Expired

Tesco Groceries Christmas Delivery Slots available now!

Found 27th Nov 2014
Delivery slots available up to Tuesday 23rd December
m.tesco.com/h5/…es/

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

10 Comments

I've booked mine but was wondering if they delivered on Christmas Eve. On my store all 24th are showing as 'full' even the click and collect slots. Do they not deliver on Christmas Eve?

Asda's became available last week as well for anyone who shops there, always good to get booked in ASAP I missed it last year and had to face the dreaded in store Christmas grocery shop
Got my place firmly booked this time

Original Poster

ripoffh8er

I've booked mine but was wondering if they delivered on Christmas Eve. … I've booked mine but was wondering if they delivered on Christmas Eve. On my store all 24th are showing as 'full' even the click and collect slots. Do they not deliver on Christmas Eve?

it says full on Christmas Eve for me too and i checked just after midnight when the slots were released - they must only deliver up to the 23rd x

ripoffh8er

I've booked mine but was wondering if they delivered on Christmas Eve. … I've booked mine but was wondering if they delivered on Christmas Eve. On my store all 24th are showing as 'full' even the click and collect slots. Do they not deliver on Christmas Eve?

only at certain stores i believe, so looks like yours is not one of them

ripoffh8er

The email sent to the Tesco customers informing us of this date, clearly states -

"As an exclusive benefit of being a Delivery Saver customer, you get priority access to our Christmas delivery slots which become available on Thursday 27th November.
They go quickly so mark the date on your calendar and book early! This means you have a much better chance of getting a time and date that suits. Only a few selected stores deliver on Christmas Eve, so the last delivery day before Christmas is usually the 23rd.
"

By the time I got onto the Tesco site, every single slot for the 23rd is full - which I'm suspicious of actually. Anyway, same happened last year, got my delivery on the 22nd and had to send back virtually ALL of my Christmas dinner food as it was use by or BB 24th (stuffings, chipolatas, meats, pates, the prawns were ALREADY out of date!) really shocking, I was very upset. I had to reject almost everything and the poor delivery guy was mortified for me. I know the Christmas shop isn't fun, but for people like myself who physically can't go out to shop, it's a real worry.

NinurtaEnki

Asda's became available last week as well for anyone who shops there, … Asda's became available last week as well for anyone who shops there, always good to get booked in ASAP I missed it last year and had to face the dreaded in store Christmas grocery shop :(Got my place firmly booked this time

Thank you so much for posting this. I just tried Asda (without much real hope) and there are loads of 23rd December slots available, so got one booked!!! I prefer Tesco but given last year's fiasco, I have booked a slot for pm 22 for a Tesco delivery, then an a.m 23 December Asda slot to add in all the stuff that Tesco will invariably muck up. Then I still have enough time to ask bf nicely to get anything that still doesn't arrive.

ripoffh8er

NinurtaEnki

Asda's became available last week as well for anyone who shops there, … Asda's became available last week as well for anyone who shops there, always good to get booked in ASAP I missed it last year and had to face the dreaded in store Christmas grocery shop :(Got my place firmly booked this time

food with short life over holiday period likely will be very short due to the fact the shop will be shut and they wont get a fresh food delivery in the day before closing, might be best to order in a few days earlier or just after xmas.

athunder

food with short life over holiday period likely will be very short due to … food with short life over holiday period likely will be very short due to the fact the shop will be shut and they wont get a fresh food delivery in the day before closing, might be best to order in a few days earlier or just after xmas.

It's the food for my Christmas dinner mainly. Last year my order on the 22nd should have been perfect. But the picker gave me all the short dated stuff. That was the problem, not the stock in store I'm sure. Don't fancy getting my order in after the date!

ripoffh8er

NinurtaEnki

I'm so glad my post helped you! it's always a good idea to have a back up and great that you can change/add to your order right up until the night before. I'm going to use Adsa for all the heavy drinks and basics that would fill up the car but go to specific stores for the bits I really like to have as a treat and like you said anything I forget at the last minute lol

therealslimkaty

It's the food for my Christmas dinner mainly. Last year my order on the … It's the food for my Christmas dinner mainly. Last year my order on the 22nd should have been perfect. But the picker gave me all the short dated stuff. That was the problem, not the stock in store I'm sure. Don't fancy getting my order in after the date!

yeah I agree pickers can be rubbish at times, just pointing out that 23rd will be last day stores get fresh food sent in, and xmas is a mad house with shoppers grabbing everything, so dates can be a bit short due to this.

NinurtaEnki

I'm so glad my post helped you! it's always a good idea to have a back … I'm so glad my post helped you! it's always a good idea to have a back up and great that you can change/add to your order right up until the night before. I'm going to use Adsa for all the heavy drinks and basics that would fill up the car but go to specific stores for the bits I really like to have as a treat and like you said anything I forget at the last minute lol

It's a big weight off my mind knowing I have this as back up. Happy Christmas!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions