Groups

Terminally-ill boy, five, dies in Santa Claus' arms after fulfilling one last wish to see him

I thought I was tough till I read this :'(

"A terminally-ill five-year-old boy has died in Father Christmas's arms after having his final wish to see Santa Claus fulfilled. ... It was a nurse who worked at the hospital where Schmitt-Matzen, 60, often spreads joy and Christmas cheer said there was a 'very sick five-year-old boy' who wanted to see Santa Claus, Schmitt-Matzen told the Knoxville News Sentinel."

dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

(it's in a few tabloids not just the mail)

35 Comments

it's so sad I had a cry too. if only we lived in a world without cancer. Especially children it must be the worst thing ever. I recently followed a girls story she had neuroblastoma cancer and passed away. These story's are so upsetting. x :-(

Very sad indeed :(.

I've been scrolling past this story all day. Can't bring myself to read it.

Life is s#!t sometimes. But thankfully rarely.

I hope he had a smile on his face at the end.

Aiden1512

I've been scrolling past this story all day. Can't bring myself to read … I've been scrolling past this story all day. Can't bring myself to read it.

+1

so so sad

Original Poster

Aiden1512

I've been scrolling past this story all day. Can't bring myself to read … I've been scrolling past this story all day. Can't bring myself to read it.

​ive been moping around all day moaning to myself about aches and pains then read the story, certainly put paid to my problems. I guess he went with a huge smile on his face even with all the pain and misery the illness brought, just wrong time of year but when is a good time of year for someone to be taken so young. his parents though heartbroken should remember he got his dying wish and left the earth a happy elf.

sobbed reading this x

Banned

Would rather my kids die in my arms not Santas

At least when he passed he was happy, I'm sure the family will take comfort in that.
    Spare a thought for Eric Schmitt-Matzen, what a truly inspirational man, It can't of been easy for him either.

My sincerest wishes to the family as i know how hard losing a child at Xmas is. I am so happy that he got to see Santa and cuddle him, and i never well up with tears, but this made me cry.

This horrible world makes me disbelieve in a god, because a decent kind creator would not allow harm to befall children and let evil scum walk the earth untouched.
    Edited by moderator: "." 12th Dec 2016

Just read the article.. Such a sad story!. I'm normally tough as nails but that got me

I read this earlier and cried my heart out, we take so much for granted in life, no parent such ever have to bury their child.

Can we please leave negative / arguementive comments at thr door on this one?

That was a heartbreaking story.

mod

EstorilBlue

Can we please leave negative / arguementive comments at thr door on this … Can we please leave negative / arguementive comments at thr door on this one?That was a heartbreaking story.

Agreed.

Keeping a close eye on this thread.
    Anything not topic-related will be removed.

Thank You HutchAW for keeping an eye on this post.

So sad

Brought a tear to this 17 stone bearded bikers eye too.

I've just attended the funeral of my daughter's 7 yr old classmate who died of DIPG, a
    very aggressive brain tumor and I still see her in my head. I salute her mum...I don't think I'll be able to read this story.

Heartbreaking

A young girl near me just passed away due to cancer, very sad.. right before Christmas.. Parents must be devastated.

westerntelegraph.co.uk/new…le/
    Edited by: "haritori" 12th Dec 2016

So heartbreaking

A heartbreaking reminder that material obsessions are worthless and life is precious. My thoughts are with everyone going through something similar.

Aiden1512

My pillow has just wet itself

Well I'm not going to admit being a grown man that I cried

Bless

it really brings things home ,heartbreaking it is so sad

nathan3007

It's life, It's just one of those things, some people just end up dealt a … It's life, It's just one of those things, some people just end up dealt a crap hand, but so long as they make the most of the time they have and do what they want to that is what matters. Yeah he was only 5, but that's the harsh reality of life ( yes I read the article before anyone asks, no I didn't cry)

​have u got kids?
    it really changes you

ive just been reading this my heart sank how awful and sad

srp111

​have u got kids?it really changes you

cant believe that guy has even said that

Well Nathan3007, I bet your sooo proud of that heart of stone you have !!!

read this last nite and then sobbed then 2 of my kids did the same

makes you sit back and think how blessed you are to have your healthy kids and loved ones around at Christmas and remember its about family not how much you spend ect ect

Banned

Oh by the way the story was bullcarp. Save your tears.

edition.cnn.com/201…tml

It was a bad bad liar Santa.
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 15th Dec 2016

YouDontWantToKnow

Oh by the way the story was bullcarp. Save your tears. … Oh by the way the story was bullcarp. Save your tears. http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/14/us/knoxville-santa-story-in-question-trnd/index.htmlIt was a bad bad liar Santa.

it actually says the hospital and santa wont reveal any details so that doesn't make it a hoax as I am sure if it is true the family want privacy not
    the media banging on there door
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2977
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2493
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767392
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424514493

See more discussions