Tesco - Don't buy from Tesco Outlet as there "Factory Testing" is a wee bit dubious....

Found 20th Aug 2012
With reference to this deal that was posted last week...

hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…e=2

Received one of these "bargains" today - and have wrote Tesco's CEO a wee email to tell him what I think......(I turned on the laptop to see the top half of the screen looking nice and white (as it was obviously damaged) and the bottom half of the screen flickering like the laptop was having a fit! - But apparently these laptops are FACTORY TESTED....so that lead me to a theory, which provided the basis for my DEAR PHILIP email below.....

Dear Philip,

Apparently the refurbished Laptop I bought from your Tesco Outlet on Ebay was factory tested.

Well I have one suggestion for you, the PG Tips monkeys that you've obviously hired for this position

are getting on a bit and their eyesight maybe isn't what it used to be (In fairness to them, it was the early

70's when they were at the height of their fame in the ads, so they are getting on a bit).

Now I think you should let them get back to delivering pianos as they obviously aren't cut out for laptop testing!

(Please refer to the photographs attached!).

youtube.com/wat…PPk

TOSHIBA SATELLITE PENTIUM 6GB DDR3 500GB HDD 15.6" WIN 7 WEBCAM C660-21Q LAPTOP #271033411452

Regards,

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
26 Comments

Think you're wasting your time, they will just blame it on the postal company.

My parents have the same Toshiba Satellite laptop. We bought ours from PC world and have sent it back for repair over 5 times now. It's garbage.

Banned

you do realise things can get damaged in transit? oO

cool story anyway

Didn't the PG tips monkeys ruin the piano that they delivered?
I'm sure it fell down the stairs.

If I received an email like that I would put it right at the bottom of my things to do list!

dcx_badass

Lol at OP not knowing how to write an email to get what you want.

This

Yeah you would go straight in my junk mail if I got that while at work.

Email must of been lost in transit if you question the no response ;-)

Ermmmmm....

Lets suggest....

"Damaged in transit??"

Original Poster

There wasn't a mark on the box...

IrishMan

Doesnt mean its hasnt been rattled around or dropped flat as to not cause any damage to the box

IrishMan

Don't matter what excuse/reason you tell some of these on this forum - you are judged and convicted even though you're innocent.

Been there before! The ignore button works well and my list is building ... wheeeeeeeee

Great story/post and email to Tesco CEO but not sure it will get replied to or taken much notice of but still worth the effort to try!

Edited by: "philphil61" 20th Aug 2012

Banned

philphil61

Don't matter what excuse/reason you tell some of these on this forum - … Don't matter what excuse/reason you tell some of these on this forum - you are judged and convicted even though you're innocent. Been there before! The ignore button works well and my list is building ... wheeeeeeeeeGreat story/post and email to Tesco CEO but not sure it will get replied to or taken much notice of but still worth the effort to try!

oh the irony coming from probably the no1 person on everyone's ignore list!

"wheeeeeeeee" - are you 5 years old?

Banned

IrishMan

so, whats your point?

An Irish man who is a bit stupid. You don't get many of them now, do you?

philphil61

Don't matter what excuse/reason you tell some of these on this forum - … Don't matter what excuse/reason you tell some of these on this forum - you are judged and convicted even though you're innocent. Been there before! The ignore button works well and my list is building ... wheeeeeeeeeGreat story/post and email to Tesco CEO but not sure it will get replied to or taken much notice of but still worth the effort to try!

Wait , who said that?

Banned

ZedEx

Wait , who said that?

exactly my thoughts! oO

I won the toshiba satelite that I am posting on in a competition a few years back.
I have had ongoing issues with the screen.
In my case the screen kept blacking out. Attaching a second monitor allowed me to establish that it was a screen issue and not that the laptop had crashed.

Still couldnt be sure what was causing the problem but more recently the laptop started to completely crash. It was always extremely hot when this happened. As I tend to run it off the mains I removed the battery and have not had anymore crashes or screen issues. Coincidence?

Toshiba satellite laptops DO have issues

IrishMan

With reference to this deal that was posted last … With reference to this deal that was posted last week...http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/referbished-toshiba-satellite-pentium-6gb-ddr3-500gb-hdd-15-6-win-7-webcam-c660-1287864?page=2#post15262961Received one of these "bargains" today - and have wrote Tesco's CEO a wee email to tell him what I think......(I turned on the laptop to see the top half of the screen looking nice and white (as it was obviously damaged) and the bottom half of the screen flickering like the laptop was having a fit! - But apparently these laptops are FACTORY TESTED....so that lead me to a theory, which provided the basis for my DEAR PHILIP email below..... Dear Philip,Apparently the refurbished Laptop I bought from your Tesco Outlet on Ebay was factory tested.Well I have one suggestion for you, the PG Tips monkeys that you've obviously hired for this positionare getting on a bit and their eyesight maybe isn't what it used to be (In fairness to them, it was the early70's when they were at the height of their fame in the ads, so they are getting on a bit).Now I think you should let them get back to delivering pianos as they obviously aren't cut out for laptop testing!(Please refer to the photographs attached!).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzEBLa3PPkTOSHIBA SATELLITE PENTIUM 6GB DDR3 500GB HDD 15.6" WIN 7 WEBCAM C660-21Q LAPTOP #271033411452Regards,.................

same happend to me 300GB less than stated and RAM running so slow i guess they gave me 1GB RAM instead of the 4 the stated on sale, Jim White

I've had the same problem with the ebay tesco. I bought a tele, first one was making a horrible noise ALL the time, second had a cracked frame, third was completly shattered on the back so you could see the insides!! and the fourth had a destorted speaker. I thought i was just unlucky but after hearing this story i think the person who refurbishes their stuff should be sacked as well as the courier service because i do beleive the crack had to be in transit but the destorted speaker is most probable a technical fault. Basically just do not use this service and pay a bit more for something that works first time.

i bought a tv combi which arrived quic kly, but the dvd part di not work. i rang tesco up and they emauled a label to send it back free, then in two days i got my money back!! so cant fault the return service. i have bought items from shops and have had more hastle returning them, so well done tesco.

2467jimbob

same happend to me 300GB less than stated and RAM running so slow i … same happend to me 300GB less than stated and RAM running so slow i guess they gave me 1GB RAM instead of the 4 the stated on sale, Jim White

If you only have the knowledge to guess what ram is in your machine then i wouldn't be surprised it's your own fault the PC is running slow.

Wouldn't touch a toshiba satellite with a barge pole. My girlfriend had one and had nothing but problems with it which are very common (power supply etc needed replacing 4 times)
The trolls on here may have a pop at op saying would have been damaged by courier etc but certainly sounds like it has been a faulty return sent back to tesco that hasnt been tested properly before reselling

dexy2

Wouldn't touch a toshiba satellite with a barge pole. My girlfriend had … Wouldn't touch a toshiba satellite with a barge pole. My girlfriend had one and had nothing but problems with it which are very common (power supply etc needed replacing 4 times)The trolls on here may have a pop at op saying would have been damaged by courier etc but certainly sounds like it has been a faulty return sent back to tesco that hasnt been tested properly before reselling

http://i60.tinypic.com/28rnlh4.jpg

RossD89

And this reply was also a month on, how did you get around to replying to this?

iCoxyyyy

And this reply was also a month on, how did you get around to replying to … And this reply was also a month on, how did you get around to replying to this?

Somebody had commented on this thread as it was at the top of the discussed pile. They must have deleted their comment and in my eagerness to show them up I didn't even look at the comment X)

http://thecozyminimalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Egg-on-face.jpg

RossD89

Somebody had commented on this thread as it was at the top of the … Somebody had commented on this thread as it was at the top of the discussed pile. They must have deleted their comment and in my eagerness to show them up I didn't even look at the comment X)

Haha ah well, I still found it amusing (_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions