Groups

tent help

Quick question ma kids want to go camping there is going to be 3 kids and 1 adult is there any tents out there that have 3 bedrooms that are easy to pitch up for 1 adult without screaming and kicking the tent thank you

16 Comments

Have a look at go outdoors, they have a sale on at the moment and all their tents should be straight forward to put up

If you can afford one, go for an inflatable one. Uses no poles and takes less than 2 mins to put up.
    I'd recommend Go Outdoors too.

if it's you first time have a look on Gumtree you can get a lot of decent kit cheap.. also if you have a garden try putting tent up out there and take time. involve the kids or get them to play a game while u struggle through. ..can you not invite anyone else maybe a friend with a kid? means u will have help..

dorset_taco

If you can afford one, go for an inflatable one. Uses no poles and takes … If you can afford one, go for an inflatable one. Uses no poles and takes less than 2 mins to put up.I'd recommend Go Outdoors too.

​The inflatable tents do look fantastic but have you seen the size and weight if them when packed away? They're huge.

Agree get the kids involved. Even if they can't do much, give them one part to and achieve. If they do nothing else, they will watch and absorb your skills, even if it drives you mad.

We donated most of out kit last year, mine are all now grown up but I cherish the fun we all had. The old bones won't even take to an air mattress now but the kids are still adventurous outdoor types, so it was well worth it

Khyam do "quick erect tents" - here's their own website for a browse. khyam.co.uk/sho…ct/
    If you like the look of them you can shop around for a deal. I've had a couple or three of them over the years and like them a lot.
    This site's good for info and opinions. ukcampsite.co.uk/

I recommend Quechua tents from Decathlon. Well made and really easy to put up and take down once you know the method.

Original Poster

Hey thank you for all your advise I really didn't know such thing as a air tent haha I think that's my best port of call there really expensive but such hassle free as my kids are lazy they would want to help but there mobiles and selfie pics would just get in the way lol and something will go wrong. I have been looking and I think I have found the cheapest I can find so far
    m.millets.co.uk/pro…360
    Way over my budget but hassle free says HELLO the reviews don't look bad on it and get 10% off haven't looked at topcash or quidco yet

Original Poster

£424.16 from ultimateoutdoors.com/basket what you guys think? And poss 6.06 cash back topcash
    Edited by: "bridtown" 6th Aug 2016

bridtown

£424.16 from http://www.ultimateoutdoors.com/basket what you guys think? … £424.16 from http://www.ultimateoutdoors.com/basket what you guys think? And poss 6.06 cash back topcash

​You linked to your basket, which doesn't work! Post a link to the products page!

Don't discount standard tents though, we have this for the 4 of us, it has 2 huge bedrooms which can both be divided into 4 smaller rooms, the centre is massive, we cook in the porch area, and it really is a doddle to put up, even on your own.

Original Poster

craigstephens

​You linked to your basket, which doesn't work! Post a link to the p … ​You linked to your basket, which doesn't work! Post a link to the products page!

Sorry ultimateoutdoors.com/equ…tml

Original Poster

craigstephens

Don't discount standard tents though, we have this for the 4 of us, it … Don't discount standard tents though, we have this for the 4 of us, it has 2 huge bedrooms which can both be divided into 4 smaller rooms, the centre is massive, we cook in the porch area, and it really is a doddle to put up, even on your own.

Thank you will have a look at the link just my experience a few years ago putting them up is a nightmare and that was with my ex on my own keep getting a vision of having no hair left lol

bridtown

Thank you will have a look at the link just my experience a few years ago … Thank you will have a look at the link just my experience a few years ago putting them up is a nightmare and that was with my ex on my own keep getting a vision of having no hair left lol

​Honestly, the one I linked to is a doddle to put up. The poles are all the same length so the only difference between it and the inflatable tents is the poles, you'll be doing the same pegging out for the rest of the job.

Original Poster

craigstephens

​Honestly, the one I linked to is a doddle to put up. The poles are all t … ​Honestly, the one I linked to is a doddle to put up. The poles are all the same length so the only difference between it and the inflatable tents is the poles, you'll be doing the same pegging out for the rest of the job.

Mmm I am swaying toward your tent lol have you noticed anyone selling a full setup on this site? Might go for a second hand one and get the extras

Sorry I haven't. but they'll be some on eBay, the older version is identical but is blue instead of green. To be honest £425 for the tent, porch, carpet an footprint is a bargain. We dot have the carpet or footprint but the porch makes a huge difference to how you use it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. FREE Odeon cinema ticket56
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553796
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047195
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814507

See more discussions