terms of a 12month sim only contract

Edited by:"little_green"Found 18th Nov 2017
i keep seeing people on here posting when deals come up that they phone up their current provider & threaten to leave unless they can match this new deal.
what i;m confused about it is, i know if you're on an phone contract (device & plan) then there is a cancellation/early exit fee.
I would have assumed that by tying into a 12 month sim only contract means your essentially stuck in it for 12 months & if you want to exit early you need to pay a cancellation fee?
so unless literally everyone who is posting her has been on a 30day rolling contract, i don't really understand how they can phone up & state they will leave wihtout incurring a penalty (that's probably so high it doesnt make it worth leaving).

anyone able to enlighten me?

Edit: also if anyone is able to let me know what the exit fees are on 12month simo contract for the various providers that would be helpful

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
2 Comments

Think some providers will try and give you a better deal (and fix you on a new 12 month contract) if you threaten to leave after your current deal ends in a few months for example. But you're your right they don't need to and can just call your bluff

I don’t know about anyone else but a month back I wanted to leave Tesco mobile after being there 3 years and 10 months, 2 more months to go in my current contract that I wanted out of and they wanted £37.49 for an early termination fee for 2 months.

My monthly fee was £17.00 so I don’t know how they worked that amount out!

I got a couple of people asking me why I wanted to leave and just told them that I had enough of them and I was going, end of, and received a pac code whilst still talking to them.

I’m now on BT with that mobile phone.

I hope that may have helped you a little bit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions