Temporary Text Message Sites?

Posted 4th Oct
Is there a website that allows you to use a temporary cell phone number, for when you join a club/service/website as a new member, so you don't have to use your real one?

Similar to temporary email sites, but for text messages.

Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deals6904/10/2019 16:32

What if you need an activation code?

Yup my theory falls down there .
8 Comments
I have seen a few but they only have around 5 numbers therefore most already have accounts that are linked to them
Just make one up (or swap your last two numbers around ) if you are bothered about spam texts and calls . I always do that when doing insurance comparisons to save being rude to the inevitable "Follow up " calls .

Sorry to whoever has got the fairly similar number to mine that I use .
Edited by: "rogparki" 4th Oct
deleted90213904/10/2019 16:27

Just make one up (or swap your last two numbers around ) if you are …Just make one up (or swap your last two numbers around ) if you are bothered about spam texts and calls . I always do that when doing insurance comparisons to save being rude to the inevitable "Follow up " calls . Sorry to whoever has got the fairly similar number to mine that I use .

deals6904/10/2019 16:32

Yup my theory falls down there .
Thank you for the replies.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that the text message would contain an activation link.
You could get banned for using these sites. I got banned from the Caffè Nero app for doing this.
Edited by: "MadeDixonsCry" 4th Oct
Order a free PAYG sim from any of the big networks... takes 2 days to come mostly. Use that as your temporary number. I have a backup number for anything/anybody that isn't family or friends.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants