deep fat fryer,its safer if you got children about,and you not going get any chip pan fires!

You can't smell them cooking,we never had a fat fryer before but would fry some in a pan and the oil be spitting allover and then you got all the cleaning of the top of your stoves to do.

I'm really glad we bought it and I'm not usually one for such fads,like the microwave broke down last yr and i didn't bother to replace this time cos could do without.

Original Poster

Mum2Connor&Cerys;1955511

It comes with a little scoop,and you hardly use any oil compared to like … It comes with a little scoop,and you hardly use any oil compared to like a regular deep fat fryer,its safer if you got children about,and you not going get any chip pan fires!You can't smell them cooking,we never had a fat fryer before but would fry some in a pan and the oil be spitting allover and then you got all the cleaning of the top of your stoves to do.I'm really glad we bought it and I'm not usually one for such fads,like the microwave broke down last yr and i didn't bother to replace this time cos could do without.

Mum2 thanks for the input, you are convincing me
I am leaning toward joining up to Costco - £20 for membership - but I can take it back in the first few weeks if I don't like it as they have a no quible refund.

I had chips earlier,if you posted earlier,I'd posted up the pic of my dinner lol.

You save tons on oil,and supposedly they better for you healthwise.

Incase you do go eBay route,I bought from the seller called openall24,they not got anything on for sale at moment,but last time they were on for £106.45 plus £12.99 postage.

We have one, really great chips, biggest drawback not very big if you have a reasonable size family. Will get two adults + two smallish children. and they do take quite a while. But taste great!

I personlly don't like the way it does chips - they just don't taste right IMHO it's like grilling your chips! - it does do sausages and chops nicely though.

I've started going back to the deep fat fryer to do chips.

love it made my first batch of gorgeous chips in it tonight!
you could alway go to littlewoods direct(not littlewoods - more expensive) and use the xx701 code for 20 or 10% and xx335 for buy now pay april 09!

Banned

Surely chips will not taste like they have been fried? i'd imagine they'd taste more like oven chips which are pre-coated with a thin layer of oil.

Banned

This amazon comment puts me right off:-

The chips really do taste like they have been deep fried and take about 40 minutes to cook.

40 minutes!!!

The whole point of a fryer is if you want some chips then you can have some in 7-8 minutes from turning the fryer on. I'd have lost my hunger after a 40 minute wait lol.

CSIMAN - i'd have to agree with the Amazon comment - chips don't turn out nice - as i mentioned earlier in the thread , it's like grilling your chips, and it does take a long time too.
On the other handfood that you'd normally grill turns out really nice - sausages etc - we did some ribs in ours the other day - took about the same amount of time as under the grill, maybe a little less, and they were evenly cooked all over. So I think it's swings and roundabouts - if you're after super healthy chips - it's great, if you're after chips that taste like chips - it's not!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition72793
    2. Win Google Pixel 2 or a Google Pixel 2 XL11
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…66
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines54

See more discussions