Teletext holidays... experiences?

Found 28th Jun 2010
Am looking at holidays to Morocco... Went to the normal sites, lastminute, thomascook, thomson, first choice and then looked at Teletext. It's coming out at about £500 less than all the others?! Is this just because they're not well known brands or are they genuinely just rubbish holidays?!
For example: 14 nights at the end of August 5* AI from London to Agadir is around £600 from Teletext (Purple Holidays or Low Deposit Holidays) yet the same is costing around £1000 from Thomas Cook, and they don't even have 5* hotels on there?! Presumably Teletext don't include the cost of transfers but even with that added on it's not that much more!!
Anyone used Teletext before and got any experiences they can share?

1. Misc
  2. Holiday
3 Comments

I went to Agadir on holiday about 9 years ago. Picked up a bargain from teletext. (sorry can't remember the page or hotel name!)
The hotel was quite nice, but I didn't particular like the holiday. The locals weren't particularly friendly in the street and we were constantly hassled by street traders and the occasional beggar. Some were quite aggressive. I was warned that my partner may attract some attention (blonde) from people and she sometimes felt uncomfortable.
I only went for 7 days and ended up staying in the hotel complex most of the holiday although I did venture out a couple of evenings and sample some local restaurants which were quite nice.
I'm sure many others have enjoyed it there, but I wouldn't rush back!

Original Poster

BlueMG;8935271

I went to Agadir on holiday about 9 years ago. Picked up a bargain from … I went to Agadir on holiday about 9 years ago. Picked up a bargain from teletext. (sorry can't remember the page or hotel name!)The hotel was quite nice, but I didn't particular like the holiday. The locals weren't particularly friendly in the street and we were constantly hassled by street traders and the occasional beggar. Some were quite aggressive. I was warned that my partner may attract some attention (blonde) from people and she sometimes felt uncomfortable.I only went for 7 days and ended up staying in the hotel complex most of the holiday although I did venture out a couple of evenings and sample some local restaurants which were quite nice. I'm sure many others have enjoyed it there, but I wouldn't rush back!

Thank you! Is it the same in Marrakech? Will no doubt go there (much hotter!) but used Agadir just as a quick comparison between the two sites. I went to Egpyt (Luxor), and all the locals were trying to stroke my hair so I know what you mean about feeling uncomfortable!

I'm not sure but hopefully I'll find out soon! I posted this competition yesterday. Its worth a go. You never know you could be trying them both this year!

Good Luck!

]http//ww…wo-
Post a comment
@
    Text