tesco bag for life

Posted 31st Dec 2019
At the tesco express in leicester, staff told me i could only changed 1 bag for life, i told them customer service had told me this is wrong, re checked on tesco facebook page, they said the same

the staff also told me i am breaking them on purpose and no one else changes the bag for life

the question i have is has anyone else had problems chaging 10p bag for life at tesco ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
bhaskarsa31/12/2019 17:34

i have sent them a email, just asking if anyone else has had the same …i have sent them a email, just asking if anyone else has had the same problem No i don't break them on purpose, there not very goodmust be a jobsworth staff, they did change it for me this time, next time i will demand to see the manager, its odd how i have never had a problem at lidl, iceland, home bargins and iceland

The last bit makes you sound like a serial bag breaker
If a staff member told me I was breaking something on purpose I would ring customer service and put a complaint in how blumin rude. Anyhoo theres a code they put through the till to take the 10p off its on the bag above the barcode.
You have 250 bags already. Why do you need more? They're 10p and you got them free. Tightarse springs to mind

and as for complaining to management if it happens again....
Edited by: "chocci" 1st Jan
Erm just curious but why are they all at home and not in the charity shop
37 Comments
If a staff member told me I was breaking something on purpose I would ring customer service and put a complaint in how blumin rude. Anyhoo theres a code they put through the till to take the 10p off its on the bag above the barcode.
Well I would argue that it's a bag for life, not a bag for a month or so.

Shouldn't matter how many you replace (assuming that you are not breaking them on purpose)
No, I've changed 8 at a time once. They've never looked at the bag in much detail for me to consider tearing them on purpose.

Some staff are such jobsworths.
fattyflumpalump31/12/2019 17:30

If a staff member told me I was breaking something on purpose I would ring …If a staff member told me I was breaking something on purpose I would ring customer service and put a complaint in how blumin rude. Anyhoo theres a code they put through the till to take the 10p off its on the bag above the barcode.

i have sent them a email, just asking if anyone else has had the same problem
Bob2460131/12/2019 17:30

Well I would argue that it's a bag for life, not a bag for a month or …Well I would argue that it's a bag for life, not a bag for a month or so.Shouldn't matter how many you replace (assuming that you are not breaking them on purpose)

No i don't break them on purpose, there not very good

MadeDixonsCry31/12/2019 17:31

No, I've changed 8 at a time once. They've never looked at the bag in much …No, I've changed 8 at a time once. They've never looked at the bag in much detail for me to consider tearing them on purpose. Some staff are such jobsworths.

must be a jobsworth staff, they did change it for me this time, next time i will demand to see the manager, its odd how i have never had a problem at lidl, iceland, home bargins and iceland

i have sent them a email, just asking if anyone else has had the same …i have sent them a email, just asking if anyone else has had the same problem No i don't break them on purpose, there not very goodmust be a jobsworth staff, they did change it for me this time, next time i will demand to see the manager, its odd how i have never had a problem at lidl, iceland, home bargins and iceland

The last bit makes you sound like a serial bag breaker
fattyflumpalump31/12/2019 17:38

The last bit makes you sound like a serial bag breaker The last bit makes you sound like a serial bag breaker

i have over 250 carrier bags at home, i get them from the charity shop i volunteer at, we give people the choice of keeping them, most don't
Amd if youve got so many let the broken ones go to bag heaven and use more from your stash instead of swapping them and putting more into circulation.
I legit own no carrier bags.
fattyflumpalump31/12/2019 17:47

they have no use for them and have to throw them away ohterwise?
bhaskarsa31/12/2019 17:53

they have no use for them and have to throw them away ohterwise?

Can they not use them for customer purchases?
I would still not replace and use through your existing ones
fattyflumpalump31/12/2019 18:00

Can they not use them for customer purchases?

Head office said we have to sell our branded carrier bags
bhaskarsa31/12/2019 18:01

Wow. Fair do. Possibly donate them to a charity shop that does reuse bags
Edited by: "fattyflumpalump" 31st Dec 2019
bhaskarsa31/12/2019 18:06

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302200584Bags similar to …https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/302200584Bags similar to that used to go in the bin, i now give them to the local food bank

Could you not volunteer for a better charity shop, one thats more in line with your ethics?

must be a jobsworth staff, they did change it for me this time, next time …must be a jobsworth staff, they did change it for me this time, next time i will demand to see the manager

Honestly, if their policy written on Facebook is one at a time then I doubt a manager would do anything more unless you want them to exercise discretion.

Despite public opinion, the customer is not always right
MadeDixonsCry31/12/2019 18:32

Honestly, if their policy written on Facebook is one at a time then I …Honestly, if their policy written on Facebook is one at a time then I doubt a manager would do anything more unless you want them to exercise discretion. Despite public opinion, the customer is not always right

bhaskarsa31/12/2019 18:39

[Image]

Maybe the poor member of staff has been told wrong. Don't take it personal. These staff are hard worked over the festive period and are lucky if they get one day off. It's only a bag and you've hundreds of them. Next time you do your shop, just avoid that checkout operator?
STRICKIBHOY31/12/2019 19:13

Maybe the poor member of staff has been told wrong. Don't take it …Maybe the poor member of staff has been told wrong. Don't take it personal. These staff are hard worked over the festive period and are lucky if they get one day off. It's only a bag and you've hundreds of them. Next time you do your shop, just avoid that checkout operator?

its a tesco express, a small store that has at most 2 checkout operators, they should be thankful that i don't use the self service checkout there
bhaskarsa31/12/2019 18:39

[Image]

Sorry, I misunderstood your "they said the same" comment.

Yup, seems like a dopey check out staff member rather than a jobsworth. Just avoid them in future.
bhaskarsa31/12/2019 18:01

We had that policy too, but for larger/heavier purchases I re-used the strong bags, things like picture frames just tear through cheap bags and anything with a corner too even books. There was too many rules and most of them made no sense at all. Most ridiculous one was we couldn't sell books that had been written in - and that included author signed ones! anything with skulls on them was forbidden too as it is a "christian" charity.
And how do you break bags, I can only manage to rip them probably ask the member of staff whom says you are breaking them if they can give any tips so they don't break next time.
Edited by: "MynameisM" 31st Dec 2019
You have 250 bags already. Why do you need more? They're 10p and you got them free. Tightarse springs to mind

and as for complaining to management if it happens again....
Edited by: "chocci" 1st Jan
Could you put a photo here of that Tesco bag, but don’t bother if that exposes some truth?
chocci01/01/2020 04:19

You have 250 bags already. Why do you need more? They're 10p and you got …You have 250 bags already. Why do you need more? They're 10p and you got them free. Tightarse springs to mind and as for complaining to management if it happens again....

Does more shopping than me
the staff also told me i am breaking them on purpose and no one else changes the bag for life

To me, it looks like this member of staff has rumbled you
Sounds like you are attempting to put 250 new bags into the already too much plastic world by swapping old 250 bags for 250 new bags as they are more sellable at 10p. That’s £25 worth of new plastic , 90% of this goes into charity management costs, leaving £2.50 for charitable causes, and the world extinction rebellion plight goes up by an extra 250 bags. And these uses bags are in not so condition and you had presented too many of them as broken thus arousing allegation from staff.
Edited by: "splender" 1st Jan
maccy1i01/01/2020 16:07

the staff also told me i am breaking them on purpose and no one else …the staff also told me i am breaking them on purpose and no one else changes the bag for lifeTo me, it looks like this member of staff has rumbled you

went to a different tesco express store today, changed 3 carrier bags without any problems
splender01/01/2020 16:12

Sounds like you are attempting to put 250 new bags into the already too …Sounds like you are attempting to put 250 new bags into the already too much plastic world by swapping old 250 bags for 250 new bags as they are more sellable at 10p. That’s £25 worth of new plastic , 90% of this goes into charity management costs, leaving £2.50 for charitable causes, and the world extinction rebellion plight goes up by an extra 250 bags. And these uses bags are in not so condition and you had presented too many of them as broken thus arousing allegation from staff.

the 250 bags i have at home are not the broken ones, there the good bags

the bags i want changing are the broken bags
bhaskarsa01/01/2020 16:15

the 250 bags i have at home are not the broken ones, there the good bags …the 250 bags i have at home are not the broken ones, there the good bags the bags i want changing are the broken bags

How many, photo?
splender01/01/2020 16:17

How many, photo?

its in 3 boxes, i don't have the time to get all the bags out off the box to take a photo
bhaskarsa01/01/2020 16:19

its in 3 boxes, i don't have the time to get all the bags out off the box …its in 3 boxes, i don't have the time to get all the bags out off the box to take a photo

QED
bhaskarsa01/01/2020 16:13

went to a different tesco express store today, changed 3 carrier bags …went to a different tesco express store today, changed 3 carrier bags without any problems

...they haven't rumbled you...yet

Now, I know they're not what they profess to be ie 'bags for life' but they usually last a couple of months ish
maccy1i01/01/2020 16:27

...they haven't rumbled you...yet Now, I know they're not what they …...they haven't rumbled you...yet Now, I know they're not what they profess to be ie 'bags for life' but they usually last a couple of months ish

iceland have very good carrier bags, tesco should have bags like that
bhaskarsa01/01/2020 16:33

iceland have very good carrier bags, tesco should have bags like that

Please don't get me wrong, they market them as 'bags for life' and they should be that, I guess I'd change them but I never think about doing it (probably if more did, they'd improve the quality).

It just seems you have rather a lot in boxes at home, also it seems you go through quite a lot as well

Well done for volunteering at a Charity Shop btw, I'm all for that
maccy1i01/01/2020 16:38

Please don't get me wrong, they market them as 'bags for life' and they …Please don't get me wrong, they market them as 'bags for life' and they should be that, I guess I'd change them but I never think about doing it (probably if more did, they'd improve the quality).It just seems you have rather a lot in boxes at home, also it seems you go through quite a lot as well Well done for volunteering at a Charity Shop btw, I'm all for that

Strong bags like that i give to the local food bank so they don't go in the bin
bhaskarsa01/01/2020 17:09

[Image] Strong bags like that i give to the local food bank so they don't …[Image] Strong bags like that i give to the local food bank so they don't go in the bin

The more you're writing, the more I admire you, good for you and keep up the good work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions