Tesco Is Introducing A Special Shopping Hour This Sunday For Its Workers And NHS Staff

Expert (Beta)25
Posted 20th Mar
About time too

3425262.jpgThis Sunday, those eligible will be invited to browse an hour before traditional shop opening.

It's part of a range of measures the store has introduces to try and stop panic-buying and ensure there is enough food for everybody left on the shelves.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Sympha20/03/2020 14:16

So thats workers and nhs staff covered... now what about every one else?

They have the rest of the day to buy their shopping.
excellent

well done Tesco's - lets hope the rest follow

It would also be great if these hard working critical workers could also get preferential delivery slots

I would pay for someones delivery slot and again perhaps when us mere mortals are ordering our shops we can have the ability to fund a key workers delivery charge.
Sympha20/03/2020 14:23

I take it you havent been out shopping for a week then? Everything is gone …I take it you havent been out shopping for a week then? Everything is gone by noon

So you want Tesco and NHS staff to get the leftovers when they finish their hard shifts, whilst everyone else is off work and at least gets the chance to go shopping and get what they need?
Edited by: "jaybizzle" 20th Mar
25 Comments
Edited by: "Sympha" 20th Mar
excellent

well done Tesco's - lets hope the rest follow

It would also be great if these hard working critical workers could also get preferential delivery slots

I would pay for someones delivery slot and again perhaps when us mere mortals are ordering our shops we can have the ability to fund a key workers delivery charge.

jaybizzle20/03/2020 14:22

I take it you havent been out shopping for a week then? Everything is gone by noon

Others have no value in the society apparently!!
"on every product line" so that means every product in store is 3 per customer? My local Tesco Express still has multi buy promotions such as chocolate 3 for $1.20 etc

Great move anyway. Ignore people being selfish. Elderly and vulnerable will appreciate this I'm sure - well done Tesco 💙
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 20th Mar
Sympha20/03/2020 14:23

I take it you havent been out shopping for a week then? Everything is gone …I take it you havent been out shopping for a week then? Everything is gone by noon

So you want Tesco and NHS staff to get the leftovers when they finish their hard shifts, whilst everyone else is off work and at least gets the chance to go shopping and get what they need?
Edited by: "jaybizzle" 20th Mar
jaybizzle20/03/2020 14:27

So you want Tesco and NHS staff to get the leftovers when they finish …So you want Tesco and NHS staff to get the leftovers when they finish their hard shifts, whilst everyone else is off work and at least gets the chance to go shopping and get what they need?

Did you not read what i said? Nobody is getting any chance to get anything they need because of the selfish idiots taking everything. Its not just nhs staff and tesco staff that arnt able to buy food its EVERYONE.
sorry, where did you hear this? the leaflet you posted doesn't mentioned anything about Tesco workers and NHS staff
(although I might have missed it!)
Woodsy20/03/2020 14:31

sorry, where did you hear this? the leaflet you posted doesn't mentioned …sorry, where did you hear this? the leaflet you posted doesn't mentioned anything about Tesco workers and NHS staff(although I might have missed it!)

I also got an email with what's in this discussion.
Sympha20/03/2020 14:30

Did you not read what i said? Nobody is getting any chance to get anything …Did you not read what i said? Nobody is getting any chance to get anything they need because of the selfish idiots taking everything. Its not just nhs staff and tesco staff that arnt able to buy food its EVERYONE.

The people having to work should at least get the opportunity to get what they need first, they shouldn't be having to work in these difficult times and then have to worry about going to the shops for food when the finish a hard shift.

Did you not read what i said? Nobody is getting any chance to get anything …Did you not read what i said? Nobody is getting any chance to get anything they need because of the selfish idiots taking everything. Its not just nhs staff and tesco staff that arnt able to buy food its EVERYONE.

Jeez...you're not going to starve....no-one is...you just might not be able to get the things you normally want. I agree there were some pretty stupid people buying tons of stuff and now there are more people feeling like they have to stock up because of these idiots but you'll get through this. Just buy other stuff.
Great idea
Woodsy20/03/2020 14:31

sorry, where did you hear this? the leaflet you posted doesn't mentioned …sorry, where did you hear this? the leaflet you posted doesn't mentioned anything about Tesco workers and NHS staff(although I might have missed it!)

chroniclelive.co.uk/wha…239
40147437-Z4peT.jpgdiet croca cola isn't an essential item - Pepsi Max definitely is though! I've stocked up already.
MrSwitch20/03/2020 14:56

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/tesco-coronavirus-shopping-times-vulnerable-17954239

No mention in the article of the extra hour being for Tesco staff.
Edited by: "pete10001" 20th Mar
pete1000120/03/2020 15:29

No mention in the article of the extra hour being for Tesco staff.

It is definitely for both.

You seem to be contradicting yourself there.
It's either everyone who aren't able to buy food, or it's some people.
For example the selfish idiots, they're getting some.
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 20th Mar
I’m glad they’re giving the hour for their own staff too. Sometimes we think “oh they work there they have easy access” but they don’t. I know someone on the meat counter at a supermarket. They go in the morning, set everything up, work their shift, then by the time they’re finished work and can do some shopping, everything’s gone from the shelves. At least now they can get a few things together as well.
Waitrose had the seniors hour this morning, Sainsburys had it yesterday. I didn't see any significant stock reduction because of this even though there were long lines. I support these initiatives as it allows every member of the community to get what they need without their personal challenges getting in the way, like age, employment hours, etc.
Was at our local big Tesco 2 days back at 8.30am (which is the time I'm always there). Odd mix of stuff that had gone even by then... No a single box of corn flakes? Or porridge?
Instead of this talk about government cash handouts to all citizens perhaps a free basic weekly food delivery to all households might stop this madness
Thanks for highlighting this Switchy
Tesco also doesn't let you buy stuff that are on offer for example 2 for £7 will be full price atleast the one near me is doing it
Is it ALL Tesco

if a store opens at 11,

doesit mean 11 to 12 is reserved or they open at 10 for the hour
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants