Tesco Direct complaints to Watchdog.

Found 9th Sep 2012
I was wondering whether many people complained about Tesco Directs recent order cancellations of 'mispriced' items.

I know people will say 'get over it' but I am a bit peeved that some people had their orders honoured and others did not. I am also peeved about the fact that money was taken from my account. I ordered a boombox and a pair of headphones, both cancelled!

I went past Tesco earlier today and gave one of their trolleys a little kick but I just dont feel like its enough....

23 Comments

'get over it'.

They use Yodel ! that's a good enough reason to complain !

3 blooming days wasted this week waiting for an item to be delivered - arrived on Friday when it wasn't supposed to - go figure !

Welcome to Tesco

is that last part serious lol?

Original Poster

bonn1e

They use Yodel ! that's a good enough reason to complain !3 blooming days … They use Yodel ! that's a good enough reason to complain !3 blooming days wasted this week waiting for an item to be delivered - arrived on Friday when it wasn't supposed to - go figure !

Don't get me started on yodel! Worst company in the world by far.

Original Poster

muffin247

is that last part serious lol?

Haha no not really. But I might tomorrow

Nice life you have there, full of joy & happiness that keep to busy & entertained.

Had a few orders cancelled but when they do send goods its been very good and had some really good deals and the clubcard deals are awesome. Most of the orders cancelled have been found on here so many many orders will have been made so that's factor to why they end up with out of stock items.

the money probably wasn't actually taken from your account, the amount of people who kick off over "reserved" money is laughable

cant complain, made quite a bit on ebay on those tents,karchers,sun shades,paint,suitcases.....

Some you win, some you lose.

they do actually take the money out after cancelling

Banned

If it will make you feel better then exercise your right to complain to watchdog.

But bear in mind if tesco are pressured to fix the system, It could end up with no misprices for some to benefit from.
Edited by: "slamdunkin" 9th Sep 2012

Its poor service...but.....

Paypal/ebay group deserve to be on watchdog on a weekly basis until they die off.

You gave a tesco trolley a 'little kick'.........

You sir are really the big man arent you LMAO

Every Tittle Helps

They do take the money as I`ve had a few cancelled but it does go back in a few days later. Have to say I do get a little annoyed as most other companys do not process the order until the item is dispached.

tinkerbell28

Tesco do actually debit the money straight away. Not just reserve it. It … Tesco do actually debit the money straight away. Not just reserve it. It does physically leave your bank.However. I don't get the upset. Especially for known miss prices. I also think any good deal, which is flagged on here, by generating mass orders, also seem to get cancelled.Just don't vote the deals hot or order. If it bothers you.

This right here.

It's not the emails about orders or miss-prices that gets the order cancelled, it's the mass amount of orders and the boosted traffic/purchases of that specific item that flags it up.

Some people just don't understand this.

Also are you sure people actually got theirs?
There are a lot of liars online........

I went past Tesco earlier today and gave one of their trolleys a little kick but I just dont feel like its enough....

I did complain to Watchdog at the time Tesco did it to me. But in the end when they eventually reimbursed me they gave me extra back. Even though they were at pains to categorically state that they do not give compensation.

Its a real gamble if ordering through them though. After the hassle I received I wouldnt automatically choose to buy from them unless the price made the gamble a worthwhile option.

Looks like this mite be on watchdog tonight

I ordered a galaxy note 2 from Tesco direct about 12 days back, it was meant to be "click and collect" from my local Tesco next day delivery. Went to my local store the next day and the day after and on my fourth days visit, found out that the courier lost my phone. It was disappointing but Tesco assured me that they will get the phone to me the next day, so I went back to the store as promised to pick up my second time ordered phone. Two days later found out it was damaged while on transit, called Tesco direct as before they apologised and reordered my phone for the third time, this time with a different courier. Guess what? They lost the phone!! I was getting totally frustrated calling them over and over again, so a customer service manager took my contact and promised she will personally follow up on my order until it reaches me. Fair enough, reordered it for the fourth time, she did follow up and called me the day it was meant to be delivered. I had my fingers crossed, waited the whole day only to find out it was delivered but not in the store but at an address that don't exist!! Called direct and as usual apologies but this time they refused to reorder it and offered my money back. So at the end of the day, I got my money back, wasted 12 days running to the store and calling 0844 customer service number, and 17 apology emails. Tesco direct, I have no words to say how I feel about the service I have received.

ryan1234

I ordered a galaxy note 2 from Tesco direct about 12 days back, it was … I ordered a galaxy note 2 from Tesco direct about 12 days back, it was meant to be "click and collect" from my local Tesco next day delivery. Went to my local store the next day and the day after and on my fourth days visit, found out that the courier lost my phone. It was disappointing but Tesco assured me that they will get the phone to me the next day, so I went back to the store as promised to pick up my second time ordered phone. Two days later found out it was damaged while on transit, called Tesco direct as before they apologised and reordered my phone for the third time, this time with a different courier. Guess what? They lost the phone!! I was getting totally frustrated calling them over and over again, so a customer service manager took my contact and promised she will personally follow up on my order until it reaches me. Fair enough, reordered it for the fourth time, she did follow up and called me the day it was meant to be delivered. I had my fingers crossed, waited the whole day only to find out it was delivered but not in the store but at an address that don't exist!! Called direct and as usual apologies but this time they refused to reorder it and offered my money back. So at the end of the day, I got my money back, wasted 12 days running to the store and calling 0844 customer service number, and 17 apology emails. Tesco direct, I have no words to say how I feel about the service I have received.

If I was you and you want to continue to attempt to buy this phone from Tesco I would try delivery to either a different address or different store in the hope that you will encounter different people in the delivery cycle.

After all that it may be best if you send a letter of complaint directly to someone at the top of the organisation. Thrown in a few names of people you have been dealing with.
Edited by: "WoolyM" 1st Nov 2012

Tesco Direct must be the most incompetent company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.
I exchanged £10 of my Clubcard vouchers in their latest Exchange event, so decided to use the £20 towards a Christmas gift for my grand-daughter.
I tried to purchase the gift online, but the delivery address I wished to use wasn't on the Tesco Direct database, so I had to phone the order through.
Bearing in mind, I am calling from Spain - it costs a fortune to call an 0845 number (even using Skype, it is 9.2p per minute). This whole call took 35 minutes.
I gave them the catalogue number and they took all the relevant information, including the four voucher numbers.
The balance of the cost - £12.99 - was to be taken from my credit card (which incidentally, is a Tesco credit card......)
I received an email confirmation, stating that the £12.99 would show on my card.
Imagine my amazement, when today I checked my Tesco credit card statement online, to see that I have been charged £52.99, which is the total amount of the chosen Christmas gift.
So, with the original vouchers, I have been cheated out of £20, but with the exchanged vouchers, I have been cheated out of £40.
I am just SO angry.
I have emailed Tesco Direct as I am reluctant to spend yet more money calling them on their 0845 number. I wonder when I shall receive a reply.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants