TESCO DIRECT DELIVERY CHARGE

7 replies
Found 11th May 2009
Used to get free delivery to home for over £50 I think it was. Just ordered stuff for a relative tonight, £58 but £5 delivery on top. Seems the charge applies no matter how much you spend. If delivered to store, free if over £25.

Came as a bit of a shock because have ordered lots for home delivery before and all free.

No voucher codes about for Tesco Direct either.

7 Comments

I've noticed this,,,Voted with my feet,,,

I thought they always charged for delivery unless you had a promo code.

Original Poster

Nope, am sure it was free over £50

Ordered lots at Xmas, no delivery charge.

......not this year

Add a Tesco PAYG Sim card and that will give you free delivery. Return the simcard at the store if you dont want to keep it.

Original Poster

Thank you...........but sometimes life is really just too short, especially when I was ordering for a relative

iglimpse;5185809

Nope, am sure it was free over £50Ordered lots at Xmas, no delivery … Nope, am sure it was free over £50Ordered lots at Xmas, no delivery charge.......not this year

Must be a local thing then because there has always been a delivery charge where I am. That said i never paid for it because I always used to get at least a £5 off code for orders over £50, but they now seem to be as rare as hen's teeth. It was when I couldn't get any vouchers I turned to the supermarket comparison website and found that I could get all my stuff from Asda for much less, usually about £20 less, AND I could find free delivery codes.

Original Poster

I think there has always been a charge for food deliveries but I was talking about Tesco Direct.

Amazon had the item for the same price........so Tesco lose out.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration913
    2. EA shuts down Visceral Games.56
    3. word association Game74244871
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826

See more discussions