Tenerife playa de las americas?

30 replies
Found 1st Jun 2010
Going here very soon for the first time does any body have any tips, advice, places to go, things to do, good bars with entertainment or music, good websites with info etc.

we normaly do a boat trip, jeep trip, night out with meal and this time we want to see loro park. does any body know rough prices (seen a few online are these the same as there?) or new trip ideas water sports are a no with my partner. We do enjoy trips etc

thanks for any help

30 Comments

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tou…tml

Tripadvisor has loads of info, very good site which relies on everybody contributing. Have a nice holiday

Most of the places are nice. Just stay away from scratch card people. I recommend the bars and cafes along the beach at playa fanabe, espcially otellos (garlic chicken). Yum.

Original Poster

Latinosharkey;8739225

Most of the places are nice. Just stay away from scratch card people. I … Most of the places are nice. Just stay away from scratch card people. I recommend the bars and cafes along the beach at playa fanabe, espcially otellos (garlic chicken). Yum.

Thanks for the advice

What are scratch card people?

Original Poster

Benson's Bargain;8739014

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g562820-Playa_de_las_Americas_Tenerife_Canary_Islands-Vacations.htmlTripadvisor has loads of info, very good site which relies on everybody contributing. Have a nice holiday

I used trip advicer for hotel reviews did not look at the full extent of the site so thanks rep added

chris3349;8739849

Thanks for the advice What are scratch card people?

people on the street give you them, your garenteed to win something big. They take you to a time share place and try to make you buy.

Stay away from the blokes offering sun glasses and watches. They annoyed the crap out of me during my stay but I guess you get used to them. They peddle the beach by day, then outside all the shops and restaurants at night.

Apart from that, you'll have an awesome time! Siam park and the boat trips to Los Gigantes are great!

Day time is fine!

Watch your pockets at night and learn to be rude to people pestering you to enter bars or sell you stuff at night time!

Original Poster

Latinosharkey;8740237

people on the street give you them, your garenteed to win something big. … people on the street give you them, your garenteed to win something big. They take you to a time share place and try to make you buy.

thanks did not know this

Original Poster

nickw90;8740263

Stay away from the blokes offering sun glasses and watches. They annoyed … Stay away from the blokes offering sun glasses and watches. They annoyed the crap out of me during my stay but I guess you get used to them. They peddle the beach by day, then outside all the shops and restaurants at night. Apart from that, you'll have an awesome time! Siam park and the boat trips to Los Gigantes are great!

thanks will watch out and look for them boat trips do you or does anybody know rough trip prices

p.s rep added

Original Poster

Cos2k3;8741003

Day time is fine! Watch your pockets at night and learn to be rude to … Day time is fine! Watch your pockets at night and learn to be rude to people pestering you to enter bars or sell you stuff at night time!

thanks added rep will watch out

just one more question as i went to turkey last year and you had to barter on prices is it the same here?

i got back from tenerife in april the scratch card people werent there but the looky looky men were (sunglasses sellers) also asked us if we wanted to buy some cocaine :O definately go to siam park

Siam Park, Mount Teide, And Los Gigantes are alll Good. I am going to Tenerife again In August.

Banned

would never dream of going to playa again. the amount of hassle you get walking along the prom from chavs selling scratchies, african immigrants selling t-shirts, fake gold etc was so annoying.

I'm off to Costa Adeje in a few weeks, cant wait

Benson's Bargain;8739014

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g562820-Playa_de_las_Americas_Tenerife_Canary_Islands-Vacations.htmlTripadvisor has loads of info, very good site which relies on everybody contributing. Have a nice holiday

I'd take some of the info on trip advisor with a huge pinch of salt, its not that accurate. Especially if the reviews are made by american tourists.

Whats that Sea World place in Tenerife called - and is it any good ?

Original Poster

csiman;8743370

would never dream of going to playa again. the amount of hassle you get … would never dream of going to playa again. the amount of hassle you get walking along the prom from chavs selling scratchies, african immigrants selling t-shirts, fake gold etc was so annoying.

to late now any advice apart from avoid these sellers any good bars etc

Original Poster

DKLS;8743702

I'd take some of the info on trip advisor with a huge pinch of salt, its … I'd take some of the info on trip advisor with a huge pinch of salt, its not that accurate. Especially if the reviews are made by american tourists.

will do

Original Poster

ChrisUK;8743705

Whats that Sea World place in Tenerife called - and is it any good ?

loro park and heard its very good

chris3349;8744738

loro park and heard its very good

64 Euro's for 2 people - looks good though !

English version

loroparque.com/en/…asp

ChrisUK;8743682

I'm off to Costa Adeje in a few weeks, cant wait

i went to costa adeje in april going back there in september.....cant wait

Original Poster

ChrisUK;8745493

Found this site (need to specify day … Found this site (need to specify day though)http://www.attractiontix.co.uk/attraction-ticket-details.asp?ID=83303&Name=Loro%20Parque%201%20Day%20Ticket&rp=aw

looks cheap £25 thanks rep added

[COLOR="Blue"]does anybody know how much a taxi is from pdla or is it cheaper to book a trip with bus there including the entrance fee[/COLOR]

We were there a year ago this month - and had a great time. We bought all our tickets for the parks etc in Los Cristianos (is that spelt right!) as much cheaper - your hotel will try flog u these tickets making out they are saving u loads of money but they are not.

I actually had one of the best days ever at that Siam Park - was absolutely fantastic and loads of free buses run picking you up and taking u to the park - and back again. Never had so many wedges in my life haha! But went on everything. If your like me - and a big scardey cat, just grin and bare it as you will have so much fun on them rides! Go early though as by lunch time the park is heaving

We also went parascending at Los Cristianos, was quite pricey for the two of (going up together). Think the cost was 80 euros for the two of us but that included a ride on that mental banana boat!!!

We loved it......but yes like a lot of posters have said, the street pedlars are so insistent, and one even followed us for a good 20 mins cause my plonker of a husband stopped to have a look:lol:

You will have fantastic weather,, but its not as cheap as it used to be, but then not many places are:thumbsup:

Original Poster

bossyboots;8746606

We were there a year ago this month - and had a great time. We bought … We were there a year ago this month - and had a great time. We bought all our tickets for the parks etc in Los Cristianos (is that spelt right!) as much cheaper - your hotel will try flog u these tickets making out they are saving u loads of money but they are not.I actually had one of the best days ever at that Siam Park - was absolutely fantastic and loads of free buses run picking you up and taking u to the park - and back again. Never had so many wedges in my life haha! But went on everything. If your like me - and a big scardey cat, just grin and bare it as you will have so much fun on them rides! Go early though as by lunch time the park is heavingWe also went parascending at Los Cristianos, was quite pricey for the two of (going up together). Think the cost was 80 euros for the two of us but that included a ride on that mental banana boat!!!We loved it......but yes like a lot of posters have said, the street pedlars are so insistent, and one even followed us for a good 20 mins cause my plonker of a husband stopped to have a look:lol:You will have fantastic weather,, but its not as cheap as it used to be, but then not many places are:thumbsup:

thanks rep added

why did you buy in Los Cristianos did you stop there as i would not buy from the hotel as have seen before that these are more expensive but could i buy in playa de las americas as not as far to compain if bus does not show etc (had this problem in turkey)

chris3349;8746674

thanks rep addedwhy did you buy in Los Cristianos did you stop there as i … thanks rep addedwhy did you buy in Los Cristianos did you stop there as i would not buy from the hotel as have seen before that these are more expensive but could i buy in playa de las americas as not as far to compain if bus does not show etc (had this problem in turkey)

Hi Chris, we just happened tobe at Los Cristionos that day and the guys selling the tickets were much cheaper. There are plenty of buses going to Siam Park - loads, so dont worry about a bus not showing up!!

Original Poster

bossyboots;8746979

Hi Chris, we just happened tobe at Los Cristionos that day and the guys … Hi Chris, we just happened tobe at Los Cristionos that day and the guys selling the tickets were much cheaper. There are plenty of buses going to Siam Park - loads, so dont worry about a bus not showing up!!

Thanks will have to go into los cristionos then for a day is there buses going there from playa de las americas do you know? or was it a taxi

chris3349;8747231

Thanks will have to go into los cristionos then for a day is there buses … Thanks will have to go into los cristionos then for a day is there buses going there from playa de las americas do you know? or was it a taxi

the bses run all over i stayed in costa adeje and got a free bus to siam park:thumbsup:

Original Poster

jadey145;8748077

the bses run all over i stayed in costa adeje and got a free bus to siam … the bses run all over i stayed in costa adeje and got a free bus to siam park:thumbsup:

any to loro park do you or anybody know

Original Poster

ChrisUK;8745493

Found this site (need to specify day … Found this site (need to specify day though)http://www.attractiontix.co.uk/attraction-ticket-details.asp?ID=83303&Name=Loro%20Parque%201%20Day%20Ticket&rp=aw

Anybody know cheaper there from trip shops etc or book before i go
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66725
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions