Terry Wogan Leaving R2

Terry Wogan started at R2 at 34, Chris Evans is 43, yet claims of ageism are rife because Terry, completely of his own accord, the most popular DJ in UK radio history, has decided to step down.

BBC Radio 2 Remit is for 35year olds +

So can someone explain to me, why so many people are moaning about this? Were they expecting him to go on into his 80s and 90s? Can someone suggest to me another alternative from R2 that would of been viable?

P.S. I'm a big R1 fan, following Moyles for years but I sometimes go to R2 and R4

16 Comments

Never mind :roll:

cant stand chris moyles. Chris evans has a different way of presenting which i like. I used to listen to radio 1 a lot in the early 80's gary davies, DLT, Mike read, Peel now these were good presenters, dont listen to Radio 1 at all now.will be interesting though to see how Moyles & Evans will be competeing against each other !

Thank god for that, Chris Evans much better IMHO.

Chris Evans is a completely different style to Terry and I think many R2 breakfast listeners will hate him.......I suspect that what the fuss is about.

Original Poster

Indeed, Moyles Vs. Evans will be fun.

Original Poster

gari189;6234698

Chris Evans is a completely different style to Terry and I think many R2 … Chris Evans is a completely different style to Terry and I think many R2 breakfast listeners will hate him.......I suspect that what the fuss is about.

So, who should of replaced Wogan? Or would there of been moaning no matter what as noone could of matched Wogan? Are the TOG's really that selfish that they want to deny him his semi-retirement?

schizoboy;6234709

So, who should of replaced Wogan?

Well Graham Norton replaced him on Eurovision. How would you feel waking up with Graham Norton :w00t:

schizoboy;6234709

So, who should of replaced Wogan? Or would there of been moaning no … So, who should of replaced Wogan? Or would there of been moaning no matter what as noone could of matched Wogan? Are the TOG's really that selfish that they want to deny him his semi-retirement?

He's overdue for retirement and I'm sure most of his listeners would agree. I'm happy with the change as I won't have to listen to Chris Evans in the evening on the way home.....

Original Poster

gari189;6234741

He's overdue for retirement and I'm sure most of his listeners would … He's overdue for retirement and I'm sure most of his listeners would agree. I'm happy with the change as I won't have to listen to Chris Evans in the evening on the way home.....

So basically, because Wogan is gone it, suddenly gives license for Wogan fans to start the hate campaign on everyone else! Very Mature...

I heard that he was forced to leave because his ears have become unfeasibly large. :whistling:

Maybe he'll get a new job working with Noddy or modelling for garden gnomes.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/pressass/700306591.jpg

Original Poster

He's going to another, I assume less demanding, Radio Show/Station.

Also this occurred just as Chris Moyles became the longest serving Radio1 DJ.

Mrs Wogan noticing her husband's ears for the first time on their wedding day!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/08/article-1109663-02FBDE6A000005DC-938_468x445.jpg

im a big moyles and evans fan! but i think i will be moving to radio 2 permenently when evans starts, although moyles is exellent i cant see him being there on radio 1's breakfast show for all that much longer, maybe a year!!

I wish Wogan all the best in whatever he goes on to do,a legend of live broadcasting!:thumbsup:

In many ways I am thankful that he is leaving,listening to his dulcet tones in a morning keeps me in bed so I have R1 on me clock radio to wake me...........I ruddy hate Moyles,overbearing wazzock who is not funny and way to fond of the sound of his own voice,his sycophantic crew get on me chesticles as well!!
However it does get me out of bed quickly lol,Terry lulls me back to snooze mode,so with Chris Evans at the helm I can tune back into R2 and not start the day in a foul mood!:-D

Today programme on Radio 4 every morning - you will learn an incredible amount..........
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764049
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1855
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2023
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846099

See more discussions