Groups
    EXPIRED

Telephone Line installed??

I have jsut taken over a unit and need a line running in (literally 5 mtrs), but havespoken to TalkTalk and they recommended Post Office!?! Unfortunately, they won't install as it's not residentioal.......does this just leave me with BT? I did see an offer for BT line installation the other day but can't find it now....anybody know any others / location of that one!?

Thanks very muchly

Craigster

5 Comments

Let me get this straight..

You already have a line but just need it extending?

You just need the line turning on?

Or you need a whole new line putting in?

If its just extending, buy and extension reel for a couple of quid and tack it around the wall, 5second job.

Original Poster

No, it's a new line.....sorry, The main DP (tel box) is 5 metres away from my unit....so it'll need installing, and activating with a tel no etc.

Ahh I seeee.

Right short of it is BT whole sale usally own all the boxes so its usually down to them.

However if you go through this company here ] Utility Warehouse they can install lines quite a bit cheaper than BT, yet they still use BT engineers (go figure)

Although another thought is what about a Mobile contract ? Do you need Broadband or fax facility or just the phone.

If its just phone and Broadband, you may find a reasonable Mobile contract that encorporates both, remember whatever or whoever fits the line your gonna have to pay £9.99 line rental every month + calls and Broadband, whereas a Mobile contract you could get all that rolled in for near enough the same price if not a damn site cheaper.

Original Poster

Celticsun;2496488

Ahh I seeee.Right short of it is BT whole sale usally own all the boxes … Ahh I seeee.Right short of it is BT whole sale usally own all the boxes so its usually down to them.However if you go through this company here ] Utility Warehouse they can install lines quite a bit cheaper than BT, yet they still use BT engineers (go figure)Although another thought is what about a Mobile contract ?

I already have a mobile (02), but it doesn't get service.......;-) v. handy. I may end up redirecting my business no (02 one) to a payg phone that has service and using it purely there......
    But then i have no fax.......and i'll need to "loan" someones internet.....aaarggghhh

we had similar problems at our workplace, the people before ran up a huge bill and bt were being a nightmare about it so we just got a good mobile deal with vodaphone and got there mobile broadband ,... its worked well so far and is really quick and easy to use, it costs about £25 a month for both phone and internet but i can use it everwhere!:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iptv918
      2. Wireless Earphones for Running56
      3. Wifi extender1218
      4. Looking for Missguided unidays code plz11

See more discussions