Tesco Direct closing down 9th july .......

Found 12th Jun
i love F& F click & collect buy lots on line really gonna miss them Why they stopping sale s ???
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
mutley17 h, 31 m ago

As far as I understand, they are only closing the website. They are still …As far as I understand, they are only closing the website. They are still going to seek the stuff, but through the main Tesco website instead. Or have I misunderstood?

Unsurprisingly, you've misunderstood
16 Comments
Have you been under a rock for the past fortnight?? Deals galore been on here
As far as I understand, they are only closing the website. They are still going to seek the stuff, but through the main Tesco website instead. Or have I misunderstood?
mutley17 h, 31 m ago

As far as I understand, they are only closing the website. They are still …As far as I understand, they are only closing the website. They are still going to seek the stuff, but through the main Tesco website instead. Or have I misunderstood?

mutley18 h, 55 m ago

You may well be right, a Tesco Direct is a multi channelling mechanism. The same products,albeit a much small subset will still be in Tesco Extra. But I am not sure since I rarely go to Tesco superstore.
I thought they were just keeping the F&F range of stuff?
karlypants3 m ago

dont think so......... hope that is the case
psychobitchfromhell9 h, 27 m ago

Have you been under a rock for the past fortnight?? Deals galore been on …Have you been under a rock for the past fortnight?? Deals galore been on here

your name precedes you !
Tesco Direct is closing because they can't make a profit. Every online retailer that closes is bad news as it will increase Amazons dominance, once they have no one left to price match we'll all be paying top price.
karlypants40 m ago

F&F goods will cease to be available online after July 9, however will still be available in store albeit a very small range
Azwipe13th Jun

Tesco Direct is closing because they can't make a profit. Every online …Tesco Direct is closing because they can't make a profit. Every online retailer that closes is bad news as it will increase Amazons dominance, once they have no one left to price match we'll all be paying top price.

That's never going to happen. EU will put some anti monopoly rule just like they do with Google .... Ohh wait ....
chocci13th Jun

i just caught a news clip about the closure and the tesco representative said that they were closing the tesco direct as a separate business and bringing it into the main tesco business, i assumed that they would be selling the stuff through the main tesco website, all be it, they may take the opportunity to streamline the range of products they sell to concentrate on the more profitable lines.
splender1 h, 48 m ago

You may well be right, a Tesco Direct is a multi channelling mechanism. …You may well be right, a Tesco Direct is a multi channelling mechanism. The same products,albeit a much small subset will still be in Tesco Extra. But I am not sure since I rarely go to Tesco superstore.

when we were in spain, we visited the french chain supermarkets, carrefour, and the supermarket was built on an industrial estate. it was huge and had a section for supermarket groceries but another section for pretty much everything under the sun, from clothes to electrical to car tyres. i didn't even bother to browse that area as it was so big and we were there for groceries.

i thought tesco is going to that model where the supermarket also sells all the tesco direct products like carrefour does.
Azwipe13th Jun

Tesco Direct is closing because they can't make a profit. Every online …Tesco Direct is closing because they can't make a profit. Every online retailer that closes is bad news as it will increase Amazons dominance, once they have no one left to price match we'll all be paying top price.

Aliexpress, T-mall and Taobao are on their way, to take a slice off Amazon.
UK used to be a nation of shopkeepers but unfortunately online has changed everything and now we have pretty much foreign companies importing foreign goods and use foreign services like netflix etc with little money left in the UK. With a huge trade deficit and mounting debt we will become significantly poorer as a country in a few years sadly. Critical services like the Police, NHS etc will become much worse as budgets are constantly cut. It seems like we need to have a massive economic meltdown before people and politicians realise we need to rethink our economy and focus on making money rather than spending money we haven't got.

Unfortunately for Tesco they pay tax in the UK so have a massive disadvantage compared to companies like Amazon that minimise the tax they pay by registering their tax location as a low tax country within Europe.

You wonder if Tesco should have waited until Brexit was implemented and Amazon may be forced to pay full tax within the UK. No doubt Amazon could still subsidise their UK operations to remove competition like Tesco Direct even after Brexit but still the Amazon advantage would have been reduced.

Constantly borrowing money to keep an economy turning over at a high level seems a poor decision. Not borrowing money allowing services to drop significantly and paying back debt seems more logical then people understand their actions more clearly. If I give all my money to someone else I soon realise the error of that decision when I can't buy anything myself.

Anyway a shame to see Tesco Direct close but no doubt we will see many more such closures over the coming years.

en.wikipedia.org/wik…GDP
aw082 h, 51 m ago

your name precedes you !

On the contrary. I preceded the name by a good forty years
deleted396333
They're going out of business because of the losses made due to glitches posted on here.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions