Tesco club card plus

Posted 20th Feb
if ever there was a lead balloon of a shop loyalty card, Tesco club card plus wins first place £96 a year before you've saved 1p, beats MnS as a lame loyalty card. Avoid like the plague.
Community Updates

Groups

12 Comments
...and then they expire.
Number 1 - it’s only a 1 month contract so it’s not £96 before you save 1p.

Number 2 - if you spend £80+ for two weeks out of the 4 they are essentially giving you £8 a month as well as all the other benefits.

Maybe check the facts before posting propaganda
0WL20/02/2020 22:03

Number 1 - it’s only a 1 month contract so it’s not £96 before you save 1p. …Number 1 - it’s only a 1 month contract so it’s not £96 before you save 1p. Number 2 - if you spend £80+ for two weeks out of the 4 they are essentially giving you £8 a month as well as all the other benefits.Maybe check the facts before posting propaganda

Sucked into Tesco world of deceit and deception, you carry on paying you £7.99 a month if it makes you happy .....some 1 with too many loyalty cards buyer beware as they say "a fool and his / her money easily parted"
chriscundall20/02/2020 22:06

Sucked into Tesco world of deceit and deception, you carry on paying you … Sucked into Tesco world of deceit and deception, you carry on paying you £7.99 a month if it makes you happy .....some 1 with too many loyalty cards buyer beware as they say "a fool and his / her money easily parted"

Have a day off pal. Must be exhausting..
chriscundall20/02/2020 22:06

Sucked into Tesco world of deceit and deception, you carry on paying you … Sucked into Tesco world of deceit and deception, you carry on paying you £7.99 a month if it makes you happy .....some 1 with too many loyalty cards buyer beware as they say "a fool and his / her money easily parted"

Would Sir like some more tinfoil for his hat?
0WL20/02/2020 22:08

Have a day off pal. Must be exhausting..

To save 1p plus , you are paying out £7.99 + £80 + £80 should of gone to aldi...
Cakeboy7920/02/2020 22:09

Would Sir like some more tinfoil for his hat?

To save 1p plus your laying out £7.99 + £80 + £80 should of gone to aldi
chriscundall20/02/2020 22:17

To save 1p plus , you are paying out £7.99 + £80 + £80 should of gone to al …To save 1p plus , you are paying out £7.99 + £80 + £80 should of gone to aldi...

You get the 10% discount twice you know.
£8 + £8 - £7.99 doesn’t equal 1p by the way
It’s not for everyone I agree, but if you already spend over £160 a month at Tesco as I’m sure many do, it’s worth it.
It’s not the best loyalty discount, but there is saving to be made there if you do use Tesco as your main shop.

It’s a double edged sword really as if you are spending £80 in store every two weeks chances are you are over paying on some of that shopping.

The problem with it is it’s £8 a month which you would get back with one big shop so would only be breaking even. Bit of hassle just to break even. Need a lot more perks to be successful. Clubcard plus special offers maybe
10% back on 2 big grocery shops, capped at £20 per shop. If you max out the discount there that means £7.99 pay in for £32 gain per month. Not everything found in Tesco is available at Aldi/Lidl.

Plus you get the other discounts as a bonus.

It's certainly not worth it for everyone, but if you are doing a few big shops (maybe near Christmas or something) just paying for 1 month of membership is worth it.
Edited by: "jamie15" 21st Feb
Its true that its not for everyone. I know someone who is spending more than £100(other families may be spending 150+) in tesco every week and this is good for him as he's paying £7.99/m but getting £20+/m discount. I know some products are expensive at tesco than competitors but I think that covers up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants