Tesco Gateshead

Found 18th Jun
Is there anybody out there who was shopping in tesco between 11.37 and 3.30pm on 6th May at Gateshead who has a receipt or pd by bank card and can prove by statement otherwise i am going to get a £42 ticket. I can't find my receipt and i know its a big ask but i would be really grateful
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
a parking ticket? DDon't worry about it. Ignore any correspondenceee and they will give up eventually
I thought tesco gave you a warning in the first parking violation. Unless you ignored it?
You won't find your receipt if you never shopped in Tescos that day which is what it seems like from your previous post .
You were shopping for 3 hours 53 minuets? You must of bought loads, wouldn’t the transaction be on your club card?
You were in the wrong. Pay up.
Your own bank statement is only going to show your shopping in town. Exactly why Tesco has these parking enforcements involved. So their customers can use their property to get their shopping!!!!
Pay it and move on. Not worth the stress!
termite9 h, 9 m ago

a parking ticket? DDon't worry about it. Ignore any correspondenceee and …a parking ticket? DDon't worry about it. Ignore any correspondenceee and they will give up eventually

Again this crops up, this is no longer the best approach especially from these parking firms like parking eye, this has not been the recommendation since 2012, while it might just be an invoice the registered keeper is fully liable for it and it is enforceable.

For the £42 unless you have evidence proving you were a customer (in which case complain to the land owner first) you should just pay up!
Dannyrobbo24 m ago

Again this crops up, this is no longer the best approach especially from …Again this crops up, this is no longer the best approach especially from these parking firms like parking eye, this has not been the recommendation since 2012, while it might just be an invoice the registered keeper is fully liable for it and it is enforceable. For the £42 unless you have evidence proving you were a customer (in which case complain to the land owner first) you should just pay up!

Whether it is enforceable or not, it won't be enforced so why pay it?
MonkeysUncle11 h, 23 m ago

I thought tesco gave you a warning in the first parking violation. Unless …I thought tesco gave you a warning in the first parking violation. Unless you ignored it?

I never received one
termite2 h, 41 m ago

Whether it is enforceable or not, it won't be enforced so why pay it?

Who says it won’t be enforced? The chances are they will not take you to court, but it’s extremly outdated advice to suggest ignoring it . They do take people to court and if you have zero evidence to suggest your stay was in compliance with their terms the £42 you can’t afford now will be much more.

the advice everybody still quotes is pre 2012 and since that ruling parking eye have enforced aggressively, you can’t say with 100% certainty they won’t follow it up, because they do (25,000 in 2015)

OP privateparkingappeals.co.uk will take your case on for £20 and pay the PCN if they lose.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions