Tesco have announced free roaming to EU countries from 15 June 2017

I am with Tesco mobile and off on holidays soon and have just phoned Tesco mobile to see if they will be offering free roaming to match the other providers as I couldn't see any information on their web site. They are still quoting paying for calls, data and texts as extra.

Their customer service department confirmed they will be offering free roaming to EU countries from 15 June 2017 and announcement will be on their we site nearer the time.

Top comments

All the cellualr providers have "announced" same, cos it's an obligatory requirement ec.europa.eu/uni…_en
9 Comments

mod

Moved over to misc as an info post. Thanks for sharing

All the cellualr providers have "announced" same, cos it's an obligatory requirement ec.europa.eu/uni…_en

Oh they are just too kind!!!! How sweet of them!!
EE are doing the exact same thing too!!

It's almost as though they have been made to do it by some higher governing power...

But nah, surely it's because they are feeling kind and generous

Bugs the hell out of me that they are making it sound like some special service improvement they are generously offering, when the reality is they are being made to do it by law.

It is EU regulation from 17 of June free roaming.

Talktalk mobile is the only arrogant company who hasnt made any announcement. Hell, they dont even have 4G plans. FRee EU roaming would be a distant dream for punters.

i had the same sphiel from plusnet but apparently it is law. all the providers are all making out that it is something that they are making for customers as a benefit off their own back!

If they really really wanted to show their kindness and generosity- why not make worldwide roaming inclusive too?? Oh probably because they haven't been made to.

118luke

If they really really wanted to show their kindness and generosity- why … If they really really wanted to show their kindness and generosity- why not make worldwide roaming inclusive too?? Oh probably because they haven't been made to.

Ah come on, be nice to the poor mobile companies, not making a fortune in profits and the EU even had to give them a few years of allowing them to charge special lower prices while they got ready for absorbing the roaming costs.

GiffGaff 2015. Accounts showed this "in summary we grew our member base by 364,000 members, our revenue climbed 37% to £285m and profit increased year on year from £8m to £21.5m." All the while killing data speeds, when questions why they couldn't do anything for existing customers with the profits they simply said it would allow their owners o2 to invest in the network o2 who then gave more of their network to sky and said to giffgaff customers....

giffgaff 4g speeds are an amazing 2Mb, so come on think of the poor networks not making any money
Edited by: "eslick" 18th May
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
    2. Tooth extraction99
    3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611
    4. Amazon prime subscribe & save47

See more discussions