Tesco Aluminium Santiago Reclining Chairs (were on offer for £15 a pair)

Found 24th Sep 2008
Help!! - I know this is highly unlikely, but has anyone got 2 off these chairs that they do not want. Ordered a complete set from Tesco's (4 chairs, table, parasol), and for some reason only 2 of the chairs were delivered and not 4, although they have taken the money for 4. I have phoned Tescos many times, and they still cannot sort it out, but say that the remaining 2 chairs may have got lost in transit or at the warehouse.
I am so gutted as I ordered these for a surprise present for my mum who has recently moved into her new bungalow. I placed my order early in the morning, and noticed these were still in stock till the next day, so there should have been no problem with stock control. I received my confirmation email straighaway and really didn't anticipate any problems.
I will happily pay extra and courier costs to get hold of the chairs to complete the set. Is there anyone who can help please, I would be so grateful

3 Comments

cant find any as of yet...could you not use the Catalogue number: 202-2154 and ring a few stores near you and see if they have them in stock actually in the store? or send back the two you have and get a set of four from somewhere else. Ebay has a few sets of aluminium chairs, although they arnt reclining ones. Good luck x

Personally I would persevere with Tesco customer service and then head office.

Make them do the ringing around until they source you some even if it is direct from manufacturer.

It's their mistake/uselessness so why should you be out of pocket by trying to locate them yourself.

Original Poster

Many thanks for your replies. I have contacted Head Office but to be honest they were not a lot of help - just apologised profusely but said there were no chairs left in stock or any of the stores. All they could offer was a refund which does not really help in any way. Thanks for the advice tho, I will just have to hope that some come for sale on Ebay!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226666
    2. Which wall design do you like best?45
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35119
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678

See more discussions