Tesco Brand - Cod Fish Fingers - Hearty Food Co - 69p

Posted 4th Jan
Great price for the Tesco branded fish fingers, usually £1.20 for 10. Now 69p! In-store at Birmingham Swan and Online
Community Updates

Groups

19 Comments
fish fingers made from cod mince, the fishing equivalent of MRM yuk, no thanks, not at any price.
Are these minced or fillet?
qasim.rasul04/01/2020 15:43

Are these minced or fillet?

Product Description

10 Skinless and boneless fish fingers made from cod mince (Gadus morhua), coated in breadcrumb.

Sherbat04/01/2020 15:55

Product Description10 Skinless and boneless fish fingers made from cod …Product Description10 Skinless and boneless fish fingers made from cod mince (Gadus morhua), coated in breadcrumb.

Thanks for the info. For us its got to be fillet even if it's Whitefish or Pollock.
Thats the cheap brand of Tesco items so not usually £1.20.
For the money, I found these very tasty and lovely, white fish. I've had much worse. Even some Findus ones are a bit 'grey' and not as tasty. I think this is the standard price though - not a reduced one? It's a rebrand from their "basics" range...

Update: After thinking about this thread, got a hankering, so had some with my dinner in a butty. Lovely as usual. I get the more 'discerning' diner wouldn't touch these but for 69p - it's still fish, tastes fine (to me anyway, and that's all that matters) and goes into the same 'tank' as everything else!
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 5th Jan
I like these more then the top brands 🤷
it's basically rebranded Tesco value range.
I’m pretty sure these have always been this price?
This is the standard price for these. I think you are muddling up the versions

I don't like the taste of these. The Sainsburys low price equivilent are much nicer
Great for the cat
I’m pretty sure they’ve been this price for a quite some time.....

I’ve tried these and you get what you pay for.

Not for me. It’s minced fish which is a big no no for me (unless i’m making fish cakes from scratch using fish fillets).

Also very oily unpleasant taste : S
AMaky04/01/2020 16:24

it's basically rebranded Tesco value range.

That's exactly what they are. Pretty sure all the Tesco value range never used to get posted as much as the rebranded tesco products.

Consequently, it's doing exactly what Tesco rebranded them to do...
They have never been £1.20 all thier hearty food product have been 65 - 69p since they introduced them a few years back...no deal here...
Wouldn't eat that junk for money.
Thoughtful04/01/2020 15:36

fish fingers made from cod mince, the fishing equivalent of MRM yuk, no …fish fingers made from cod mince, the fishing equivalent of MRM yuk, no thanks, not at any price.

Yep along the lines of mechanically reclaimed chicken no doubt
I bought a pack of these "hearty food co" 4 bean+cheese melt that contained in total 3 beans ,oh the irony tesco.com/gro…350 utter garbage.
qasim.rasul04/01/2020 16:10

Thanks for the info. For us its got to be fillet even if it's Whitefish or …Thanks for the info. For us its got to be fillet even if it's Whitefish or Pollock.

Lidl and Aldi are reasonably priced and quite nice I think they are £1.35 for 15.
These are rank. Threw mine away and I'm not even a fussy eater
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions