Tesco Debit Card

Posted 19th May
Is anyone else having trouble using their Tesco debit card?

Mine was declined at Tesco online shopping a week ago and again today.

There is money in the account so I don’t know why it’s happened to me twice and both with Tesco online shopping.

I’m probably going to have to call them but just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
May have reached the contactless limit
I have a Tesco credit card but have not any problems as of late. Did you call up customer services?
MildmanneredCalvin19/05/2020 20:38

I have a Tesco credit card but have not any problems as of late. Did you …I have a Tesco credit card but have not any problems as of late. Did you call up customer services?

No, I plan to do that tomorrow. It’s frustrating that it’s happened twice now. I might try it on something else before I call them just to see if it’s just Tesco groceries that it’s having trouble with.
XSerenityX19/05/2020 20:42

No, I plan to do that tomorrow. It’s frustrating that it’s happened twice n …No, I plan to do that tomorrow. It’s frustrating that it’s happened twice now. I might try it on something else before I call them just to see if it’s just Tesco groceries that it’s having trouble with.

Is it your main debit card?
XSerenityX19/05/2020 20:56

No I rarely use it on anything but Tesco shopping.

Sounds highly unusual. It hasn't been linked to any suspicious activity? I mean in the sense that perhaps somebody else tried to fraudulently use it to pay for something? Sounds like it potentially may be on lock down, but you should try and see if it works with other retailers to be sure.
Sounds like it may have been blocked and you have to call them to unblock it. I had this a couple of times with credit cards in the past.
Thanks everyone. I’m going to call them later.
Try it in an ATM to see if it's blocked . Good idea to phone them though. Handy to have a couple of details ready for security if you phone them - they've asked me about a recent purchase to verify identity.
Thanks for all your replies. It appears it was blocked but for online purchases only but it’s all been reset now so should work properly now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions