Tesco Clubcard plus £7.99 per month launching Friday 8th November

Posted 2nd Oct
Update: Now set to Launch on 8th November
Full T&C's now available
secure.tesco.com/clu…ons

Not available yet so thought best post in misc, didn't see it in search yet. Tesco are hoping to launch by the end of the year - for a monthly fee of £7.99 you get some discounts and perks.

Seems good with the major exception of being in-store only, big negative for me as I do my shopping online.

"Today we’ve announced Clubcard Plus to customers and colleagues. Bringing together the very best of Tesco Including Tesco Stores, F&F, Tesco Bank and Tesco Mobile – a first for us in the history of Tesco!

• New Clubcard Plus gives subscribers up to four great benefits, for only £7.99 a month;
  • 10% off two big shops in-store (exclusions and limits apply) - two in-store food shops each month, so that's a £10 saving on a £100 shop, for example - and you'll be able to select when to use this perk.
  • 10% off selected Tesco Brands in-store; F&F, Fred & Flo, Go Cook, Tesco Pet, Carousel and Fox & Ivy, all the time
  • Double data from Tesco Mobile (conditions apply)
  • No foreign exchange fees abroad credit card from Tesco Bank (Over 18’s and UK residents only, subject to status. Other fees may apply)
  • Discounts can be managed via the Tesco Clubcard app but you don't need to be a Tesco Clubcard user to access Plus

To get the perks, which are available in all Tesco stores, you just need to scan a barcode on the app at the till,If you decide it's not for you, you can also cancel anytime."
Community Updates

Groups

13 Comments
Wonder if the 10% will stack with the staff discount, it does say benefits are cumulative on the staff website.
jamie1502/10/2019 15:12

Wonder if the 10% will stack with the staff discount, it does say benefits …Wonder if the 10% will stack with the staff discount, it does say benefits are cumulative on the staff website.

I believe it does, so yeah staff will get 2 shops per month with 20% discount (or 10% then another 10% = 19%), and possibly 30% (20% + 10% = 28%) during the double discount periods.

Pretty good I think, just hope they change their mind to include online shopping
athunder02/10/2019 15:17

I believe it does, so yeah staff will get 2 shops per month with 20% …I believe it does, so yeah staff will get 2 shops per month with 20% discount (or 10% then another 10% = 19%), and possibly 30% (20% + 10% = 28%) during the double discount periods.Pretty good I think, just hope they change their mind to include online shopping

I would imagine it would be 19%, if so that's worth it! No doubt the exclusions for that will be anything non-food, so no games/consoles/phones etc.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Oct
jamie1502/10/2019 15:20

I would imagine it would be 19%, if so that's worth it! No doubt the …I would imagine it would be 19%, if so that's worth it! No doubt the exclusions for that will be anything non-food, so no games/consoles/phones etc.

Yes most likely, need to wait and see what is excluded/limited. Also clothing, 20% staff discount already + 10% , so a permanent 28% saving there possibly
Can see it working well for loyal Tesco customers who also have a phone contract with them and do most of their shopping there. For the average person who shops around it likely won't be as beneficial. I do find Tesco excellent value though with a huge number of half price deals and their new value ranges, stockwell etc. I suspect there will be a trial at some point so should be able to get in a couple of big shops doing the trial.
Personally, if i had to pay a monthly sub to do my shop for abit of discount on selected items, I would go with Costco instead seeing their membership is for 12 months, also get fuel at discount price.

But generally i wouldnt ever pay a sub to a local supermarket
lamboo04/10/2019 11:33

Personally, if i had to pay a monthly sub to do my shop for abit of …Personally, if i had to pay a monthly sub to do my shop for abit of discount on selected items, I would go with Costco instead seeing their membership is for 12 months, also get fuel at discount price.But generally i wouldnt ever pay a sub to a local supermarket

Well, with Costco you have no choice tho right?
You don't "have" to pay this monthly subscription, it's an option, and would pay for itself with 2 monthly shops over £40 each
Anything over £40 would be an extra saving + the other benefits if you can use them
Only shop weekly online as its free delivery (using clubcard points)
What a load of firstly from tesco for this
and then this website for hiding it away under "Retailer offers"
so you can only claim your 10% back from in-store shops. Rules me out then. barstools
Wongy11029/10/2019 22:40

What a load of firstly from tesco for thisand then this website …What a load of firstly from tesco for thisand then this website for hiding it away under "Retailer offers"

It should be in retailer offers. If someone posted Prime membership as a deal it would be put here.
jamie1507/11/2019 18:34

It should be in retailer offers. If someone posted Prime membership as a …It should be in retailer offers. If someone posted Prime membership as a deal it would be put here.

not exactly true, as that gets posted every year on prime day
but this was originally in Misc as it wasn't fully released when I posted it

full T&C's now available
secure.tesco.com/clu…ons

As expected, electricals and most non food items are excluded(except for the always 10% off own branded items like F&F)

Good new(for me) is alcohol is not excluded, so I'm probably gonna sign up, do 2 big shops on booze/household items, then cancel. Wait till i run low and repeat. If they change to allow online orders I'd keep it going but for now thats not happening.
athunder07/11/2019 18:45

not exactly true, as that gets posted every year on prime daybut this was …not exactly true, as that gets posted every year on prime daybut this was originally in Misc as it wasn't fully released when I posted itfull T&C's now availablehttps://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/help/cc-plus-terms-conditionsAs expected, electricals and most non food items are excluded(except for the always 10% off own branded items like F&F)Good new(for me) is alcohol is not excluded, so I'm probably gonna sign up, do 2 big shops on booze/household items, then cancel. Wait till i run low and repeat. If they change to allow online orders I'd keep it going but for now thats not happening.

Next year if it gets posted again it would be moved. New rules were introduced after Prime Day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants