Tesco click and collect

Posted 6th Jun
I was able to get click and collect for free in April but it seems they are all chargeable now.

Anyone else still seeing free click and collect slots for your local tesco stores or have they made them all chargeable now?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
They often have free slots available, all the time really. Normally they are the earliest time or latest time in my area.
There were free slots available when I have been looking everyday for the last week or two but each time I decided to go out to shop myself. It is a bit of exercise & also you can look for the offers & the best thing is that my tesco extra is dead from about 4pm everyday, so no queuing.
Willy_Wonka06/06/2020 19:33

There were free slots available when I have been looking everyday for the …There were free slots available when I have been looking everyday for the last week or two but each time I decided to go out to shop myself. It is a bit of exercise & also you can look for the offers & the best thing is that my tesco extra is dead from about 4pm everyday, so no queuing.

i was going to get a whole load of wine for hubby so i thought it would be easier to get a click and collect. they were not many slots around during the lockdown but there are more available now. they were mainly free when i looked back in April but now they all seem to be £1 or £2 at my local store.

i don't mind going into the store so much but our store has a strict policy that you must follow other people round in single file so it takes a lot longer than normal to do your shopping and you can't go around looking for offers as by the time you have followed everyone else around the shop, you just want to get out of there. you also feel pressured when you are shopping as there are people behind you waiting for you to move on, so overall a very unpleasant experience.
mutley106/06/2020 23:44

i was going to get a whole load of wine for hubby so i thought it would be …i was going to get a whole load of wine for hubby so i thought it would be easier to get a click and collect. they were not many slots around during the lockdown but there are more available now. they were mainly free when i looked back in April but now they all seem to be £1 or £2 at my local store.i don't mind going into the store so much but our store has a strict policy that you must follow other people round in single file so it takes a lot longer than normal to do your shopping and you can't go around looking for offers as by the time you have followed everyone else around the shop, you just want to get out of there. you also feel pressured when you are shopping as there are people behind you waiting for you to move on, so overall a very unpleasant experience.

Welcome to June 2020. Is it really a massive deal? Just adapt your behaviour like everyone else. After you posted I looked at tesco click & collect. There were half a dozen free slots & really are you skimping over £1.00 or 50 pence to order & get what you want on time & at your convenience?

You tell us all that you are loaded. Maybe you can actually spare £1.
Willy_Wonka06/06/2020 23:48

Welcome to June 2020. Is it really a massive deal? Just adapt your …Welcome to June 2020. Is it really a massive deal? Just adapt your behaviour like everyone else. After you posted I looked at tesco click & collect. There were half a dozen free slots & really are you skimping over £1.00 or 50 pence to order & get what you want on time & at your convenience?You tell us all that you are loaded. Maybe you can actually spare £1.

if it is free, then i would rather do click and collect but if there is a charge, i would rather go instore. call me tight, but that's me!
there are no slots left now when i just looked as all the ones that were available earlier today have been taken up. i think they are popular at my local store because it is unpleasant to go inside the store.

there is never huge queues outside but the queues start inside because you have to follow other people round and you can not go past anyone, but must stay behind them. even if the aisle is huge!

i don't think they are offering free slots at my local store anymore, so i wondered if this is a nationwide policy or whether it is just my store. it would appear that it is my store and not nationwide.
mutley106/06/2020 23:56

if it is free, then i would rather do click and collect but if there is a …if it is free, then i would rather do click and collect but if there is a charge, i would rather go instore. call me tight, but that's me!there are no slots left now when i just looked as all the ones that were available earlier today have been taken up. i think they are popular at my local store because it is unpleasant to go inside the store.there is never huge queues outside but the queues start inside because you have to follow other people round and you can not go past anyone, but must stay behind them. even if the aisle is huge!i don't think they are offering free slots at my local store anymore, so i wondered if this is a nationwide policy or whether it is just my store. it would appear that it is my store and not nationwide.

Not calling you anything. BUT there are worse things to worry about. Hurt Locker is on BBC1 right now for example.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants