Temporarily relocated due to work and need no contract Broadband

Posted 3rd Apr
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker and appreciator of the site. I'm at a bit of a quandary. I've temporarily moved into an apartment for the next few months as I work in a local hospital and now need a broadband connection. Everything I have seen for 'no contract' broadband includes a fairly pricey set-up fee, as well as inflated monthly bills. Does anyone know of any offers at the moment for NHS staff/Key workers in similar situations?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
how about a 1 month rolling sim contract with unlimited data.. could always stick in spare phone with hotspot on
15 Comments
how about a 1 month rolling sim contract with unlimited data.. could always stick in spare phone with hotspot on
I agree with Bargainhead.
Voxi £10 pm sim and R218h router
Get one of those voxi Sims, rolling monthly contract and a mifi device is another option.
Voxi (Voda) £10/m no contract no credit check unlimited everything. Marketed as 6GB data but Voxi doesn't meter, so it's unlimited until Voxi graduates counting college. Throw the SIM in even a lowly battered £10 Android handset and turn on hotspot. If you need ethernet / wired / gigabit, USB tether the handset to suitable router, example MO at hotukdeals.com/com…674
MR112303/04/2020 17:56

Get one of those voxi Sims, rolling monthly contract and a mifi device is …Get one of those voxi Sims, rolling monthly contract and a mifi device is another option.

Voxi is (sadly) not even a contract.
What about the three 24 month unlimeted everythjng for 12 pound per month after cashback.

I.e. thether from your mobile for internet. And cancel discard your old mobile contract

hotukdeals.com/dea…422
Yep definitely go the Voxi route and even consider buying a cheap 4g router if you don't have a spare phone to tether.
I've been using this method since August 2019 with a Huawei B525 router, It's saved me a fortune!
A shame to waste the unlimited calls and texts on Voxi , why not stick sim in a phone and tether?
yorkie1203/04/2020 18:35

A shame to waste the unlimited calls and texts on Voxi , why not stick sim …A shame to waste the unlimited calls and texts on Voxi , why not stick sim in a phone and tether?

My router I mentioned above has a rj11 phone socket on the rear that allows me to plug my house phone in and make & receive phone calls through the sims inclusive minutes, It can also send and receive text messages through the Huawei app.
Also by using a dedicated router the wifi and signal coverage is way better than a tethered phone.
Edited by: "PaulandPam" 3rd Apr
Thank you everyone, this is a great help!
PaulandPam03/04/2020 18:43

My router I mentioned above has a rj11 phone socket on the rear that …My router I mentioned above has a rj11 phone socket on the rear that allows me to plug my house phone in and make & receive phone calls through the sims inclusive minutes, It can also send and receive text messages through the Huawei app.Also by using a dedicated router the wifi and signal coverage is way better than a tethered phone.

If you don't mind me asking, what type of speeds do you get?
Sammy4403/04/2020 22:05

If you don't mind me asking, what type of speeds do you get?

If I put my Three unlimited sim in the router I get 5 bars of signal and the most crappiest speeds of sometimes less than 0.5Mbps but that's Three's network throttling.
When I use my Voxi (Vodafone) sim I only have a week 3 bar signal but my speeds are miles better than crappy Three's and it often peaks 25Mbps on Voxi.
Knock on your neighbours door & ask to piggyback on theirs & pay the £10 per month.
If you are in an apartment. As a key worker, have you considered asking neighbours to piggy back on their Wi-Fi?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions