Groups

tesco

went to tesco today and was overcharged by £3.40 , so went to customer services who gave me it back but they said they dont do the double the diffrence anymore, just wondering if its true

9 Comments

Banned

its true in your case

At my store they give you a refund and you get to keep the item for free.

Syzable

this is correct, contact the head office

Syzable

Officially they changed the policy to double the difference a couple of years ago. However many customer services in Tescos like to ignore official policy, some through ignorance but most through deliberate deceit. It makes the store manager and staff look inefficient if they have to keep giving refunds because they over-charged customers....

Easiet way to check is to look for the customer pledge noticeboard which is usually behind the customer services desk.
    Edited by: "gari189" 14th Oct 2010

Banned

unless they stopped it in the last week...got a tenner back,when overcharged a fiver on a toy!

It's double the difference.
    Look behind the staff on the wall of cutomer services they have a list of their "promises"

Original Poster

think i will have a look next time im in

Original Poster

ust had a look It's double the difference. or so it says lol , thanks for the help everyone

Ring head office (Dundee I think) to complain. They can contact the store and tell them to give you the extra money.....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)1317
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal98
      3. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50034
      4. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?24

See more discussions