Tesco Direct iphones, do they lock to the first sim inserted???

Want to buy a iphone from tesco direct. Do they lock to the first sim or are they unlocked??

7 Comments

as far as I know only three, John Lewis, giffgaff and apple bought handsets are unlocked. if bought anywhere else they will network lock. put a three sim in it for the first sim- three will unlock for free and at any point- and will always be unlocked then

grantjennings12

as far as I know only three, John Lewis, giffgaff and apple bought … as far as I know only three, John Lewis, giffgaff and apple bought handsets are unlocked. if bought anywhere else they will network lock. put a three sim in it for the first sim- three will unlock for free and at any point- and will always be unlocked then

I've heard that this is outdated info and Three won't necessarily unlock an iPhone if they can see that it wasn't purchased from them. I'd personally go with JL if it's important that your iPhone is unlocked.

kkcc

I've heard that this is outdated info and Three won't necessarily unlock … I've heard that this is outdated info and Three won't necessarily unlock an iPhone if they can see that it wasn't purchased from them. I'd personally go with JL if it's important that your iPhone is unlocked.

Argos ones are unlocked now too as far as I know.

John Lewis any day.
Unlocked & 2 years warranty

I bought an I phone 6s on the last boost they did in May 16 and I've had Tesco and three sims in it, been absolutely fine.

Did you put the Three SIM in first?

aabs

John Lewis any day.Unlocked & 2 years warranty

​I think the price is what makes the ultimate choice
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Electricity68
    2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…48
    3. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)59
    4. iPhone charging cable.917

See more discussions