Tesco grocery delivery slots

Found 22nd Dec 2017
Had my slot booked for over 10 days for 23/12/2017. First Christmas I have done this and have to say that I am very dismayed with the service. Started with a pint of milk to hold the slot and have been adding things to the list over time. Wrongly assuming that what was on the list was accepted and could look forward to it arriving on Saturday; but suddenly realised that over 14 items have been deleted from the list as not available, some of which are important items and will have to be bought elsewhere. This wouldn't normally have been a problem except I had a stroke this year and getting used to the disability and had relied on the delivery to take away a lot of the stress of shopping. As I say I have put this down to 'experience' but it is just a reminder of the disappointment and inconvenience that can be caused by 'putting your eggs in one basket'
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
Ask a friend or neighbour to get you a few bits from the supermarket. After all it’s all in the spirit of Christmas.
@diabeticguy , @joxeruk2000 said, "after all it's all in the spirit of Christmas", my view is to rely on the kindred spirit of your neighours, friends to show compassion. Tesco is no human capital that you can draw on, it is a business which has performance challenges at Christmas.

If you have no kindred spirit to draw on, then call the Tesco customer services for assistance based on your health reason. It is futile to expect more from MISC in your hour of need. You need help from those physically near you.

Your post here is a classic illustration of an expectation from business to give you personal services when kindred spirit and compassion are what people need from those around them. This is what I name human capital. This human capital asset has to be accumulated like an asset.

Edited: to quote joxeruk
Edited by: "splender" 22nd Dec 2017
Have you tried putting the removed items back in? It may be something to do with items with a short shelf life being somehow erroneously linked to the actual stock at the time of your order.
Log in and check again tonight, if it’s been removed from your basket it’s usually because it’s out of stock at that store, but I’ve had this and checked the next day and the items are available again. You should be able to check upto midnight tonight to change your order so check later tonight. I know some certain Christmas items are only available until today/tomorrow so have a look for those as that might be why they’ve been removed
splender59 m ago

@diabeticguy , you said, "after all it's all in the spirit of Christmas", …@diabeticguy , you said, "after all it's all in the spirit of Christmas", my view is to rely on the kindred spirit of your neighours, friends to show compassion. Tesco is no human capital that you can draw on, it is a business which has performance challenges at Christmas. If you have no kindred spirit to draw on, then call the Tesco customer services for assistance based on your health reason. It is futile to expect more from MISC in your hour of need. You need help from those physically near you.Your post here is a classic illustration of an expectation from business to give you personal services when kindred spirit and compassion are what people need from those around them. This is what I name human capital. This human capital asset has to be accumulated like an asset.

Think you’ve mixed up my comment about the spirit of Christmas and the original posters comments.
joxeruk20007 m ago

Think you’ve mixed up my comment about the spirit of Christmas and the o …Think you’ve mixed up my comment about the spirit of Christmas and the original posters comments.

How do you mean? If I knew I wouldn't have got mixed up as you said, so you should explain.
splender11 m ago

How do you mean? If I knew I wouldn't have got mixed up as you said, so …How do you mean? If I knew I wouldn't have got mixed up as you said, so you should explain.

You credited the wrong person with having said "after all it's the spirit of Xmas"
bryanhaines3999 m ago

You credited the wrong person with having said "after all it's the spirit …You credited the wrong person with having said "after all it's the spirit of Xmas"

Yoi are a star, quick on the mark, more importantly, helpful to the end point.
Try adding the items again...same happened to me and thats what I did and it worked
He might be able to add the items again but the delivery slot won't be available any more.
SpyJoe2 h, 39 m ago

He might be able to add the items again but the delivery slot won't be …He might be able to add the items again but the delivery slot won't be available any more.

I didn't read anything to suggest he'd relinquished the slot.
SpyJoe2 h, 44 m ago

He might be able to add the items again but the delivery slot won't be …He might be able to add the items again but the delivery slot won't be available any more.

No, they can add items until a certain cut off time (which will be indicated on the order), they will not relinquish the slot.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants