Expired

Tesco Bank Car Insurance - Anyone used them? Are they any good?

Found 10th Sep 2014
I have received my renewal for my car insurance from Aviva. I have done a few comparison sites and the cheapest is Tesco Bank Car Insurance. I haven't come across them before.
Has anyone used them? Are they any good?
The quote is for 2 cars and if I move to them I save about £90 (year).
What are your views.
Thanks
Community Updates
10 Comments
Yes I have used them for both of our cars,cheapest price I could find and great service when I needed to make a claim.

We used them for 3 years in a row then had a year break and back for another year as again were cheapest.

We are now both with privilege who beat the Tesco quotes by a fair bit. I managed to get my insurance to its lowest yet and they also offer a discount on 2nd car policies.
Remember to not just compare using comparison sites as not every insurers will be on them.
Original Poster
takethatfan1978

Yes I have used them for both of our cars,cheapest price I could find and … Yes I have used them for both of our cars,cheapest price I could find and great service when I needed to make a claim.We used them for 3 years in a row then had a year break and back for another year as again were cheapest.We are now both with privilege who beat the Tesco quotes by a fair bit. I managed to get my insurance to its lowest yet and they also offer a discount on 2nd car policies.

Thanks I will get a quote from privilege
brandlew

Thanks I will get a quote from privilege

They are worth a try remember if you are wanting to insure two seperate cars to do your second quote filling in the 'already have a policy with privilege' for it to show the discount

When I was looking at quotes I'm sure Aviva was nearly double others I was offered.
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 10th Sep 2014
Original Poster
[/quote]We are now both with privilege who beat the Tesco quotes by a fair bit. I managed to get my insurance to its lowest yet and they also offer a discount on 2nd car policies.[/quote]

Hi i tried Privilege and the price for husband car is a lot higher - tesco the best far, but still unsure.

Edited by: "brandlew" 10th Sep 2014
brandlew

We are now both with privilege who beat the Tesco quotes by a fair bit. I managed to get my insurance to its lowest yet and they also offer a discount on 2nd car policies.[/quote]

Hi i tried Privilege and the price for husband car is a lot higher - tesco the best far, but still unsure.

[/quote]

oh well never mind! Did you get the discount for 2nd car?

If you are happy with the price/terms Tesco is quoting you then go for it if they are cheapest
Yes we have for the past year, although this year renewal quote is not as good so will be switching
I got some good quotes from them but when I added business use they wouldn't quote.
Original Poster
joxeruk2000

I got some good quotes from them but when I added business use they … I got some good quotes from them but when I added business use they wouldn't quote.

They have class 1 business. That's what i have been quoted on.
Original Poster
Renewed with Tesco Bank Car Insurance. I rang them and seemed very good. I just hope I dont regret it.
Thanks to all of you for your replies.
Edited by: "brandlew" 11th Sep 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions