Expired

Tesco Boost Vouchers - Do they show your name when exchanging?

Found 14th Nov 2013
I would like to exchange some Tesco vouchers in the Tesco Boost scheme. My wife has £40 in vouchers to exchange and I have £20 to exchange. I've tried ordering a Hudl in the boost scheme by adding both sets of vouchers together for the required £60, but Tesco will not let me add the vouchers together as it says the vouchers are linked to a different account.

I was thinking of exchanging the vouchers separately for an instore purchase, but can anyone confirm if the person's name is printed on the boost vouchers? Really don't want to exchange the vouchers in the separate accounts if it means that I cannot combine the two sets of vouchers for one instore purchase.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

Clubcard Boost at Tesco tokens have no cash value, no change given, are … Clubcard Boost at Tesco tokens have no cash value, no change given, are valid for 6 months from the date of issuance and must be used in conjunction with your Clubcard.

Tied to individual clubcard sadly so it would not work.
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. Kind of thought they may be, but was hoping that if they didn't have the account name on the vouchers, I could go into the store with the boost vouchers and use them altogether.

Looks like I'll have to exchange the £40 vouchers into £80 boost vouchers and pay the extra £40 in cash for the Hudl
I don't get why you use separate cards to start with.
Original Poster
Alway had separate accounts - years ago it used to pay to have separate accounts as there were regular options to add e-voucher 1000 point codes to online shopping orders to boost points. By having separate accounts you could claim 1000 points on each account for two different orders

Those days are long gone as Tesco put a stop to the multi sharing of codes and now invariably link most e-voucher codes to a specific account, so it doesn't pay to have separate accounts anymore...
DAMNOME

I don't get why you use separate cards to start with.

On that point, OP why don't you use the clubcard points you already have and then go onto one of the clubcard accounts to order some more duplicate cards and fobs for the whole family and move to using just one account.
Original Poster
Astec123

On that point, OP why don't you use the clubcard points you already have … On that point, OP why don't you use the clubcard points you already have and then go onto one of the clubcard accounts to order some more duplicate cards and fobs for the whole family and move to using just one account.

Yep, will be doing that now as this has pushed me into making that decision. Never exchanged vouchers into boost before - we've only ever used them to exchange into cinema vouchers, restaurants etc - never had a problem before in using both mine and the wife's accounts together. In fact only about a month ago I used some of my vouchers and the wife's to order some pizza hut vouchers. Tesco allowed me to use voucher codes for mine and hers on the same order. This is the first time that I've come to exchange into boost and it won't let me use them together.
We used vouchers from two separate accounts to boost and bought a hudl. Was in-store though
Original Poster
quine

We used vouchers from two separate accounts to boost and bought a hudl. … We used vouchers from two separate accounts to boost and bought a hudl. Was in-store though

Hmmm, now I am confused! Interesting. I think I will ring Tesco in the morning to clarify and make sure they will accept. Thanks for the info
I have also used vouchers from 2 separate accounts! When they change them at customer services into the till vouchers anyone can use them, it doesn't have to be specific to your clubcard =] But you will need the clubcard for the right vouchers at the time of the exchange to till vouchers =]
Can you not get an new card and link the two old accounts to it?
We just got a hudl using mine and my husband's vouchers together. I went into my account and boosted mine then added the serial numbers of his and boosted the lot together. ~then printed the boost vouchers off and bought a hudl from our local Tesco.
Original Poster
Susannah

We just got a hudl using mine and my husband's vouchers together. I went … We just got a hudl using mine and my husband's vouchers together. I went into my account and boosted mine then added the serial numbers of his and boosted the lot together. ~then printed the boost vouchers off and bought a hudl from our local Tesco.

I did try again to do this, but for some reason it won't let me add the serial numbers from my wife's vouchers into my account and vice versa, weird. I've just called Tesco and they are combining both accounts and it will allow me to use both sets of vouchers on the one account. They said it will take up to 48 hours to take effect and we can both carry on using our existing clubcards as any new points accumulated get added to the one account.

Thanks for the advice from everyone, much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants