Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

tesco black friday - no prices yet

Posted 21st Nov
my local tesco has this up - no prices yet - looks
like xbox one s digital will be reduced by everybody after lidl showin it too!

3336971-ZqXfn.jpg
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Danny_Ryman21/11/2019 14:10

Real shame it’s not the disc drive one

Just another attempt to control the prices of games and completely do away with 2nd hand games and borrowing a game from a friend
Edited by: "World" 21st Nov
Supaboii21/11/2019 14:15

I don't get why everyone hates the all digital version of the Xbox. It's … I don't get why everyone hates the all digital version of the Xbox. It's a really good idea considering the amount of waste created by discs, it reduces that. I get that you can't put your games that you have already on disc, online. Which really is the only downfall of it, imo.

I mean if you like digital games then good deal, but for me I don’t want to be paying £60 for a new game when I can get it for £40, and then sell it when I’m done with it, but that’s just me
Can't make out anything in the image
44 Comments
Obviously prices not known yet but not exactly setting the heather alight with choice there
Can't make out anything in the image
Shame it's all the pants TVs, Toshiba and sharp.
Can't wait to buy my overpriced sharp or Toshiba TV.. mouth watering
The Yankee candle set will be a great gift idea for the wife. And be interesting to see how much the 55” tv goes for

Day booked off from work so I’ll no doubt buy a load of stuff I don’t need

I don't get why everyone hates the all digital version of the Xbox. It's a really good idea considering the amount of waste created by discs, it reduces that. I get that you can't put your games that you have already on disc, online. Which really is the only downfall of it, imo.

Just another attempt to control the prices of games and completely do away with 2nd hand games and borrowing a game from a friend
Edited by: "World" 21st Nov

I think that's the point. It's on sale and dirt cheap because no one wants it.
Wonder what kinda tvs people expected tesco to sell at a black Friday event...?
65" oled Samsungs?

Black Friday is about offloading cheapo tech... Like a 55" 4k TV for 400-500 quid.. Not oled tvs for 4 figures

I don't get why everyone hates the all digital version of the Xbox. It's … I don't get why everyone hates the all digital version of the Xbox. It's a really good idea considering the amount of waste created by discs, it reduces that. I get that you can't put your games that you have already on disc, online. Which really is the only downfall of it, imo.

Not being able to sell games you have completed is also a big downside.

All digital edition is good for games pass though.

I mean if you like digital games then good deal, but for me I don’t want to be paying £60 for a new game when I can get it for £40, and then sell it when I’m done with it, but that’s just me
Ok here are my predictions for the televisions
Toshiba 55 inch = £349.99
Sharp 40 inch = £249.99

What do you think?

you can't put your games that you have already on disc, online.

39054120-wZsjP.jpg
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 21st Nov

That's a really good point, didn't think of it like that

It’s not a good idea because if games went all digital Microsoft are in full control of the prices.... that game that for example is on sale in tescos for PlayStation at £48 is all digital on Microsoft store for £59.99. It’s already happening... digital games are always £8 / £10 more expensive . Plus no preowned market... Microsoft would be laughing all the way to the bank.
World21/11/2019 14:15

Just another attempt to control the prices of games and completely do away …Just another attempt to control the prices of games and completely do away with 2nd hand games and borrowing a game from a friend

Perfect for my little girl who is very much a casual gamer and will likely only play Minecraft and Sims 4 anyway. Game codes can be easy to come by on the cheap now thanks to places like this and CDKeys etc. Shame I already bought an all digital off ebay for £145 a few weeks ago. Especially with that Lidl price.

Cost of games is a key reason , despite saving a fortune in disc manufacture , packaging, transport , retailer add on costs Xbox still manage to charge considerably more for the digital download version of the same game .
Darren7721/11/2019 14:22

It’s not a good idea because if games went all digital Microsoft are in f …It’s not a good idea because if games went all digital Microsoft are in full control of the prices.... that game that for example is on sale in tescos for PlayStation at £48 is all digital on Microsoft store for £59.99. It’s already happening... digital games are always £8 / £10 more expensive . Plus no preowned market... Microsoft would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Agreed. In theory digital is better. Lower cost due to no packaging. Issue is some people have limited or no internet so it reduces the target market of you go digital only. The main reason I heard why digital is more expensive is that retailers like game would refuse to sell the games/console if online was cheaper and the manufactures still need these distribution channels as not everyone is shopping for the console online.
And again as digital is controlled, they have stopped resale and borrowing games which sucks although systems could be made to allow it. Steam does let you share pc games but their is no resale allowed for games on your account.
Digital = You can't play UHD disks. That's a big no for me
Darren7721/11/2019 14:22

It’s not a good idea because if games went all digital Microsoft are in f …It’s not a good idea because if games went all digital Microsoft are in full control of the prices.... that game that for example is on sale in tescos for PlayStation at £48 is all digital on Microsoft store for £59.99. It’s already happening... digital games are always £8 / £10 more expensive . Plus no preowned market... Microsoft would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Well no actually, they have online code cards that can also be used to redeem the get online and obviously that would have price differences in different stores. On the Xbox store, yeah Microsoft has control but not in other stores. Sure it will kill the preowned market, that is a big downfall too actually. I remember when I was a kid, I used to only buy preowned.
you_gotta_be_kidding21/11/2019 14:11

Shame it's all the pants TVs, Toshiba and sharp.

I got a sharp one in last years deals. It's been brilliant.

Not enough hard drive space. Can't share disc games between the kids.
allgonewrong21/11/2019 14:36

Not enough hard drive space. Can't share disc games between the kids.

True, but it's easy to buy more hard drives and I'm pretty sure they have cloud storage as well (correct me if I'm wrong). And yeah I guess game sharing would be impossible unless it was done digitally like for example on steam where you have family sharing.
allgonewrong21/11/2019 14:36

I got a sharp one in last years deals. It's been brilliant.

I bought my daughter a sharp one from Tesco too, a 32" smart model, it's 9 months and the biggest pile of crap I've ever used.

Takes forever to turn on, the smart functions are dire, the remote response is shocking. I'll never again buy sharp.
I got an Xbox with Forza 4 from Asda yesterday for £150. Still some available in store only.
Digital only, they can stuff it.
cbflazaro121/11/2019 14:16

Wonder what kinda tvs people expected tesco to sell at a black Friday …Wonder what kinda tvs people expected tesco to sell at a black Friday event...?65" oled Samsungs?Black Friday is about offloading cheapo tech... Like a 55" 4k TV for 400-500 quid.. Not oled tvs for 4 figures

Samsung doesn't have OLED TVs ... they are Qled and they are just normal LED
you_gotta_be_kidding21/11/2019 14:44

I bought my daughter a sharp one from Tesco too, a 32" smart model, it's 9 …I bought my daughter a sharp one from Tesco too, a 32" smart model, it's 9 months and the biggest pile of crap I've ever used. Takes forever to turn on, the smart functions are dire, the remote response is shocking. I'll never again buy sharp.

Fair enough. We've got the 49 inch one. It's connected up to the sky box / xbox so don't need any of the tvs smart functions anyway.

Maybe you should take a deep breath and admire the world around you whilst the TV turns on rather than getting all angry about it? Be cool man.
bestdeal_finder21/11/2019 15:02

Samsung doesn't have OLED TVs ... they are Qled and they are just normal …Samsung doesn't have OLED TVs ... they are Qled and they are just normal LED

Not my point.
allgonewrong21/11/2019 15:03

Fair enough. We've got the 49 inch one. It's connected up to the sky box / …Fair enough. We've got the 49 inch one. It's connected up to the sky box / xbox so don't need any of the tvs smart functions anyway.Maybe you should take a deep breath and admire the world around you whilst the TV turns on rather than getting all angry about it? Be cool man.

Lol, I'm not getting angry over a TV. What a very strange reply. I'm guessing you're one of those people that don't like to be wrong!

I do however appreciate quality, and sharp TVs ain't it. LG, Samsung, some Sony and Panasonic and even some hisense nowadays make fantastic TVs.
cbflazaro121/11/2019 15:03

Not my point.

There will be plenty of top the range TVs on offer.
you_gotta_be_kidding21/11/2019 15:06

Lol, I'm not getting angry over a TV. What a very strange reply. I'm …Lol, I'm not getting angry over a TV. What a very strange reply. I'm guessing you're one of those people that don't like to be wrong!I do however appreciate quality, and sharp TVs ain't it. LG, Samsung, some Sony and Panasonic and even some hisense nowadays make fantastic TVs.

No, no. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
39054835-SLR9V.jpgA little easier to read in B&W with the sharpness turned up. Still nothing to write home about.
bestdeal_finder21/11/2019 15:10

There will be plenty of top the range TVs on offer.

For no less than they been available across the year.

99% of black Friday deals aren't no cheaper than what you could get those items elsewhere
cbflazaro121/11/2019 15:15

For no less than they been available across the year.99% of black Friday …For no less than they been available across the year.99% of black Friday deals aren't no cheaper than what you could get those items elsewhere

We will see ...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants