Groups

Tesco Broadband & Homephone sold to TalkTalk - Closing 43 stores. Not opening 49 planned stores. Closing its staff pension scheme

Tesco is closing 43 stores, not opening 49 planned stores, closing its staff pension scheme, making £250m of cuts, reducing overheads by 30 percent and selling off its broadband, home phone and TV services to TalkTalk.

TalkTalk has confirmed 75,000 broadband and 20,000 home phone Tesco customers will be moved to its network over the coming months, while the 400,000 active Blinkbox customer accounts are now owned by TalkTalk.

The sale was finalized this morning 08/01/2015.

Tesco remains committed to its mobile business, and there are no plans to sell off this asset. It seems Tesco Mobile customers are not affected.

9 Comments

They are still making millions of pounds profit tho.

Don't be worried..

Mobile services must be viable for them.

Original Poster

athunder

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/tesco-sold-blinkbox-talk-talk-2112125http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/tesco-close-43-stores-cancels-plans-for-49-planned-stores-2112238

Lol X) I'm only 8 hours too late...

their sim only plans are really good value. hope this won't mean the end of that.

mutley1

their sim only plans are really good value. hope this won't mean the end … their sim only plans are really good value. hope this won't mean the end of that.

If that goes to TalkTalk, then I'm out of there

grooty

If that goes to TalkTalk, then I'm out of there

from the OP's post, it has already gone to talk talk, so you best get your coat.

Original Poster

mutley1

from the OP's post, it has already gone to talk talk, so you best get … from the OP's post, it has already gone to talk talk, so you best get your coat.

Read again, quite the opposite.

Da11as

Read again, quite the opposite.

phew...the mobile stays with them.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767255
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions