Tesco Hearty Food Company Frozen Meals - £0.65 in store (online too)

Posted 28th Jul 2019
Wouldn't normally endorse ready meals....but I thought this was great value when I was walking around Tesco earlier.

I have checked online and 65p each doesn't appear to be an "offer" price (happy to be corrected)

Spaghetti Bolognese
Chicken Curry with Rice
Mac n cheese
Lasagne
Sweet and Sour Chicken
Cheese and Tomato Pasta
Sliced Beef in Gravy
Toad in the Hole
Two Cheese Omelettes

tesco.com/gro…ing
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Just remember that this is their value/ 'no-frills' range rebadged under names designed to fool you into thinking you're buying a bonafide brand!
darren_hooker28/07/2019 17:33

There's a red indicator on the box which I'm presuming is salt, not good …There's a red indicator on the box which I'm presuming is salt, not good if you have high blood pressure but great find OP

Ironic it is called Hearty!
gidsterc28/07/2019 19:50

The red one on the Curry there is actually Saturated Fat - it has ⅓ of y …The red one on the Curry there is actually Saturated Fat - it has ⅓ of your daily sat. fat intake in this 1 dish...

Brilliant.
Just have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and stay within the guidelines!
Plus, it will only have cost £1.95 for the whole day!
Watch out for your local takeaway shop owner buying in bulk!
47 Comments
Just remember that this is their value/ 'no-frills' range rebadged under names designed to fool you into thinking you're buying a bonafide brand!
Gollywood28/07/2019 17:09

Just remember that this is their value/ 'no-frills' range rebadged under …Just remember that this is their value/ 'no-frills' range rebadged under names designed to fool you into thinking you're buying a bonafide brand!

Yep.
Also love the Aunt Molly's packaging on their biscuits and puddings!
Pretty OK for the price. Lived off of them for a couple of weeks while we had our kitchen done last year. Chicken curry, mac and cheese and the omelettes are good value and tasty. I think this is RRP though.
Aren't they always this price... There value meals are pretty good, levels of salt etc are a bit worrying though, can be said for most ready meals, not all though
I always get the 65p lasagna and it's really nice..
There's a red indicator on the box which I'm presuming is salt, not good if you have high blood pressure but great find OP

There's a red indicator on the box which I'm presuming is salt, not good …There's a red indicator on the box which I'm presuming is salt, not good if you have high blood pressure but great find OP

Cheaper then dog food...oh hang on..
ScoobyZ28/07/2019 17:40

Yup ironic, I suppose theyre ok once or twice a week but any longer and its sure to be unhealthy,
Decent nothing too processed worth a punt
Spaghetti stats are alright. I picked one up the other day. I'm so surprised how there so cheap? I thought it was a price error at first. Pretty sure they used to be a £1
Hduk app is broken it says it’s cold but actually a hot deal
dsmsli28/07/2019 18:25

Lol.. you went there!
dsmsli28/07/2019 18:25

I’m gonna look out for Mac n cheese on my local menu
Can't be healthy but amazing price, voted hot.

Just remember that this is their value/ 'no-frills' range rebadged under …Just remember that this is their value/ 'no-frills' range rebadged under names designed to fool you into thinking you're buying a bonafide brand!

Sainsburys have done the same with some of their basics range, certainly their frozen ready meals and fresh fruit
KellyHarrop28/07/2019 17:32

I like the lasagne too, but was disappointed by the cottage pie.
They did a beef stew with mash and dumplings which was lovely. They seem to have discontinued this. The toad on the hole is very nice. Bargain
This exclusive range has always been this price but a pity they have stopped doing the Chilli Con Carne

The Lasagne is by far the best
deleted1628076
Not sure where the £1.20 comes from, as (some of) these have been 65p constantly for many months - Toad in the Hole a regular buy.

The red one on the Curry there is actually Saturated Fat - it has ⅓ of your daily sat. fat intake in this 1 dish...

The red one on the Curry there is actually Saturated Fat - it has ⅓ of y …The red one on the Curry there is actually Saturated Fat - it has ⅓ of your daily sat. fat intake in this 1 dish...

Brilliant.
Just have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and stay within the guidelines!
Plus, it will only have cost £1.95 for the whole day!

Think I'll give them a miss then..however cheap they are
Have had these daily for months and they’ve ALWAYS been 65p.... The fresh ones are the £1.20 ones.
I buy the tomato pasta one a lot. Great for lunch at work
Cheap as chips
DigitalFootprint28/07/2019 20:41

I buy the tomato pasta one a lot. Great for lunch at work Cheap as chips

My fav too. Massive fan of the Lasagne too
i tried the chicken curry one a a few weeks ago,they were all 65p at the time,i'd put them @£1 good deal at this price,and others have said the other flavours are good.
There always 65p I eat them every single day
I stopped using My local Tescos, since the Turkey Bleach scandal.
They are so grumpy as well.
I shop at COOP now, and get nice discounts.

Oh yeah, the bunch of folks there are always cheerful and helpful.

Heat for posting tho.

So?
They are 65p as standard. I like the chicken curry, sweet and sour chicken and the cheese and tomato pasta.

This is what Aldi do when doing those adverts saying you can save vs Tesco but never compare to Tesco's own stuff. Anyway these are cheaper than they used to be before the branding.
muzhaque28/07/2019 17:22

Yep.Also love the Aunt Molly's packaging on their biscuits and puddings!

Ms Molly's actually Eastman's is their cold meats and delicatessen stuff.

And blinking clever move, loads people buy this brand now not realising its value in disguise.
Edited by: "smokedsausage" 28th Jul 2019
stingersplash28/07/2019 22:46

Ms Molly's actually Eastman's is their cold meats and delicatessen …Ms Molly's actually Eastman's is their cold meats and delicatessen stuff.

That's what I meant 🏽 🏽
KellyHarrop28/07/2019 17:32

Living the dream Kels!
Very clever but doing no harm imo because they often can be pretty tasty still
For the price you really can’t knock them! Tried them a few months ago when I moved and had no oven for a couple of weeks as my maternity leave budget couldn’t stretch to anything more. I was massively impressed at a hot meal to keep me going for 65p!
I love the cheese omelettes, a delicious vice.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants