1. Tes Deals
Groups

Tesco Double up in-store Voucher Fake!!

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone else has had this humiliating experience at Tesco's. I had recently doubled up on-line my Tesco vouchers to use in store. I received them in post but today in Beckton (London) Tesco the vouchers got refused as fake! Apparently they have a circular dated 26 May 2009 that fake vouchers are in circulation similar in description to one I had been sent out. Beige/cream in colour, without customer name or clubcard number. What really drove me up the wall was the attitude of the staff and refusal of duty manager to see me. I am fuming.......!

10 Comments

Phone the manager now

I'm missing something here, was it a site that offered to double your points and have taken yours and sent you fakes? I'm slow and can't get my head around what's happened to you.

Original Poster

I spent 45 mins waiting for the duty manager at the customer service desk. I asked for Store Manager and was simply told.......she'll not come down!! Duty manager was clearly staving me off, as I was initially told he is in a staff meeting and after 15 mins when some else checked he was busy dealing with another customer?Complete lies.......you could see it in their eyes! Finally his line was perpetually engaged. After 45 minutes I walked out...he won!!! This is the worst ever customer service experience I have had. At no time anyone seemed to care!
    Just curious if any one else has ordered vouchers on-line to use in store that have been refused!

Original Poster

stefor;5483748

I'm missing something here, was it a site that offered to double your … I'm missing something here, was it a site that offered to double your points and have taken yours and sent you fakes? I'm slow and can't get my head around what's happened to you.

No, I doubled up my usual vouchers on tesco.com (clubcard).

zippo2008;5483790

No, I doubled up my usual vouchers on tesco.com (clubcard).

like others ,I am struggling to grasp this-TESCO sent you these vouchers and then claimed they were fake? time to take em to the cleaners methinks-I am astonished a manager wouldnt speak to you-its part and parcel of their policy to let you speak to a manager if you ask unless you are being abusive,in which case they wont give you the time of day.

phone head office,tell em they sent you the vouchers and then their store claimed they were fake,just mention watchdog/local papers etc and see how quick they make you an offer of freebies(cos they will for sure)

Original Poster

barky;5483838

like others ,I am struggling to grasp this-TESCO sent you these vouchers … like others ,I am struggling to grasp this-TESCO sent you these vouchers and then claimed they were fake? time to take em to the cleaners methinks-I am astonished a manager wouldnt speak to you-its part and parcel of their policy to let you speak to a manager if you ask unless you are being abusive,in which case they wont give you the time of day.phone head office,tell em they sent you the vouchers and then their store claimed they were fake,just mention watchdog/local papers etc and see how quick they make you an offer of freebies(cos they will for sure)

Absolutely, I even showed them the order confirmation email from Tesco.com on my mobile but they would have none of it! That is exactly the point ( head office sent vouchers and store is claiming they are fake) I was making. All I asked them was to give me a little note to say that they are refusing these vouchers as per the circular they have. They simply refused .....It is not our policy to do that! My biggest worry is that Head office may say.....they are genuine and please try to use them again! Then, I don't have any ground to stand on and can lose over £60 in vouchers! If I had a note I could have sent it along with the complaint letter.

Original Poster

Looks like no one is interested now, I'll expire this as it seems to be fading away on HUKD under newer posts. Thanks all.

I would have taken staff names and wrote down exactly what had been said in the store. Then contact head office on Monday giving names and positions of the staff members and just leave it with them. Tell them that you want to hear back before the end of the week with an apology for the embarrassment, as you were made to feel like a criminal in front of the queue of other customers, otherwise you will be contacting the local papers to run a story on it.

Good luck with it.

If it makes you feel any better i have found you can use Tesco vouchers on Tesco direct online and again in store :P

Original Poster

cheers!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2233
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764289
      3. ReCore: Definitive Edition releasing August 29th (probably)68
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917263

See more discussions