Tesco Clubcard Vouchers set to expire - Check yours now!

EDITOR 34
Posted 11th Feb
In case you weren't aware, Tesco periodically expires any unused clubcard vouchers. The next cull is for the end of this month, on the 29th to be exact, and Tesco have said there's millions of clubcard points still to be used, equivalent to 650,000 weekly shops!

It's also worth noting if you redeem these points with a clubcard partner, of which there are 150, you can triple the reward amount, saving you £££'s at places such as Pizza Express or Thorpe Park.

Misplaced paper vouchers can be checked via the Tesco Clubcard App;

iOS
Google Play

Want to do it on the web? go Here and select Clubcard Account

Remember to have your clubcard handy to sign in!

I had a quick look myself and realised I had a £3 voucher I missed, so that will go towards the next food shop

3404760.jpg
Drop a comment in if you have any success in finding some old vouchers before they expire
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
I gave my last lot away to a friend that lost his job just before Christmas, £180 worth of Tesco's vouchers
34 Comments
August expiry on a couple of mine
I had a couple of large £20+ voucher's expiring end of the month, so ordered 2 Cineworld tickets to see David Copperfield film, using each large voucher for each ticket, remaining balances should be added to account soon.
Thanks. I was meaning to do this and forgot. I think I have some that expire later this month. Will look now. Lost loads over the years forgetting.

I have.
Edited by: "xenophon" 11th Feb
Great post, thanks for the headsup.
None of mine expire until November
I gave my last lot away to a friend that lost his job just before Christmas, £180 worth of Tesco's vouchers
I convert mine into Avios points. That way they don’t go to waste.
Thanks for the info. Just wondering if anyone has any clubcard vouchers that they want to sell, willing to pay 1.5 times the value in cash.
Many thanks
thanks for the reminder I also convert to Avios, just about to have £3 expire so appreciate the post!
Logistics196813/02/2020 20:06

I gave my last lot away to a friend that lost his job just before …I gave my last lot away to a friend that lost his job just before Christmas, £180 worth of Tesco's vouchers

Unable to like your comment but very thoughtful of you.
Jase7913/02/2020 22:13

Unable to like your comment but very thoughtful of you.

Thank you Jase79
Just check the year. Mine is valid till 28.02.2022, which is 2 years from now.
I haven't checked mine in ages hope they haven't expired. To tired to check now.
Tesco usually email before they expire. Make sure your email address is up to date in contacts.

I gave my last lot away to a friend that lost his job just before …I gave my last lot away to a friend that lost his job just before Christmas, £180 worth of Tesco's vouchers

Why didn’t you give them £180 cash then they could go to Sainsbury’s and Waitrose etc.
milko13/02/2020 22:42

Why didn’t you give them £180 cash then they could go to Sainsbury’s and Wa …Why didn’t you give them £180 cash then they could go to Sainsbury’s and Waitrose etc.

Because him & his wife shop at Tesco's & they can also use the vouchers to get fuel with
Tesco are expensive, I went in there and saw a lot items upto 50% more than other shops!
Edited by: "SlimeRancher" 13th Feb
I use mine within a week of getting them.
SlimeRancher13/02/2020 23:41

Tesco are expensive, I went in there and saw a lot items upto 50% more …Tesco are expensive, I went in there and saw a lot items upto 50% more than other shops!

I'm assuming you are looking at branded items. For the cheap own brand they are very cheap. I use them every fortnight and pay 40 quid for my shopping.
SlimeRancher13/02/2020 23:41

Tesco are expensive, I went in there and saw a lot items upto 50% more …Tesco are expensive, I went in there and saw a lot items upto 50% more than other shops!

Sainsbury’s I find the most expensive then ASDA then Tesco but that’s mainly due to family’s staff discount.

Morrisons I’d say is in between ASDA and Tesco price wise
xenophon11/02/2020 18:45

Thanks. I was meaning to do this and forgot. I think I have some that …Thanks. I was meaning to do this and forgot. I think I have some that expire later this month. Will look now. Lost loads over the years forgetting.I have.

On a couple of occasions, mine have expired and I called the clubcard helpline and they were more than happy to help - i.e. they will take the £3 expired voucher and add £3 worth of points to your current quarter so the clock re-starts on that voucher.
I used to love the clubcard scheme and usually ended up scaling up to use in the Tesco Direct electricals/homeware stuff - but they've completely gutted the scheme now...

I'm got about £350 of vouchers to use but pretty ambivalent about what to spend it on...sure there are a few restaurant chains that come in handy but other than that it's pretty sparce.
Only a £1.50 one that I was planning on just throwing onto Uber credit, but that partnership seems to have ended, looks like it will have to be used on a shop instead.
avid.fan14/02/2020 09:59

I used to love the clubcard scheme and usually ended up scaling up to use …I used to love the clubcard scheme and usually ended up scaling up to use in the Tesco Direct electricals/homeware stuff - but they've completely gutted the scheme now...I'm got about £350 of vouchers to use but pretty ambivalent about what to spend it on...sure there are a few restaurant chains that come in handy but other than that it's pretty sparce.

Turn them into Hotels.com vouchers at 3x and have a holiday. Max £250 that's £750 towards accommodation!
I watched Martin Lewis on This Morning talking about this and he said you can go in to Tesco and part pay with your vouchers to recieve new ones with a longer date. I work in a Tesco Express store and can say this isn't true. There is no facility for us to issue vouchers to anyone and the tills will not let you part pay with a voucher, it's the whole amount or nothing. Some big stores may have these facilities, but it's unlikely, hopefully someone else can confirm.

One thing you could do is buy a Tesco (or other brand) gift card and use the vouchers to pay, if you wanted to save their value for a later date, or ring customer services and see what they can do for you. I know they allow people to save all of their points for Christmas instead of automatically exchanging them for vouchers.
Edited by: "Hamster_Botherer" 14th Feb

A friend in need is a friend indeed! Well done - that's a wonderful gesture
Thank you Vishy01234
I also gave my last lot away to a friend that lost his job just before Christmas, £181 worth of Tesco's vouchers
Thanks for the reminder.

In the past I've bought rac membership using the vouchers but still felt it was overpriced.

I think they are now partners with Nowtv so you can buy passes using the vouchers.
avid.fan14/02/2020 09:59

I used to love the clubcard scheme and usually ended up scaling up to use …I used to love the clubcard scheme and usually ended up scaling up to use in the Tesco Direct electricals/homeware stuff - but they've completely gutted the scheme now...I'm got about £350 of vouchers to use but pretty ambivalent about what to spend it on...sure there are a few restaurant chains that come in handy but other than that it's pretty sparce.

350! Why not just get your shopping for free?

I get like £2 per quarter, £2.50 if lucky. It just goes on my next fortnight shop.
"Tesco periodically expires any unused clubcard vouchers."

I don't understand this. Unused or expired?

The way you have written suggests Tesco void vouchers before their expiration date, surely that can not be the case. Are you saying my vouchers with expiration date in August 2020 will be removed by Tesco at the end of this month because they have been unused since issue in 2018? Then what is the point of the expiration date? What is the definition of "unused"?

Or are you saying they only cull those that have already expired once in a while. But in this case they are already expired so can't be used anyway even if they still appear under the account.
elixeh16/02/2020 17:41

"Tesco periodically expires any unused clubcard vouchers." I don't …"Tesco periodically expires any unused clubcard vouchers." I don't understand this. Unused or expired? The way you have written suggests Tesco void vouchers before their expiration date, surely that can not be the case. Are you saying my vouchers with expiration date in August 2020 will be removed by Tesco at the end of this month because they have been unused since issue in 2018? Then what is the point of the expiration date? What is the definition of "unused"?Or are you saying they only cull those that have already expired once in a while. But in this case they are already expired so can't be used anyway even if they still appear under the account.

I think they are just stating that vouchers expire. They wouldn't expire any before said date.
I just got a £2 voucher I have 2 years to use it. I mean I'll use it in a weeks time but still....2 years is plenty to buy something.
Thanks for posting this, three of my vouchers (£18) expire in 10days. I would have lost them as I leave my vouchers to mount up.
stingersplash16/02/2020 21:14

I think they are just stating that vouchers expire. They wouldn't expire …I think they are just stating that vouchers expire. They wouldn't expire any before said date.I just got a £2 voucher I have 2 years to use it. I mean I'll use it in a weeks time but still....2 years is plenty to buy something.

Ok thanks I thought there was something different about to happen due to the sensationalist title. Yes vouchers are issued every few months and expire 2 years after issue.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants