Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Tesco club card plus £7.99 p/m

Groups

Top comments
I worked for Tesco for 11 years, used my colleague discount of 10% all the time and did 90% of my shopping there. They scrapped Tesco Direct and then stopped the discount on booze shortly before I left and as a result I started using it less. When I did leave and lost the 10% discount I realised very quickly that the freedom of shopping wherever meant I saved as much as the 10% elsewhere anyway in the long run. I now shop at Tesco about 20% of the time and would not dream of paying for a discount on 2 shops there now.

So not for me.

However if you do at least 2 big shops a month at Tesco anyway then this will save you money. All down to personal circumstance.
6 Comments
I worked for Tesco for 11 years, used my colleague discount of 10% all the time and did 90% of my shopping there. They scrapped Tesco Direct and then stopped the discount on booze shortly before I left and as a result I started using it less. When I did leave and lost the 10% discount I realised very quickly that the freedom of shopping wherever meant I saved as much as the 10% elsewhere anyway in the long run. I now shop at Tesco about 20% of the time and would not dream of paying for a discount on 2 shops there now.

So not for me.

However if you do at least 2 big shops a month at Tesco anyway then this will save you money. All down to personal circumstance.
Loyalty programme of any kind - stores, airline miles, etc - are a handcuff. This fee based programme is likely an attempt to also copy Costco which actually makes its profits mostly on membership fees. No different than gyms which launch spectacular annual contract offers in December knowing that most people will stop by February or March.
No, I never shop at Tesco even though I have a large store 500 yards from my home,
Is it worth it though to people like myself who only have a Tesco within 50 miles.
No interest to me I prefer to shop around for the bargains going to different stores each week depending on what I want and whats on offer. May be suitable for some loyal Tesco Shoppers thou
so you can only claim your 10% back from in-store shops. Rules me out then. barstools
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants