Temporary contract ending soon

9 replies
Found 2nd Sep 2016
Hello guys,

Just a quick query, a friend of mine has her temporary contract (3 months) ending in about a week's time.

She has not been given a new contract or her line manager has not said anything about changes in her employment contract.
Oddly her line manager who hired her in the first place has left the company today.

What should she do now? Leave the company when the contract ends or speak to her new line manager. Any suggestion?

9 Comments

Does she want to stay?

If so, talk to her new boss, if not then leave...?

Well, speak to the management obviously. If she's still happy there and wants to continue. There's really nothing else they can do

If she can't work out herself what to do then I doubt the company will be too worried if she leaves!

Banned

Who pays her?

An agency or the company she works at?

speak to the new manager to see if there is an offer of a new contract.

I don't think I would say anything if she want to continue to get paid

Original Poster

cdm22

If she can't work out herself what to do then I doubt the company will be … If she can't work out herself what to do then I doubt the company will be too worried if she leaves!

the problem is she does not really want to stay,, but she doesn't know what would be the nice way of letting her new boss know her contract is up.

Really? How about just sayin my contract ends on xx.xx.xx I have enjoyed my time here and good bye

Banned

markda2000

Really? How about just sayin my contract ends on xx.xx.xx I have enjoyed … Really? How about just sayin my contract ends on xx.xx.xx I have enjoyed my time here and good bye

Plus "if you want I can give you a weeks notice to help you out?"

Job done.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions