Tesco.....

Posted 16th Dec 2019
What I wanna kno is.. has anybody used the £25 off £70 offer and had success with getting any of the usual excluded items? (alcohol, stamps, tobacco, etc)

Ideally, I wanna stock up on the Christmas booze. so if alcohol is excluded, I probably won't bother.

basically my shopping list will b..
cigarettes, beer, cider, wine, and possibly vodka
Community Updates
Ask
32 Comments
Yep. Used it successfully and got £20 worth of alcohol on it.
Yes we used for alcohol only. £76 spend was £51.
Yeah I got some Gin on the order.
Yes, alcohol only here
Yep bought gin, vodka and whiskey plus coffee for the morning after 😋
Yep, got all alcohol! Ours just delivered and no substitutions or anything! 😁
Where do you get this offer?
Corner_taken_quickly16/12/2019 17:41

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/zone/voucher-codes

Thank you! Do I have to set up a new account??
Superkat2916/12/2019 17:44

Thank you! Do I have to set up a new account??

The offer is for a first order. So if u have ordered before, u will have to do it with a new account
Yeah I got alcohol x3 but they’ve changed the terms and conditions
Bandicoot16/12/2019 17:53

Yeah I got alcohol x3 but they’ve changed the terms and conditions

I did hear t&cs were changing. I just don't wanna mess about setting up an account, try ordering cigarettes n alcohol for Tesco to turn round and say NO CAN DO
The quote from their terms and condition

Looks like the ordering process, picker ignores this, if people are getting alcohol.

Excludes purchases at any cafe, tobacco kiosks, fuel, lottery products, Tesco or branded gift cards, e-top ups, opticians, phone store, savings stamps, national lottery and scratch cards, postage stamps, prescription medicines, infant milk formulae, alcohol, Delivery Saver subscription, delivery or collection charges, Tesco Bank and on travel money.
it looks like some people have had the offer and a few haven't but it looks like the majority have been able to get alcohol through. i think it depends on the person picking the items on the day of the delivery and putting the stuff through the till. some people have received an email to cancel the order as it contained alcohol, so you would be chancing it. looks like a good punt though. just be prepared to send everything back if they deliver without the discount.
Superkat2916/12/2019 17:36

Where do you get this offer?

hotukdeals.com/dea…961

Corner_taken_quickly16/12/2019 18:03

I did hear t&cs were changing. I just don't wanna mess about setting up …I did hear t&cs were changing. I just don't wanna mess about setting up an account, try ordering cigarettes n alcohol for Tesco to turn round and say NO CAN DO

hotukdeals.com/com…258

hmmm picking mine up tomorrow afternoon with some booze will get back

I would place the order anyway so your slot is saved
Used it on two Xbox games and a Terry’s chocolate orange, didn’t have one of the games so charged me full price for one game and the chocolate orange and didn’t honour the code. A lot of faff!
I ordered mine with a bottle if gin, do you have to accept the order if it's it delivered??? They should t let you order it if it's prohibited
Ordered 5 bottles of cava, a bottle of port, 6 bottles of wine and a bottle of rum. No other items. Worked fine had it delivered last week.
Well done on the healthy diet. Get in
Edited by: "oliviasgrandad" 16th Dec 2019
oliviasgrandad16/12/2019 18:29

Well done on the healthy diet. Get in

Anything goes at Christmas..
oliviasgrandad16/12/2019 18:36

You just need to 30 bags of pork scratchings.

And a dozen pickled eggs please
I didn’t know alcohol was excluded I just wanted a game for my son for Christmas for £30 so had to spend £40 on shipping and only needed a couple of things so got pretty much all alcohol and a game.
Had lager and cider on my my order all ok Friday
toonsquirel16/12/2019 19:45

I didn’t know alcohol was excluded I just wanted a game for my son for C …I didn’t know alcohol was excluded I just wanted a game for my son for Christmas for £30 so had to spend £40 on shipping and only needed a couple of things so got pretty much all alcohol and a game.

I see what you mean by that you didn't know alcohol was excluded.

I am not sure why alcohol is excluded, it could be because of a rarely publicised culture, very few people know about this: binge drinking.

It could be due to law plus price is then, sadly, too low after discounting by 35.7% (£25 off £70) and take away the duty+VAT floor price. Some alcohol is very cheap especially after double stacking of discount codes.

For instance, the Crofters cider, 2L at £2.05 for 5%, is much favoured by the homeless, as though it is not very apple'y, it is still drinkable when flat and does not usually give headaches and hangovers. With the £25 off £70 offer and then knock off the duty and VAT, 2L is about 35p income for Tesco, crazy price if picker picks your order with the discount!

For instances these whiskys are excluded from Tesco Colleague "Double Discount" due to UK Minimum Unit Pricing
Edited by: "splender" 16th Dec 2019
Worked here and never knew alcohol was excluded either!
We only ordered alcohol too - a few bottles of wine and the cases of San Miguel/Budweiser. Code was honoured and Being delivered tonight between 22:21-22:51.
Used the offer last week which included a bottle of Vodka, didn't even know alcohol was an excluded item. Just used it again today, which includes another bottle, for collection tomorrow, hopefully no issues!

Odd their system allows you to use the voucher when excluded items are in your shopping trolley.
I believe the voucher only works if the items are delivered by the 18th, so you need to be quick.
Used it twice on new emails for purely alcohol and gone through no problem. One order was 2 x single barrel and a no 7 1l - £70 worth for £45.
Ordered 6 Prosecco (got the 25% off them) a bottle of vodka and a bottle of whisky!
Just collected my order which was entirely alcohol 🙈 no problems at all
Just picked mine up

39417504-hybwR.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions