Terms & Conditions of Online Sales - Price Change After Delivery - Can Company Demand Further Payment?

After you've had an order confirmed online at a price, delivered and all paperwork to show price etc can a company then demand payment of an apparent 'error in pricing' after delivery has been made?

Thanks in advance

81 Comments

Nope.

According to certain trading standards, it depends.

once the order has been dispatched they cant ask you for any more

no - but they can refuse to sell you item - usually in t & cs

depends if you want it that much

was it a deal on here - where they get inundated with orders?

if not....

if its a well known company - contact head office - it wasnt your fault they made a mistake

Why has this happened or are you worried it may happen ?.

Original Poster

Well this company are now asking for more money - or they will take further payment or I can return them!!

I've checked their terms & conditions:

3.2 Whilst it is our intention to keep our website up to date and error free, product description or pricing errors may occur. If we discover such an error after you have submitted an order to us, we will contact you prior to accepting your order with the correct details. You may then either cancel your order or re-confirm it based on the correct information. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order as cancelled.

They have to give you an offer to buy at the NEW revised price or cancel the order. HMV did this to me last week on a mis-priced DVD boxset :x

EDIT just seen Price Change After Delivery so definately NO, it's theft if they take further payment as the contract was formed when payment was taken and goods dispatched. IF they take any money call your credit card company and report it as theft / unauthorised transaction

Original Poster

holly100;6513119

no - but they can refuse to sell you item - usually in t & csdepends if … no - but they can refuse to sell you item - usually in t & csdepends if you want it that muchwas it a deal on here - where they get inundated with orders?if not....if its a well known company - contact head office - it wasnt your fault they made a mistake

I have contacted them hence the thread as they're trying to tell me they can re-charge me the correct price as their marketing dept have now updated the site.

Quite a few people bought by the looks of it.

Can they refuse to sell if they've delivered?

tonyg1962;6513126

Why has this happened or are you worried it may happen ?.

Happened :thumbsup:

If you have fraudulently used a voucher (ie - Littlewoods) then yes.

Original Poster

big-boy;6513138

They have to give you an offer to buy at the NEW revised price or cancel … They have to give you an offer to buy at the NEW revised price or cancel the order. HMV did this to me last week on a mis-priced DVD boxset :x

But they didn't - I placed an order, it was accepted, processed and delivered - only now are they offering me them at the higher price or I have to return :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Syzable;6513144

If you have fraudulently used a voucher (ie - Littlewoods) then yes.

Used no codes :thumbsup:

xsazzyjayx;6513150

Then no they can't. They've accepted your payment, and fulfilled the contract by delivering and confirmed acceptance of the price paid.

Tell them to go and take a running jump. :-D

xsazzyjayx;6513150

You should be ok then, any more money gets taken you tell your bank and give them proof of price.

Banned

no they cant, once it has been delivered i cannot see how they can charge you more, if they have already taken the money, mind i read somewhere about if they could prove you knew it was an error, like a 32 lcd tv for 32p then they could, best get in touch with trading standards and give them all details

Original Poster

Syzable;6513159

Then no they can't. They've accepted your payment, and fulfilled the … Then no they can't. They've accepted your payment, and fulfilled the contract by delivering and confirmed acceptance of the price paid. Tell them to go and take a running jump. :-D

Benjimoron;6513160

You should be ok then, any more money gets taken you tell your bank and … You should be ok then, any more money gets taken you tell your bank and give them proof of price.

I put them on my credit account for quickness so do you think this makes a difference?

Original Poster

sassie;6513175

no they cant, once it has been delivered i cannot see how they can charge … no they cant, once it has been delivered i cannot see how they can charge you more, if they have already taken the money, mind i read somewhere about if they could prove you knew it was an error, like a 32 lcd tv for 32p then they could, best get in touch with trading standards and give them all details

I did think it was too good to be true :x

Banned

xsazzyjayx;6513177

I put them on my credit account for quickness so do you think this makes … I put them on my credit account for quickness so do you think this makes a difference?

get in touch with trading standards, its best they help as you need to tell them everything, like price paid for what, etc,etc

ohhh sazzy what was it? what company?

xsazzyjayx;6513177

I put them on my credit account for quickness so do you think this makes … I put them on my credit account for quickness so do you think this makes a difference?

Nope, none at all

Credit accounts are still treated like cash. They are unsecured loans in reality so they can't ask for it back or change the price of it.

Original Poster

sassie;6513196

get in touch with trading standards, its best they help as you need to … get in touch with trading standards, its best they help as you need to tell them everything, like price paid for what, etc,etc

Thanks sassie

superskilly;6513200

ohhh sazzy what was it? what company?

Bedding @ Very

Syzable;6513203

Nope, none at all Credit accounts are still treated like cash. They … Nope, none at all Credit accounts are still treated like cash. They are unsecured loans in reality so they can't ask for it back or change the price of it.

On the phone now & they're saying otherwise :thumbsup:

Banned

on your account does it show what you have originally been charged? if so get a print out immediately and what does your invoice that came with items show

xsazzyjayx;6513220

On the phone now & they're saying otherwise :thumbsup:

They would do. :lol:

Tell them you are off to Trading Standards and Consumer Direct and will leave it at that.

Original Poster

sassie;6513227

on your account does it show what you have originally been charged? if so … on your account does it show what you have originally been charged? if so get a print out immediately and what does your invoice that came with items show

Invoices all show the cheaper price as does order online, will print now :thumbsup:

Syzable;6513228

They would do. :lol:Tell them you are off to Trading Standards and … They would do. :lol:Tell them you are off to Trading Standards and Consumer Direct and will leave it at that.

First woman I spoke to I got angry with....this 2nd woman doesn't know anything & is going back & forth....grrrrr!!!

Banned

Syzable;6513203

Nope, none at all Credit accounts are still treated like cash. They … Nope, none at all Credit accounts are still treated like cash. They are unsecured loans in reality so they can't ask for it back or change the price of it.

I would have thought it was secured on the item? If you don't pay it off then they come and collect the item :? like a hire purchase on a car.

They can just refuse her the credit now and say she's not paid for it.

Banned

trading standards will tell you exactly what to do, they are very good, but get that copy of online statement printed off now - lol

xsazzyjayx;6513220

Bedding @ Very

lol, how did I know that!

Banned

pmsl you not going to be the only not to happy are ya, maybe they know who the op is

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=3

Original Poster

lumoruk;6513243

I would have thought it was secured on the item? If you don't pay it off … I would have thought it was secured on the item? If you don't pay it off then they come and collect the item :? like a hire purchase on a car. They can just refuse her the credit now and say she's not paid for it.

Not if I cleared the balance I suppose?

sassie;6513249

trading standards will tell you exactly what to do, they are very good, … trading standards will tell you exactly what to do, they are very good, but get that copy of online statement printed off now - lol

Will do :thumbsup:

Benjimoron;6513285

lol, how did I know that!

From my deal?

sassie;6513320

pmsl you not going to be the only not to happy are ya, maybe they know … pmsl you not going to be the only not to happy are ya, maybe they know who the op ishttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/491835/amelia-erin-helios-imani-sofia-idoh/?page=3

Yep my mistake. I actually posted it when it was 2 sets for £12...then the price changed?

lumoruk;6513243

I would have thought it was secured on the item? If you don't pay it off … I would have thought it was secured on the item? If you don't pay it off then they come and collect the item :? like a hire purchase on a car. They can just refuse her the credit now and say she's not paid for it.

Only a court order could send Bailiffs round to collect items upto the value of xx. But the item is unsecured credit.

Banned

so how much they trying to charge you now?

i would also explain to ts that the prics kept getting lower too, this could be seen as a pricing error, but if they kept lowering the price then hardly an error really

xsazzyjayx;6513331

From my deal?

LW group are notorious.

Original Poster

sassie;6513346

so how much they trying to charge you now?i would also explain to ts that … so how much they trying to charge you now?i would also explain to ts that the prics kept getting lower too, this could be seen as a pricing error, but if they kept lowering the price then hardly an error really

Actually I didn't think about that.

They want to charge £8 each but when you try adding some to the basket again it takes off £8...so 2 for £11.95 delivered (again)

I don't understand how many different prices these have been over a few days?

Benjimoron;6513366

LW group are notorious.

I thought that was just with codes...but perhaps they are a pain in the bum!

have you asked the other guys who bought are they having the same problems or have they been ok?

Original Poster

plumberman01;6513389

have you asked the other guys who bought are they having the same … have you asked the other guys who bought are they having the same problems or have they been ok?

I didn't think of that, I think I got too wound up in myself. Thanks :thumbsup:

it doesnt seem right that they can do it tho to me...common sense would tell you that if you sell something you cant extort more money later for the delivered item?

Banned

i would add two to you basket now and take a screen shot of it, hover quicly over your clock at bottom which will show todays date and quickly press print screen, it will show they are still selling at this price even though they know about error, more ground for you

sassie;6513434

i would add two to you basket now and take a screen shot of it, hover … i would add two to you basket now and take a screen shot of it, hover quicly over your clock at bottom which will show todays date and quickly press print screen, it will show they are still selling at this price even though they know about error, more ground for you

ive added 2 to the basket and it isnt doing the half price fo me...although it says in the description. They need to sort themselves out:roll:

oops sorry its worked now-lol

Benjimoron;6513366

LW group are notorious.

Why do they do this all the time have they not learned yet ?

let us know how you get on? i hope you get it sorted.

Original Poster

sassie;6513434

i would add two to you basket now and take a screen shot of it, hover … i would add two to you basket now and take a screen shot of it, hover quicly over your clock at bottom which will show todays date and quickly press print screen, it will show they are still selling at this price even though they know about error, more ground for you

They're not selling at the price I bought at now, but the price that they were when I posted the deal a week ago....wish I'd done that at the beginning:thumbsup:

waterloo;6513458

Why do they do this all the time have they not learned yet ?

Have you seen stories like this before?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    3. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722

See more discussions