Tesco are scrapping their Brand Guarantee next month

Found 25th Jun
As per title, it seems Tesco is getting rid of their brand guarantee, where they would give you a discount at the till if it' works out cheaper at Asda, Morrisons or Sainsbury's.

The scheme is due to end on the 16th of July and I am sure it will be missed, as it saved any messing around with price checking manually.

It seems they view it as becoming irrelevant now and they want to have better prices from the get go. I guess the question to ask now is... Will we still be getting the best prices when shopping there?

Tesco chief customer officer saidsaid: "Since brand guarantee launched in 2015, we have continued to invest in simpler, lower everyday prices. As a result, the scheme is far less relevant for our customers today, and so we are withdrawing it as we focus on offering customers even more straightforward value for money at the shelf edge" source
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
zworld31 m ago

Transaltion

Translation: translation
31 Comments
deleted396333
wow Tesco really are struggling with this and the closing of direct.
Tesco chief customer officer saidsaid: "Since brand guarantee launched in 2015, we have continued to invest in simpler, lower everyday prices. As a result, the scheme is far less relevant for our customers today, and so we are withdrawing it as we focus on offering customers even more straightforward value for money at the shelf edge"

Yeah, of course.
deeky50 m ago

Tesco chief customer officer saidsaid: "Since brand guarantee launched in …Tesco chief customer officer saidsaid: "Since brand guarantee launched in 2015, we have continued to invest in simpler, lower everyday prices. As a result, the scheme is far less relevant for our customers today, and so we are withdrawing it as we focus on offering customers even more straightforward value for money at the shelf edge"Yeah, of course.

Exactly. Getting the best price is no longer relevant. Whatever... Why not just admit it's cost cutting?
deeky5 h, 13 m ago

Tesco chief customer officer saidsaid: "Since brand guarantee launched in …Tesco chief customer officer saidsaid: "Since brand guarantee launched in 2015, we have continued to invest in simpler, lower everyday prices. As a result, the scheme is far less relevant for our customers today, and so we are withdrawing it as we focus on offering customers even more straightforward value for money at the shelf edge"Yeah, of course.

Transaltion : We can't afford to give away money just becuase we want to price match competitors. So, we'll invent some bs and outright get rid of it!
Edited by: "zworld" 25th Jun
im not too fussed about that...
as a Clubcard member Tesco send me money off vouchers like £6 off a £40 spend etc, and the amount of times ive got to the till with just enough in my basket to cover the minimum spend and then they 'price match' which then takes me below the minimum by a couple of pence its ridiculous,
that then leaves me having to go panic buy something that i dont want so i can use the voucher whilst holding up a queue behind me at the till
Edited by: "cainer1" 25th Jun
zworld31 m ago

Transaltion

Translation: translation
I never seemed to save anything on it anyway - Tesco was always ££'s cheaper or they were the same as the competitors.
“Your basket today was £0.02 cheaper by shopping at Tesco”
I forgot this was even a thing cant remember the last time i saw one, i rarely say yes when they ask if i want the receipt.
People saying this doesn't really mean anything, in the long run, no. The odd 10p here and there, but it will stop the occasional checkout glitches. Remember the Pizza Express glitch where because of brand guarantee you ended up paying a pound a pizza and Gu deserts? That won't happen anymore.
They will re-label their "brand" with a new design a throw it on shelves, and of course if they want continue with their "shadow brand" "value for money"
Colin_Judkins1 h, 5 m ago

People saying this doesn't really mean anything, in the long run, no. The …People saying this doesn't really mean anything, in the long run, no. The odd 10p here and there, but it will stop the occasional checkout glitches. Remember the Pizza Express glitch where because of brand guarantee you ended up paying a pound a pizza and Gu deserts? That won't happen anymore.

Loved that glitch 😁
If th numbers are to be believe only 1 in 8 people bothered to use it. Don’t shop in tesco it always seems more expensive than others and quality not that great in our local store and with the savings on Lidl and Aldi not worth shopping there.
Very soon, all the Value and Smartprice ranges will disappear.
zworld57 m ago

Why do you say that
Anyone remember the coke zero 24 pack glitch? Loved that. Ended up with 20 crates and a load of Tesco branded goods for under £30 due to the brand glitch.
Tesco have finally lost the plot completely
Colin_Judkins3 h, 50 m ago

People saying this doesn't really mean anything, in the long run, no. The …People saying this doesn't really mean anything, in the long run, no. The odd 10p here and there, but it will stop the occasional checkout glitches. Remember the Pizza Express glitch where because of brand guarantee you ended up paying a pound a pizza and Gu deserts? That won't happen anymore.

Drooler28 m ago

Anyone remember the coke zero 24 pack glitch? Loved that. Ended up with 20 …Anyone remember the coke zero 24 pack glitch? Loved that. Ended up with 20 crates and a load of Tesco branded goods for under £30 due to the brand glitch.

Makes me wonder why they're stopping it

Can't say anything because I've often taken advantage of glitches, but, you can sort of see why they're stopping it now
zworld2 h, 48 m ago

They will, but only because they will be rebranded something generic like Aldi and Lidl do.
cainer18 h, 17 m ago

im not too fussed about that... as a Clubcard member Tesco send me money …im not too fussed about that... as a Clubcard member Tesco send me money off vouchers like £6 off a £40 spend etc, and the amount of times ive got to the till with just enough in my basket to cover the minimum spend and then they 'price match' which then takes me below the minimum by a couple of pence its ridiculous,that then leaves me having to go panic buy something that i dont want so i can use the voucher whilst holding up a queue behind me at the till

"Tesco send me money off vouchers like £6 off a £40 spend etc'
really ? never get sod all here

never used this much anyway so not that bothered tbh
Wongy1101 m ago

"Tesco send me money off vouchers like £6 off a £40 spend etc'really ? n …"Tesco send me money off vouchers like £6 off a £40 spend etc'really ? never get sod all here never used this much anyway so not that bothered tbh

yeah i used one today, £5 off a £50 spend
zworld4 h, 39 m ago

They have only just rebranded a lot of the value range
mostly the same price but some have disappeared

and some have had a price increase (the ones aldi don't stock)
cainer14 m ago

yeah i used one today, £5 off a £50 spend

They just stopped here two years or so ago

I guess they figured out I only go for the discounted/cos stuff ?
Was always a bit restricted as had to buy minimum 10 different applicable items.
Drooler25th Jun

Anyone remember the coke zero 24 pack glitch? Loved that. Ended up with 20 …Anyone remember the coke zero 24 pack glitch? Loved that. Ended up with 20 crates and a load of Tesco branded goods for under £30 due to the brand glitch.

I got this 196 cans for £1.96. Was sooo exciting! People on self scan asked me if I was having a party. I just said yes, as I was, in my head
Edited by: "juggler1" 27th Jun
miikeyblue25th Jun

Loved that glitch 😁

I did really well out of this one too...

hotukdeals.com/dea…788

34152671-vM7Ks.jpg
That lot cost me, erm, £30 profit
I’m totally gutted- I watch out for stuff like this all the time
maccy125th Jun

Makes me wonder why they're stopping it Can't say anything …Makes me wonder why they're stopping it Can't say anything because I've often taken advantage of glitches, but, you can sort of see why they're stopping it now

Aww, the people who take advantage of the glitches surely are a tiny percentage? I’m so gutted- Sainsburys brand match went a while ago, Morrys seemed to last 5minutes, so now it only leaves Asda’s apgs. God, I’m worried for a future where I might have to pay the actual price for stuff!
adamspencer9525th Jun

adamspencer9525th Jun

adamspencer9525th Jun

The prices are definitely dropping
maccy125th Jun

Makes me wonder why they're stopping it Can't say anything …Makes me wonder why they're stopping it Can't say anything because I've often taken advantage of glitches, but, you can sort of see why they're stopping it now

I think it will be a reduction in staff also.... the money supermarket app is a plus to be checking prices across retailers
Dannyrobbo25th Jun

Why do you say that

Value range is being replaced with lines like mollys and hearty food and Stockwell & co and the prices are the same if not cheaper than the value range
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants