Found 26th Aug 2009
i'm off to tenby with the kids in the search of adventure so i'm after information on anything from the tenby area, especially good crabbing spots, rock pools, caves that have good access (wheelchair user), i've bought a lobster pot,so any tips would be gratefully received, also good pubs that are children friendly with good access again, must serve great food and ale.

cheers.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

could go visit Laughne Park - Dylan Thomas Boat House, pretty lttle village also theres Oakwood not too far for the kids, I hope you have nice weather Wales is a beautiful place especially when the sun shines

Original Poster

oakwood looks good, Dylan Thomas Boat House is not unsuitable for wheelchair access, but thanks for the reply.

Original Poster

anybody

I live just outside Tenby. The Buckaneer pub is really nice for food and its right in town, Tenby house is opposite and has a larger outdoor seating area and more tables so that might be a better option if its busy. It's also better for the wheelchair as you can get in by using the side enterance which has no steps. As for the beach, not very good for rock pools or caves tho.

Original Poster

thanks for the reply beverley,rep added. what about the surrounding coastline, is there any where else that would allow the kids to explore rocks pools etc.
cheers

beverley1403;6127140

I live just outside Tenby. The Buckaneer pub is really nice for food and … I live just outside Tenby. The Buckaneer pub is really nice for food and its right in town, Tenby house is opposite and has a larger outdoor seating area and more tables so that might be a better option if its busy. It's also better for the wheelchair as you can get in by using the side enterance which has no steps. As for the beach, not very good for rock pools or caves tho.

Not good for caves?

I was there last week and it was raining so spent monst of the time in the caves keeping dry

Original Poster

DAMNOME;6128432

Blue Lagoon next to oakwood is greathttp://www.bluelagoonwales.com/

thank you

solarforce;6128385

thanks for the reply beverley,rep added. what about the surrounding … thanks for the reply beverley,rep added. what about the surrounding coastline, is there any where else that would allow the kids to explore rocks pools etc.cheers

Freshwater East would be good for that, they have just finished filming the new Harry Potter and Robin Hood films there. Its a really long beach and it gets a bit windy so there are usually surfers there. Its a few miles out of Tenby tho.
Freshwater West is a smaller beach with rockpools, it also has a nice pub called the Longhouse which has nice food, outdoor seating and a pool table.

DAMNOME;6128474

Not good for caves?I was there last week and it was raining so spent … Not good for caves?I was there last week and it was raining so spent monst of the time in the caves keeping dry

They are not really caves for kids to go exploring in tho are they? I could be wrong tho!

Original Poster

beverley1403;6134316

Freshwater East would be good for that, they have just finished filming … Freshwater East would be good for that, they have just finished filming the new Harry Potter and Robin Hood films there. Its a really long beach and it gets a bit windy so there are usually surfers there. Its a few miles out of Tenby tho.Freshwater West is a smaller beach with rockpools, it also has a nice pub called the Longhouse which has nice food, outdoor seating and a pool table.

:thumbsup:

Original Poster

beverley1403;6134334

They are not really caves for kids to go exploring in tho are they? I … They are not really caves for kids to go exploring in tho are they? I could be wrong tho!

cheers beverley will have a look anyway
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226648
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769489
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2557
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522871

See more discussions