Tesco Bank Cancelling Some Customer Credit Cards due to Suspected Fraud

Found 8th Mar
Tesco Bank has sent texts to some of its customers making them aware that their card has been cancelled over concerns of a suspected fraud.

The customers affected will automatically have new cards sent out, although the replacement could take between five and seven days to arrive.

"We take the security of our customers' accounts very seriously and take every measure possible to protect customers from fraudulent activity," a spokesperson said.

"As a result of routine industry-wide fraud protection measures, we have reissued a number of credit cards as a precautionary measure."

Not sure what's happened here, but I'm sure we will hear more in the coming days. If you have a Tesco Credit card just keep a lookout on your account.

Source
Community Updates
9 Comments
One plus or Equifax breach maybe.... Always use PayPal online given the option people, although nothing is totally safe
Edited by: "wayners" 8th Mar
The only issue with PayPal is it removes your section 75 cover as you’re paying an intermediary rather than the supplier of the goods.
wayners1 h, 2 m ago

One plus or Equifax breach maybe.... Always use PayPal online given the …One plus or Equifax breach maybe.... Always use PayPal online given the option people, although nothing is totally safe

And Paypal flags a totally genuine transaction as fraud. Told me to get me an invoice from the Esso Petroleum Company for lifting the restriction on using Esso App with Paypal. Both Paypal and Esso has washed their hands off.
Has that happen before with Nationwide using a website that wasn’t fraud. They didn’t even let me know they were sending me a new card. I only found out when I was wondering why I couldn’t log into Internet Banking!
Thanks for posting
jkcool51 m ago

And Paypal flags a totally genuine transaction as fraud. Told me to get me …And Paypal flags a totally genuine transaction as fraud. Told me to get me an invoice from the Esso Petroleum Company for lifting the restriction on using Esso App with Paypal. Both Paypal and Esso has washed their hands off.

I used PayPal yesterday with esso app.. Not recommended then
This isn’t new, they did this mid December last year without any notification as my card was cancelled 9 days before Xmas which wasn’t useful! And new card took 11 days to arrive

if it wasn’t for the points I wouldn’t be with them anymore....
They did this to me in January, could not give me any more information when I called.
At least they are contacting customers.
In the past, I've had cards blocked without warning which was very frustrating and inconvenient.
Would seem that attempting to buy a new sink is grounds to suspend your card for being potentially stolen.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions