Groups

Tell me your imaginary or best GAMING set-ups for under £300!!

TITLE.
    Remember under £300

20 Comments

an xbox and a playstation

NB suggestions may not be imaginary

an xbox 360

19 inch tv

copy of black ops

Banned

snes, genisis, dreamcast, n64, ps1, ps2

a load of games for each console all accessories and a 26" flat screen CRT

dj_urban

snes, genisis, dreamcast, n64, ps1, ps2 a load of games for each console … snes, genisis, dreamcast, n64, ps1, ps2 a load of games for each console all accessories and a 26" flat screen CRT

great suggestion

you could just get the N64 though and have

Best games of each genre ever made

RPG: Zelda
    PLATFORM: Super Mario
    FPS: Goldeneye
    RACING: Mario Kart

NB suggestion may not include all genres

Original Poster

true. lol.
    I meant PC set-ups

£230 Second hand Laptop
    360 Pad
    £50 speakers
    Emulators

I have 2 snes's. Best games console ever for me. Can't beat Super Mario allstars with S. Mario world. And Donkey Kong. Still great games even now. They were when games were about playability. Loved it.

£100 monitor, xbox slim, fifa and maybe 6300 MSP for arcade titles...

Original Poster

Okay, id get a XBOX slim and selotape a PS2 on the side.
    And get FF7 for the PS2 and Gears of war 1 for the 360 :P

Flobble what are they are trying to say in their round-a-bout way is that your unlikely to get a decent gaming rig under £300 or if you do you wont be able to play things at full spec, which ultimately will make you sad and wish you had saved more.

Original Poster

Ah, not true. I have already made a fully fledged pc, plays bad company 2 high settings at 1080p on a 32" tv with high fps

Banned

FlobbleBelly

Ah, not true. I have already made a fully fledged pc, plays bad company 2 … Ah, not true. I have already made a fully fledged pc, plays bad company 2 high settings at 1080p on a 32" tv with high fps

you have a pc that plays BC2 on high and your playing on a tv? lol no pc that can play bc2 with 1080p should be played on a TV it makes things look horrid

Original Poster

Xbox 360's and PS3's play on Tvs at 720p and they look good? Why is a pc any different with an even better resolution?

impossible, although I am "guessing" you didnt pay for windows? Even if you went with Home Basic OEM version of Windows 7 then it is £70, meaning your budget is now £230.

Cheapest Core 2 Duo: £80
    Cheapest Socket 775 mobo: £180
    Budget gone and you haven't got RAM, graphics, disk, case, DVD ROM etc etc

These prices may be beaten, give or take a few quid, but the equipment above is the "recommended system requirements" for bf bad company 2

Original Poster

Okay feel free to take notes
    PATRIOT SIGNATURE 4GB DDR3 1333 CL9 D/C MEMORY KIT 36.00
    MSI 870A-G54 AM3 GAMING SERIES 49.99
    Phenom ii 840x4 65.00
    RADEON 4870 512MB 40
    250GB HDD 25
    CASE 20
    Windows 7 professional 64bit Student edition £39.99
    ASUS WIRELESS CARD 17.99

£293.97!!!!!
    Thank you very much

Half of the items i bought from Ebay buy it now sellers.
    Its worth doing some research.
    That mobo is one of the most recommended gaming boards too (future proof) Cant complain for a gamer on a budget since i am just a student lol
    Edited by: "FlobbleBelly" 15th Jun 2011

FlobbleBelly

Okay feel free to take notes :)PATRIOT SIGNATURE 4GB DDR3 1333 CL9 D/C … Okay feel free to take notes :)PATRIOT SIGNATURE 4GB DDR3 1333 CL9 D/C MEMORY KIT 36.00MSI 870A-G54 AM3 GAMING SERIES 49.99Phenom ii 840x4 65.00RADEON 4870 512MB 40250GB HDD 25CASE 20Windows 7 professional 64bit Student edition £39.99ASUS WIRELESS CARD 17.99£293.97!!!!!Thank you very much :)Half of the items i bought from Ebay buy it now sellers. Its worth doing some research.That mobo is one of the most recommended gaming boards too (future proof) Cant complain for a gamer on a budget since i am just a student lol

Nice screen with that

Original Poster

tomwatts

Nice screen with that

Nah i just used my tv.lol

tomwatts

Nice screen with that

The lack of power supply is also a minor concern

for under £300 it would be imaginary

Original Poster

oh yes. I wondered why it didn't turn on.lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Free Codes from EGX66
      2. One for the mathmeticians1828
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767422
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2645

See more discussions