Groups

Tesco direct fault item policy

I bought fryer from tesco a few months ago, and yesterday, there was loads of smoke coming out when I tried to heat the oil. It's still within 1 year guarantee, can I have a refund as I don't want to buy the same item again, because it's no good and they don't have many other choices that I can have it exchange.
    Thanks

15 Comments

is it one of them Tefal ones that u only use one spoonful of fat?

they prob will give you a refund tho they could have it repaired if they liked but tesco dont tend to do this

Call them - they're customer service is usually quite good. 0845 600 4411

Original Poster

bossyboots;7604122

is it one of them Tefal ones that u only use one spoonful of fat?

no, it;s this one
    direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-0551.aspx[/url

don
    t recommend anybody to buy it tho.. it's messy.

Original Poster

I bought it instore, and on the receipt says "if there is any fault , please return it to store along with proof of purhase and all accessories for an exchange and refund"

but then they can just say no if they like or if you deal with someone who is in a miserable mood.

Elves;7604163

no, it;s this onehttp://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-0551.aspx

reason I asked was I read about the Tefal fryers that have had many problems including going on fire.

I threw out my deep fat fryer last year - sooooooo bad for you but miss my chips!!

OP, i'm assuming the faulty fryer was as cheap as chips

You can't take it instore after 30 days and get a refund you will need to ring the tesco electrical helpline or better stI'll ring tefal. You won't get a refund just a replacement.

They should give you a full refund we've done it loads of times with all sorts of things. :thumbsup:

I saw the latest Tefal fryer today in a shopping outlet at Braintree in Essex for I think £ 140.00

Original Poster

hmm..mix responds..

renown;7604271

They should give you a full refund we've done it loads of times with all … They should give you a full refund we've done it loads of times with all sorts of things. :thumbsup:I saw the latest Tefal fryer today in a shopping outlet at Braintree in Essex for I think £ 140.00

thats probably the one am talking about. u only put in one teaspoonful of oil and u get crispy chips but been poor reviews i.e going on fire !!!

OP I reckon u will get a refund no problem

Original Poster

should give it a try..thanks all..

how do you put smiley face on quick reply box

You are not entitled to a refund but it is very likely you will be offered one. worse case ask for store credit instead of a replacement.

alternate;7608995

You are not entitled to a refund but it is very likely you will be … You are not entitled to a refund but it is very likely you will be offered one. worse case ask for store credit instead of a replacement.

you're wrong, i work at the customer service desk, if you have the receipt and the product develops a fault you can ask for a refund, happens all the time:thumbsup:

cribert;7609014

you're wrong, i work at the customer service desk, if you have the … you're wrong, i work at the customer service desk, if you have the receipt and the product develops a fault you can ask for a refund, happens all the time:thumbsup:

Good for you. He still is not legally entitled to a refund. It might be store policy to give one but that is different.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?22
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563823
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814510
      4. Feels weird!923

See more discussions