Groups

Temp Car Insurance

Good Evening All,

Just a little question. Im looking for temp cover whilst our other car is off the road.

If i "Tempcover" my car for 1 month it will cost more than a years full insurance. Do you think I could insure my car for the year and cancel before the 14 days?

It could save me a small fortune...

9 Comments

If you already have motor insurance then many places will provide you with temp cover for free if you already have your motor insurance with them.

The vehicle that you are looking to get temp cover on must not already be insured elsewhere by someone else as its against the law to insure it twice by 2 different people.

If the temp vehicle is already insured by another person then I'd imagine you'd have to get them to add you to their policy as an additional driver.

Original Poster

We recently bought a new car which is in the garage, our old car which isn't insured is just sat on the drive.

Our insurance will not insure the second vehicle as we are both under 25yrs.

cant you get weekly insurance, when my partner used my mums car to take her to the airport he got insured on her car for a few days and it wasnt that expensive.

spann3rs;8062348

We recently bought a new car which is in the garage, our old car which … We recently bought a new car which is in the garage, our old car which isn't insured is just sat on the drive. Our insurance will not insure the second vehicle as we are both under 25yrs.

Can you not ask them what the difference in cost would to do a change of vehicle to the old car instead and then change back, rather than insure both?

Original Poster

pink-ka;8062387

cant you get weekly insurance, when my partner used my mums car to take … cant you get weekly insurance, when my partner used my mums car to take her to the airport he got insured on her car for a few days and it wasnt that expensive.

Sorry, the quote I got was for 10 Days and it was over 200 quid. My premium for the year was less.

StevenA2000_uk;8062407

Can you not ask them what the difference in cost would to do a change of … Can you not ask them what the difference in cost would to do a change of vehicle to the old car instead and then change back, rather than insure both?

Thats a good option, might have to temp cover for 1 day for £25 as they are now shut...

Banned

most companies have a 28 day get out clause dont they?

i need insurance for 3 months and have taken out a 12 month policy, the percentage i have to pay will be covered by 3 months payments pretty much so is cheaper than taking out short term insurance which is extortionate

StevenA2000_uk;8062321

If you already have motor insurance then many places will provide you … If you already have motor insurance then many places will provide you with temp cover for free if you already have your motor insurance with them.The vehicle that you are looking to get temp cover on must not already be insured elsewhere by someone else as its against the law to insure it twice by 2 different people.If the temp vehicle is already insured by another person then I'd imagine you'd have to get them to add you to their policy as an additional driver.:)

This isn't true. You can use tempcover to insure yourself on someone elses car without affecting their policy.

Original Poster

Going to have to tempcover it for tomorrow as its late. Will call our insurance tomorrow and get them to change the car over... Thanks for all your input! Will Rep.

Don't forget quidco with tempcover.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheap Laptop?11
      2. Iphone 6 to which handset?712
      3. Second sky q mini box - can i buy from ebay?1015
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?22

See more discussions