1. Tes Deals
Groups

Tesco Bank - Reports of Widespread Fraud Tonight

Loads of people on MSE have said they have been contacted by Tesco Bank tonight and told to contact their Fraud department. Tescos phone lines are swamped.

Appears many have had unauthorised transactions in the last 6 or so hours.

Might be worth checking your online banking if you are with Tescos.

27 Comments

Original Poster

Banned

Well. I hope they never tried for more than £9 in my current account!!

Thanks for the heads up

Quite a few reported money taken, even ones who never used their cards for paying anything nor registered cards online forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…e=2
    Edited by: "splender" 6th Nov 2016

It seems as if Tesco have messed up big time. Huge security breach to leak full card information. Imagine how many older customers they have that will have no mobile/Internet to even know about this.

Current balance:
    £0.00
    greedy so and so's
    could at least have put some in

YouDontWantToKnow

Well. I hope they never tried for more than £9 in my current account!!

Lend us a fiver?

Banned

miikeyblue

Lend us a fiver?

Nope. My other account is overdrawn

JohnnyRoller

It seems as if Tesco have messed up big time. Huge security breach to … It seems as if Tesco have messed up big time. Huge security breach to leak full card information. Imagine how many older customers they have that will have no mobile/Internet to even know about this.

older people dont have phone numbers or internet? oO

Original Poster

chocci

Mine don't Landline only. Imagine that - no access to HUKD. oO

Firefly1

Mine don't Landline only. Imagine that - no access to HUKD. oO

so tesco would still be able to contact them if they had been defrauded

Original Poster

chocci

It seems people have only received a text and email - so no. Perhaps in a smaller scale incident they may phone? They can't even answer their incoming calls at the moment.

Firefly1

It seems people have only received a text and email - so no. Perhaps in a … It seems people have only received a text and email - so no. Perhaps in a smaller scale incident they may phone? They can't even answer their incoming calls at the moment.

oh, thats not great then

on the news now

bbc.co.uk/new…327

Tesco

said some cards were immediately blocked as a precautionary measure, to … said some cards were immediately blocked as a precautionary measure, to protect customers as it investigated.It said those card-holders would still be able to use online banking.

That's ok then

chocci

.... Imagine that! people not having Internet?? The bank have a text alert in place to communicate in fraud cases.. No mobile phone you say? Imagine that... They do not have someone who will ring people manually it would be an automated message. In which case I know many elderly people who have neither Internet or mobile phones and wouldn't have a clue what an automated voice is saying.

chocci

I have a landline but it barely 'works'

Family member had over £200 spent on his credit card. Napster.au, Groupon.es and a couple of other spends. Tesco pinged an SMS identifying the transactions as fraudulent thankfully, but still nerve racking. The fraud team insisted it was unrelated to this leak, but I think otherwise.

Something must be very wrong at Tesco, not so long ago you had Clubcard accounts being hacked and vouchers stolen and now this.

freakstyler

Something must be very wrong at Tesco, not so long ago you had Clubcard … Something must be very wrong at Tesco, not so long ago you had Clubcard accounts being hacked and vouchers stolen and now this.

The boss said every little savings in costs helps.

Well it would be good if if I could actually get through to them been on the phone nearly 2 hours

freakstyler

Something must be very wrong at Tesco, not so long ago you had Clubcard … Something must be very wrong at Tesco, not so long ago you had Clubcard accounts being hacked and vouchers stolen and now this.

yeah, who'd have though it, hackers targeting multi million pound companies

Ryanethan01

Well it would be good if if I could actually get through to them been on … Well it would be good if if I could actually get through to them been on the phone nearly 2 hours

why would you do that?

Edited by: "eset12345" 7th Nov 2016

Where do the hackers send the money? if they move it to other accounts surely it's all traceable?

never a good idea tesco is for your groceries. not to bank with X)

badasscas

Where do the hackers send the money? if they move it to other accounts … Where do the hackers send the money? if they move it to other accounts surely it's all traceable?

Banks dont talk to each other and wont reveal who did what - its all madness - if they did they could stop the fraudsters in their tracks and credit card fraud but the bankers and people like George Soros and Phillip Green are part of the criminal problem so dont have the want to do so!

The money is transferred to mule accounts; useful if the accounts are on the same network ie a Tesco to Tesco account transfer which makes the transfer easier, then onto another bank or several and cash withdrawn and given to the fraudsters usually.
    Of course the big criminals are in cahoots with banks in Switzerland , Cacos islands and Belize and simply transfer it to these banks who obviously are going to help hide the money trail!

The entire banking system is a joke as corrupt as the political system and its greedy politicians!
    Greedy bankers = greedy criminals!

Edited by: "omendata" 8th Nov 2016

does it include credit cards ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions